Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Fully vaxxed and were kid-free for a few hours so the missus and I went out to a pub for dinner. I was really hungry from not really eating anything else so I ordered the prime rib. Ordered it medium rare but it was delivered to me uh, let’s say pretty close to well done. Normally I’d politely say something but I was in too much of a good mood to really be bothered by it and too hungry to wait for another one. I just gave the bites a good dunk in au jus and rolled with it. Despite being overdone it was still pretty tasty and the baked potato was really good with salty crispy skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Re martini chat. Years ago I went to a dive bar with a few friends and one of them ordered a dirty martini. You know how cocktail olives are supposed to be in brine? This place had a jar of olives in oil. So the bartender gives my friend this glass with a big globby oil slick floating on top of well vodka and old vermouth.

Martinis should be impossible to gently caress up, but man, people still find a way.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ElectricSheep posted:

I did a recipe from the Bob's Burgers cookbook (A Good Manchego is Hard to Find) in bulk cause my gf had her friends over to our place for the first time since everyone's all vaxxed up.

The meat itself I did Ina Garten style, kosher salt and fresh crushed peppercorns with ground mustard powder mixed right into the meat, patties in the freezer for 15 minutes, then right into a cast iron skillet.

Melted manchego over the burgs, topped them with shallots I caramelized low and slow in butter for like 20 minutes, arugula, and fig jam.

now I gotta cook for the group more often lol

Can I come over for dinner?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, garlic bread

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Classic.

I made this on April 6th apparently due to this picture title. It's so dead simple but I never do it. Pasta has so many calories for so little satiety so I never make it. It's good though.

It’s one of the few meals our kid will eat with us without further manipulation (he’s autistic and has a lot of sensory/texture issues with food) so it’s in regular rotation at our house.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

20 Blunts posted:

looks nice. checked out your recipe. i see you put the chicken in at the end, and so it cooks up in the sauce then?

i like to make big chicken & lentil stews in the style of "curry" and i always debate with myself how to incorporate the meat.

like should i get the chicken good and brown, then set it aside, build up the curry and then throw the chicken back in as the lentils cook?

or should I blast the chicken so it browns right away in the pan, turn the heat down a bit, incorporate my onion/garlic/ginger/spices in the chicken juices, then build up the sauce and simmer everything?

I do the former. Move the meat to a plate after browning, build up the curry/stew/whatever, then toss the meat back in along with the juices that accumulated on the plate while it was resting.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Veggie, cheese, and meat plate with cucumber, carrots, orange bell pepper, peapods, aged sharp cheddar, salami, roasted garlic hummus for dippin, and these crackers which are expensive as gently caress but they taste good

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I should take more pics of my cooking.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ve been seeing tritip at my grocery store recently but I know nothing about it. Is it something you can slap some S&P on and throw on the grill, or is it more of a London broil type cut where it needs to be marinated ?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nachos that I make with those Tostitos Scoops, or as my kid calls em “Tiny Tacos”. The scoop shape allows for perfect distribution of toppings although they are tedious as hell to make. Kept it simple tonight with seasoned beef, sliced jalapeños, shredded cheese, and some fresh cilantro. Pico de Gallo and sour cream on the side to add per preference.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gonna attempt a corned beef and cabbage in the Instant Pot tonight. I've only used that thing maybe once despite how useful it could be.

Look up cooking settings online. Instant Pot really has a learning curve. If it’s a big chunk of meat I suggest cutting into halves or quarters.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dinner tonight was grilled chicken kabobs with roasted fingerling potatoes and spinach salad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bird with big dick posted:

My gf made a bimbobop

That looks fantastic

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hasn’t arrived yet but ordered a bunch of pizzas from the brick oven place I was shilling for in the lunch thread

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Well-marinated London broil grilled medium rare and sliced paper thin, grilled asparagus, romaine salad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Chicken curry katsu and a croquette

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Caesar salads with grilled chicken, grated parm, crumbled bacon, and of course, lots of freshly ground black pepper.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Kid got his first Pfizer shot so we celebrated with his favorite pizza, pepperoni from the brick oven place.

The adults got a margherita style to share.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bird with big dick posted:

I made two pizza doughs and theyre chilling in the fridge and I'm going to make them into pizzas

How do I take the butter challenge?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I'm making a sweet potato, normandy blend veggies, and halibut. I don't ever have sweet potatoes so I don't know how I'll dress it. Probably just some smart balance margarine or butter or whatever it is.

I like butter and a dash of cinnamon on a baked sweet tater.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Three enchiladas, one beef, one chicken, one cheese, rice and beans, 2x Pacificos. Feel like I’m gonna BURST!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Torquemada posted:

Chicken and dumplings

:eyepop:

That’s looks freakin amazing!

I had reheated BK

:(

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

what kind of stuff from BK and reheated in what manner? i had a leftover whopper w/ cheese a while back and it ended up.. an edible source of nutrients

Nana brought our kid BK for lunch yesterday and got doubles of everything. He said he didn’t want the leftovers so I put the onion rings in the air fryer and nuked the burger real quick. The rings were good…the burger not so much. We spent like 10 hours doing yard work and gardening today so I just wanted food in my mouth with the least amount of effort.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Burgers on the grill, tossed salad, and Cajun fries

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
BBQ from a local joint. Pulled pork and ribs combo, baked beans, corn bread.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Peruvian bitches

Like, their asses?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Chicken vindaloo, naan.

Now enjoying a nice doppelbock.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wings from Wingstop. Lem pep, gar parm, Lou rub

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah I’ve done em that way before but this time I was heading home from a friend’s place across the state and just had the gf place the order for me to pickup on the way home.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sausage and kale brick oven pizza from my favorite local place and beers from one of my favorite breweries

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

nexous posted:

Made stir fry cause I had a bunch of extra bok choi.

Was pretty good.

I forgot to put the bok choi in

I like going to the Asian market and buying like a ton of bok choi and then you’re like poo poo what am I gonna do with all this bok choi and then you have a whole week of eating dumplings and bok choi

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tossed some chicken thighs and veggies with seasoning and a little oil and threw it all on a sheet pan and baked at 400 till it was done. Easy and tasty.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Long day so just sautéed chicken over a packaged Caesar salad kit.

Anybody else notice how skimpy the bagged kits are with the lettuce lately?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Broke my smoking cherry and smoked a pork butt. Came out good but a little dry. Cholula Mac n cheese and lightly buttered peas as sides.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pepperoni pizza from a local joint

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Last night was tortellini tossed with grilled chicken and homemade pesto made with fresh basil from the garden

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Might have some rear end for dinner tonight

Suburban Wife finally get off the phone ?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just had burgs on the grill

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Waiting on a pork shoulder that I put on the smoker way too late in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Burgs on the grill