Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

something incredibly unappetizing looking, but tasty as heck.

had a bunch of leftover odds and ends from taco night, but not enough of any of them to do anything big with, so i raided the pantry for 2 boxes of mac and cheese and 2 cans of chili. made up the mac, threw in the chili, the last quarter of a jar of salsa, the last of a jar of queso dip, and the remainder of a bag of shredded cheese, and an onion i diced up. came out as a bowl of brown glop, but yum. was drat tasty, will be dinner the next 3 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

last day of homemade chicken parm with spaghetti in a blush sauce, and garlic bread. i thought i only had 2 more slices of garlic bread, turned out i had 4, but i only had one more piece of chicken, so toot toot, all aboard the delicious carb on carb train. it was so good. ive said it before and i'll say it again, aldi's red bag chicken has no right to be that good.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

does baking a dessert count? my houemate's been going through some rough times this month, so i baked him a cake as some small way to cheer him up, even a little. we have very little in the way of proper baking equipment, so i had to use a dutch oven to make the cake, but dang if it didn't come out nice and fluffy. sawed it in half, did a layer of chocolate icing and coconut, and put the top back on and coated the whole thing in more of the same. holy cow did it turn out ugly, but incredibly delicious.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

an absolutely killer breakfast sandwich. Toasted brioche bun, a spread for said bun made of just a little mayo and some honey bbq sauce. fried chicken patty (aldi red bag crew), a slice of melted cheddar, a couple strips of thick cut, peppered bacon, a nice crispy hash brown, and a fried egg. it was unbelievably good. everything was aldi store brand, and i cant recommend this combo enough. one of the best breakfast sandwiches ive ever had, if not the best.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

dinner again tonight, that same breakfast sammy i made yesterday, since i still have more of the stuff to use up. just as good again today as it was yesterday.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Lt. Cock posted:

I randomly bought a bento box at target a week ago. I’ve been trying to cook for dinner and to put the box together for lunch at work the next day. Here’s how tonight went. It’s a fun way to do meal prep and I’d recommend grabbing one.

Clockwise from the top left; rice with these little Szechuan hot dogs I find at the Asian market and a fried egg, kimchi, shiitake tofu and peanuts cooked with chili oil, and some mandu with stir fried vegetables (cabbage, carrot, green onion, chives, bamboo)

that looks great! asian food owns. have you discovered the wonder of black vinegar?

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Lt. Cock posted:

Oh yeah, you have no idea how deep I’m in. Pittsburgh has so many amazing Asian markets and I love making everything from scratch. Black vinegar goes into the chili oil I make at the very end with some soy sauce and sesame oil.

Also thank you!

hell yeah, of course my dude. i go through a lot of chili oil and black vinegar too. i love me some fried rice, usually with entirely too much chili oil. my nose running just means i made it right.

I know its not as nice as making the real thing but

These suckers from aldi are real, real good. i usually do them steamed instead of fried, i like soft dumplings instead of crispy ones. but the filling is very tasty. i usually dip them in a sauce i throw together, black vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, a few drops of fish sauce, lots of chili oil, and some garlic and ginger. they practically dont need sauce but i like making a nice spicy dip.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

a baffling pizza from aldi. stuffed crust, pepperoni, parmesan and cracked pepper. It...wasn't -bad- but it wasnt good either. the peppercorns just felt so out of place. i like pepper and all, but it just doesnt belong in that quantity on a pizza. i couldnt say "I outright hate this!" but every bite i had to think to myself "Am i getting used to the taste? Nope. Better try another slice."

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

seeing as its st. patricks day, i'm having the most irish of cuisine...chicken fried rice and bbq ribs from the local chinese place. making sketti later this week, very excited for that.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i had a good hoagie and some really horrendous onion rings from the local deli. the only saving grace was the cup of horseradish mayo they sent along to dip the rings in. they were really lousy though. hadn't ordered the rings before, won't ever again.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Ulillinguist posted:

It's difficult to make deep fried food really bad, but it happens. What a shame. Hopefully the hoagie was worth while.

There have been times when I was really looking to treat myself with some fried food and it was bad or the french fries were stale and starchy, and I remember thinking how disappointed I was. Sorry your rings were lousy. Maybe a hard drink or a dessert will make up for it.

I had some dim sum and broccoli leftovers. Now I'm drinking a THC/CBD drink.

well, there's 2 kinds of onion ring styles. there's the beer battered style where the coating is more smooth, and then there's the more crumb-y crust which has more of a fried chicken sorta texture. i find the smoother, beer-battered style to be better. these were that style, but the batter was really thin and they were WAY overcooked, so the onion inside the small amount of batter had all the moisture cooked out of it, so it was like a battered rubber band. Its hard to gently caress up fried food, but overcooking them is one way.

but yeah the hoagie was pretty good. an italian from a real deli is much harder to botch. I only got the onion rings because the hoagie alone wasn't enough to qualify for a delivery and i was having one of those days where i couldn't be bothered :v:

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

one of my new favorite easy dinners. chicken wraps. i get a bagged salad, usually a caesar salad kit, first day, 2 wraps, half the lettuce, + the cheese and dressing, with a few chicken strips in each wrap. day 2, the other half of the lettuce, and bbq sauce instead. then just a bunch of carrot sticks as an easy side. i'm all about easy meals these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Ooo that's a good idea. I get those bagged salads all the time but usually just the American Blend because they're 2 for $5 all the time.

I created this lovely dish years ago for weight loss/protein bomb. It looks absolutely awful but I like all of the ingredients so I have it from time to time. In fact I have 2 bags of salad in my fridge that was supposed to use for this but haven't yet because I'm lazy.

Half a bag of salad
Light balsamic vinaigrette
1 pouch of tuna, usually lemon pepper
1/2-1 cup of cottage cheese
Seasoned salt

It is not very photogenic.

The plan is tacos tonight. American style.

something about throwing the chicken caesar into a tortilla makes it so much more enjoyable