Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Created some killer lamb shanks in the slow cooker. Made the wine/tomatoes/stock cooking liquid into a sauce after I got the shanks out to have a break while I "boiled the poo poo out of it" Ramsey style. Pretty spectaxx with some oven roasted jerusalem artichokes and potatoes in duck fat. Holy snapping duckshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Made a slow cooked turkey bolognaise last night. Thought I hosed it up as I grabbed the wrong jar and threw a shake of Chinese 5 spice instead of chili flakes in there, but went in with the chili flakes anyway and tonight – it was bloody great!

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Avocados have been stupid cheap here all summer, so I'm getting 2 every few days and just making batch after batch of guac. Some are outright abominations, most are pretty righteous. It's like the goat of the larder that helps me keep the coriander and other things that might die in the crisper/herb patch turning over and well used.
Found these amazing tortillas – 2 ingredients: corn and salt.
https://imgur.com/a/w4mP7GG

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
My wife rarely cooks as I'm a pushy bitch and get in the kitchen first, but she got in at lunchtime and made a big batch of Osso Buco.
With gremolata, cauliflower mash and buttered broccolini, it was loving LIT. I'm getting out the way more often, I forget these simple recipes that punch above.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Finally turning Autumnal down the bottom of the world here so I cracked out the remaining frozen bones of the ham we had last Xmas for split pea and ham soup – bloody bonza!
But it looks like puke so no pictures, y'know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

pro starcraft loser posted:

I recognize that thing. They used to have a seafood stuffed one that was sooooooo good but I haven't seen one in forever.

I like the cheese on cheese on cheese action, gives me hope now I've laid off the booze