Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't know what this means but thank you! I think. Hmm... doubtful.

The plates you eat your food off of look nice and are desirable to some people.

I do agree, they are nice plates. I am not, however, someone that can rattle off the names of plate designs. That's... Scrototurboturd? One hell of a username as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

DessertStorm posted:

Risotto!!!

I'd been traumatized by Gordon Ramsey into thinking it's a Very Difficult Meal (TM) but it's actually very simple cooking/ingredients. Onion, garlic, rice, white wine, chicken broth, parmesan. Pantry poo poo. Truly a bitch on the stirring arm though, helpful to have someone tag in after 20 minutes.

Creamy and worth the severe forearm pain (phrasing).

The secret to risotto is that you don't actually have to stir all that much, just enough so that you don't scorch the bottom. If you're really good, you can tell when you need to stir by the sound. You only need to stir like hell if you're doing a really, really old school recipe that's literally just rice and broth.