Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I made a chicken sandwich and I feel like I ate a whole chicken. :chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

square cut cracker thin? i love that poo poo.

No cracker crust. Just a thin crust which is actually pretty soft and floppy but the amount of cheese is great.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Theotus posted:

So this might not be the best place to ask, but I have kind of had an aversion to eggs my entire life. Like at this point I can rock eggs in phad thai, or in fried rice or something, but eggs as a breakfast or center piece of a meal I just can't handle. Is there a particular dish I should try and or cook to try to get over this? I feel like it is seriously limiting my enjoyment of breakfast and food in general.

I'd say just a basic omelette. beat 2 eggs with a little spash of water until homogenous, pour into a well-buttered 8" skillet on med-low heat, stir gently until it starts to solidify, add cheese and onions and peppers or w/e you want, fold over once and finish cooking on both sides. the inside should turn out all cheesy and fluffy

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Beans and diced veggies in bbq sauce.

I'm trying to save money so I've reduced myself to hobo-meals until the end of the year.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Roast chicken breast with brown rice and steamed broccoli

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im gonna be honest with you i got real drunk off seltzers while gaming with The Boys and ate a slim Jim + a whole mess of "honey mustard bar mix"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aardvark! posted:

im gonna be honest with you i got real drunk off seltzers while gaming with The Boys and ate a slim Jim + a whole mess of "honey mustard bar mix"

Aren't slim jims your breakfast? :confused:

I'm probably going to make cod filets with some frozen vegetable. I'd like to add another side. Maybe a baked potato.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I went and got greasy kung pow chicken and lo mein. I have reprehensible gas this morning as a result.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Surprised nobody mentioned OP's mom

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Aren't slim jims your breakfast? :confused:

I'm probably going to make cod filets with some frozen vegetable. I'd like to add another side. Maybe a baked potato.

i like them enough to usually eat a second one as a snack at some point during the day. they're only 130 calories

also im out of variety chip bags. gotta get groceries soon ...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

mobby_6kl posted:

Surprised nobody mentioned OP's mom

I think its pretty much just a given at this point.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nachos that I make with those Tostitos Scoops, or as my kid calls em “Tiny Tacos”. The scoop shape allows for perfect distribution of toppings although they are tedious as hell to make. Kept it simple tonight with seasoned beef, sliced jalapeños, shredded cheese, and some fresh cilantro. Pico de Gallo and sour cream on the side to add per preference.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Nachos that I make with those Tostitos Scoops, or as my kid calls em “Tiny Tacos”. The scoop shape allows for perfect distribution of toppings although they are tedious as hell to make. Kept it simple tonight with seasoned beef, sliced jalapeños, shredded cheese, and some fresh cilantro. Pico de Gallo and sour cream on the side to add per preference.

gently caress yeah I like to melt chunks of cheese in those things until they’re full. :munch:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I made a chicken sandwich and I feel like I ate a whole chicken. :chanpop:

Buying rotisserie chickens and then making them into chickencheese is one of the few joys I have left in life. I like to take chicken stock and turn it into gravy, then mix it with the cheese and some mustard while it's cooking.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've never bought a rotisserie chicken before and have it on my grocery list for next time I go. I have some recipes available to use the leftover chicken with.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I ordered macaroni and cheese from noodles and company. I ordered it with 4 different cheeses, grilled chicken, and bacon, but they gave me two of the cheeses on the side because apparently the employees are all mentally handicapped. I ate it with some habanero sauce. It was two cheeses less good than it should've been.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
black bean quesadilla from a local place i revived in the air fry

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

A seafood melt, which consisted of an English muffin topped with fake crab, tomato, cheese, and hollandaise sauce, along with some green beans and some horribly overcook brown rice that I couldn’t stomach

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Bacon, Avocado, Mayonaise, grilled tomato on crispy as the dickens toast.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I ordered macaroni and cheese from noodles and company. I ordered it with 4 different cheeses, grilled chicken, and bacon, but they gave me two of the cheeses on the side because apparently the employees are all mentally handicapped. I ate it with some habanero sauce. It was two cheeses less good than it should've been.

They were probably just worried about your cheese intake and wanted to help you pace yourself.

Also don't be a dick.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A leftover Donair after I got a 2fer deal at lunch.

They weren't great and in fact better cold.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

AKZ posted:

They were probably just worried about your cheese intake and wanted to help you pace yourself.

Also don't be a dick.

I’ve been angry all day today. Maybe I’ll be less angry tomorrow.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I made two cod filets in the air fryer (8 minutes) and a whole bag of green beans because I didn't want to make a potato.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's a greedy amount of green beans

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That's a greedy amount of green beans

MORE LIKE GREEDBEANS!!!!! HAHAHA NOONER YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I had chicken and rice and salad tonight. nothing exciting but was still a solid dinner

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

MORE LIKE GREEDBEANS!!!!! HAHAHA NOONER YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!!

youre outta control mister

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Created some killer lamb shanks in the slow cooker. Made the wine/tomatoes/stock cooking liquid into a sauce after I got the shanks out to have a break while I "boiled the poo poo out of it" Ramsey style. Pretty spectaxx with some oven roasted jerusalem artichokes and potatoes in duck fat. Holy snapping duckshit.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
there's this thing i eat all the time which i call my "italian" but it's just something i made up

ingredients:
- pack of instant ravioli
- about 8 sun dried tomatoes
- 200-250g or so sweet potato diced
- 200g pack of tenderstem broccoli
- mixed nuts
- pesto
- pepper (mixed black/white is good) and generous amount of mixed herbs

equipment:
frying pan
sauce pan
tupperware box

the above makes 2 servings
you put the broccoli and the diced up sweet potato in the tupperware and set the microwave for 4 minutes or so, to micro steam them. this gradually fucks the tupperware box and you gotta leave it partly open so it doesn't explode et.c.
i usually get sun dried tomatoes in oil, if you get the dried ones you have to rehydrate them i guess. when they are in oil what i usually do is put some kitchen roll in the frying pan and soak most of the oil off them with that, and leave a little remaining in the pan and thne add the nuts to toast them for a few mins.
boil the pasta in the pan for whatever. try to time it so the nuts/tomatoes, pasta and veg are all done about the same time. i take the frying pan off the heat let it cool down because you dont want to burn the pesto, then just scoop out a bunch of pesto (3-4 tbsp maybe?) into the pan and put the pepper and mixed herbs on it, then throw all the other poo poo in the pan and mix it all up and i usually do that over a bit of heat to get rid of any remaining water from the pasta etc.

it's rpetty good and suitable for vegetarians if you get vegetarian ravioli

combos of flavour i like
- basil pesto alla genovese and spinach and ricotta ravioli
- chili pesto and cheese/mascarpone/onion ravioli
- red pepper pesto and salami ravioli

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 13, 2021

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Whole lot of air frying itt.

Are those really worth it?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
for dinner Tonite im thinking about making a new American dish that's a knockoff of an Australian meat pie floater.

im gonna put a Marie calendar pot pie in a bowl of tomato soup

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

im gonna put a Marie calendar pot pie in a bowl of tomato soup

Please post pictures it sounds amazing. Like... Food can really be art :eyepop:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
last night i made trader joes frozen pasta (cacio e pepe) to go with the rest of my rotisserie chicken. pretty tasty!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gonna attempt a corned beef and cabbage in the Instant Pot tonight. I've only used that thing maybe once despite how useful it could be.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Ate a bar of chocolate for dinner cause it was cheaper than buying dinner today.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’m gonna have 4 small artichokes. I’m preparing them in the most boring manner, steaming them, and going to eat them plain or maybe with a little garlic butter. Maybe. I love the taste of artichokes though so I don’t really need any additions.
I probably need to eat something else but I haven’t planned that far

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Tossed some frozen chicken fingers and fries in the oven at 420* (gently caress yeah) for 30 minutes.

Would have done it for 69 minutes, but I didn't want to eat pure carbon.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just bought real garlic for the first time in my adult life. I've gotten the jarred stuff in oil forever. My dad did it so I did it. :shrug:

Wow. It's uh, not the same. It's as pungent as an onion and made me tear up when I was cutting it. :getin:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Gonna attempt a corned beef and cabbage in the Instant Pot tonight. I've only used that thing maybe once despite how useful it could be.

Look up cooking settings online. Instant Pot really has a learning curve. If it’s a big chunk of meat I suggest cutting into halves or quarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm following this Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe. Since it's a recipe from a website, if it doesn't turn out, I can sue.