Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Mapo tofu. Starting to wonder if restaurants use a red food dye because I can never get it so hyper red as them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Made tteokbokki tonight for the second time. It’s so good and so easy to put together.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
My coworker filled the work freezer with free deer meat because his brother is a hunter. First time I've ever been able to work with venison at home and it's wonderful. Reminds me a lot of lamb. Made a really nice rustic stew using one of the steaks.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
House-made chips always seem to give me heartburn

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I moved into a 400 square foot apartment last month and just christened it by making kimchi. It mercifully finished its counter top fermentation last night and is now safely stinking up the fridge. Turned out great and I have been eating it alongside everything.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I randomly bought a bento box at target a week ago. I’ve been trying to cook for dinner and to put the box together for lunch at work the next day. Here’s how tonight went. It’s a fun way to do meal prep and I’d recommend grabbing one.

Clockwise from the top left; rice with these little Szechuan hot dogs I find at the Asian market and a fried egg, kimchi, shiitake tofu and peanuts cooked with chili oil, and some mandu with stir fried vegetables (cabbage, carrot, green onion, chives, bamboo)

Lt. Cock fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 16, 2024

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Aishlinn posted:

that looks great! asian food owns. have you discovered the wonder of black vinegar?

Oh yeah, you have no idea how deep I’m in. Pittsburgh has so many amazing Asian markets and I love making everything from scratch. Black vinegar goes into the chili oil I make at the very end with some soy sauce and sesame oil.

Also thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Aishlinn posted:

a baffling pizza from aldi. stuffed crust, pepperoni, parmesan and cracked pepper. It...wasn't -bad- but it wasnt good either. the peppercorns just felt so out of place. i like pepper and all, but it just doesnt belong in that quantity on a pizza. i couldnt say "I outright hate this!" but every bite i had to think to myself "Am i getting used to the taste? Nope. Better try another slice."

I had this exact same pizza and yeah it's FINE bordering on bad. Aldi likes to roll the dice on cheap frozen pizzas and I appreciate that, even if I don't always enjoy them.

Those Aldi bagel bites tho. I gently caress those up with some ranch and hot sauce like a garbage person any time I'm feeling lazy.