Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Valko posted:

You can't get pizza like that here but it was Wednesday 2 for 1 deal so my sister and I got this:

Left: Chicken, pepperoni, onions, black pepper and chilli sauce.

Right: Pepperoni, jalapenos and chilli sauce.

I'm so confused by these pizzas.

The chili sauce looks like a condiment lightly sprinkled on top. Is it just toppings on baked bread without marinara sauce or cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Valko posted:

Tomato sauce first, then cheese. Then toppings and chilli sauce on top. Then it goes through the oven. No pizzeria here yet has come up with the idea of putting cheese on top of the toppings for whatever reason. There was an Indian takeaway in town that added the cheese last and were sensible with the amount of toppings. They did a great chicken tikka masala pizza with tikka sauce instead of marinara. I miss that place.

Okay, I see. The cheese and sauce eluded my eyes. Sounds like some great pizza.

I've never had Indian pizza, but I would definitely try it. I already use naan to scoop the curry in my mouth anyway, it isn't that far of a stretch.

All this pizza talk had me really wanting to order something, but I ordered pizza last weekend as a treat and it was a little pricey. One medium and one small pizza, plus a brownie, was $47 for delivery after tip. That seems normal now, but I think it was at least ten bucks cheaper prior to COVID.

I had to use up the veggies in my fridge before they spoiled anyway, so it was Chinese stir fry for me, which has been my go-to dinner for like 2 months now.

Purple sweet potato, carrots, broccoli, tofu, peanuts, sesame seeds, with vegan oyster sauce and soy sauce mixed on top.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 16, 2024

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Lt. Cock posted:

I randomly bought a bento box at target a week ago. I’ve been trying to cook for dinner and to put the box together for lunch at work the next day. Here’s how tonight went. It’s a fun way to do meal prep and I’d recommend grabbing one.

That's a great idea, it looks like it's got a bit of everything.

I should definitely get into meal prepping again, such a time and money saver.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

oxyrosis posted:

We had a friend come over and cook us his best Japanese foods.

Pan fried gyoza
yellowtail collar
Tofu udon with shitake and red pepper

This looks amazing! What a feast.

Heaven is other people cooking homemade dinners from scratch.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh poo poo it turned out and I cleaned up!

:peanut:

That home baked bread looks so wholesome and good! Good job

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i made pizza for the first time in like a month

What do you use for crust?

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i make two 16" pizzas instead of splitting it into 4 balls tho. i think getting the stone and oven to the right temperature is ultimately more important than what dough recipe you use, but this is my favorite of the ones I've tried

Thanks!

With take out prices rising, I've been experimenting with homemade pizzas, but haven't tried making my own crust from scratch yet.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Aishlinn posted:

i had a good hoagie and some really horrendous onion rings from the local deli. the only saving grace was the cup of horseradish mayo they sent along to dip the rings in. they were really lousy though. hadn't ordered the rings before, won't ever again.

It's difficult to make deep fried food really bad, but it happens. What a shame. Hopefully the hoagie was worth while.

There have been times when I was really looking to treat myself with some fried food and it was bad or the french fries were stale and starchy, and I remember thinking how disappointed I was. Sorry your rings were lousy. Maybe a hard drink or a dessert will make up for it.

I had some dim sum and broccoli leftovers. Now I'm drinking a THC/CBD drink.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

I needed something really easy on my stomach, so it was rice and steamed veggies with dumpling sauce on the side.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My mom took me to a nice supper club for my birthday and I got the filet mignon oscar, twice baked potato, ceasar salad, and some sort of creamy chicken florentine soup.

Phenomenal.

Happy birthday! :toot: 🎂 🥳

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

I'm house sitting at my parents place and I bought some pre-grilled veggies, fresh corn on the cob, and Impossible brats at the grocery store.

I intended to grill the vegan brat and corn on the grill, but there was no propane in the tank and I wasn't going to make a special trip for one dinner. So I heated everything up inside (set the smoke alarm off) and then ate in the gorgeous 64° weather. Felt like the perfect summer evening.

Then I went for a long walk in the neighborhood I grew up in.

(I recommend the Impossible Italian sausage brats.)