Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Homegrown new potatoes with a cold cream & chives sauce, bacon wrapped & cheese filled mushrooms, grilled tomato and some grilled chicken

There was also some salmon and pickled herring and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Hard shell tacos

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

The Bloop posted:

i hope you had more peas to go with those chips

I knew someone would say something about those peas.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Peas on a taco is pretty strange.

It's good tho, tends to fly away, but still.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Pasta puttanesca, and gently caress it I forgot to bring the leftovers to work for lunch.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Fried some onions and rice with some soy and spices and ate with some leftover chicken

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Tiggum posted:

Where's the second half of the poem?

It's in this pizza

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

This weekends cookout

Smoking!

Homebaked buns

Pulled pork

Beef pepper stout

Smoked beans & bacon

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Meatballs & marinara sauce, then I shoved it into a hoagie roll.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Pizza sandwiches

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Fried pork belly, potatoes, carrots, fried onions etc etc, fryin and boiling.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Rice, chicken and a sauce jar with some indian sounding name. Also some steamed broccoli and cauliflower

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Frying some sausage

Pot of potatoes on the boil too.

edit, oh and more sausage in the oven, just cheezed it:

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 3, 2021

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

adeadcrab posted:

AKA the best way

Best way pictured below.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Beef ala Lindström. Ground beef patties with red beets and capers, and other stuff.

With some potatoes au gratin (not pictures)

This weekend we roasted cauliflower in the oven with olive oil, spices and parmesan. It was hella good.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Yellow pea soup

The pee soup jokes write themselves.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Just sandwiches tonight.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Fried stuff

Honestly shoulda had some vegetables to go with tho. Steamed and buttered broccoli would've gone well with this. Or tomatoes.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Vegetarian today

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Desert actually, oven pancakes and ice cream and homemade strawberry jam.

Todays breakfast was last nights leftovers, and two pots of coffee.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Rice + stuff found in the fridge

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables and beef lindstrom patties.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Last night meat & potatoes (+bread)

Tonight, no meat and notatoes

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

lovely photo but it was good, carrot fritters, potatoes and stuff.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Worf posted:

i also take my cucumber raw

the sear on it looks delectable

a lot less liquidity than im used to but definitely would eat

Thanks, the outside is covered in bread crumbs for a nicer and crunchier surface.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Worf posted:

carrots are really criminally underused in western cuisine, both in what theyre capable of, and as far as frequency

a shame honestly. theyre a really noble part of the earth imo

They're a regular part of public school food here in finland so it's a pretty well known dish here. There are variations too with other vegetables, but the ones with basically only carrots & onions are the best IMO. Breadcrumbs really raises the whole thing to another level.

Shredded carrots are also excellent to mix in with ground beef (particularly in pasta/lasagna sauce) to reduce the amount of meat needed, for economic reasons and to be more environmentally friendly. Right now I pay 1.50€ for a kg (2lbs) of carrots and cheapest g round beef is 4.30€ per 400g (1lbs)

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 14, 2022

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Red beans and rice except I had no andouille so I used bacon. And I was almost out of red beans so I used black and white as well.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

After dinner actually, that was grilled chicken but no photos of that.

I had some cream that had soured, that means it's soda bun time. Great way to save otherwise gone bad food.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Just some deep fried sausages!

French fries too, having a deep fryer is great, but bad.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Chickens

Had a midsummer party

Leftovers made good chicken sandwiches

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Dönerkebab, that's not ketchup.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

von Braun posted:

thats not real blandad sås :/

Never heard of that actually. Swedish thing I guess?

Also I think kebabs overall seem to have gotten worse over the last two decades where I live. Back in the early 2000s the meat in the döners seemed better, sorta more real and crumbly than todays slices of meat which seem like they hold together like a singular piece of meat. I dunno what happened but that kind of döner meat seems to have disappeared in favor of this style which has more of a factory produced feel.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Pea soup from scratch using split peas, bacon and carrots.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Pizza rolls, actually about 72 of them. Been baking all day.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Lentil soup with fried bread

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Spaghetti and meatballs. Accidental flash photo.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

An iraqi immigrant opened up a closed down gas station to make a living as a mechanic in my small town, he also opened the diner again, so I went and tried it out. Those meat things are supposed to be some kind of kebab, they where nice. Place looked cool, 80s or late 70s interior still, but it wasn't worn out, just retro looking. Like sitting in a gas station from the 80s again, hope it works out for the guy.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Swedish dish called sjömansbiff. Beef, potatoes, beer, spices.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That looks good as hell

Nooner posted:

post holes recipes

Thanks, recipe
800g - 1 kg beef
1 dark porter
0,5l beef broth
2-3 Onions
Flour
Potatoes
Butter

Spices:
Salt
Black pepper
White pepper
Allspice
Bay leaves
Cloves
Fresh thyme
Fresh parsley

Swedish video where its assembled, gives some idea how to put it together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0MVP_0KNF4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Electricity is very expensive ATM where I live, so I don't like to use the oven. Fortunately there are alternatives. Camera had trouble focusing.

Was 17C indoors when I woke up this morning, had our first snow too, but I got extra blankets so it's real comfy to sleep, worse when you get out of bed. Firewood was used up too so I had to go out and chop some, which warms you up all by itself, when I got back inside with a weeks worth it felt almost too warm. But it passes in a while so build fires, got it to 19.5C now.

Last night visited my parents, got cheese cake with bilberry jam (homemade jam from bilberries picked in the forest ofc)

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 6, 2022