Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don’t know how something like Gen z hospital survived a table read

Elon is how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Literally the only good bit from last night's episode was Ego Nwodim as the 'Disneyland Mom' on Weekend Update. The 'Durder Murder' pre-recorded sketch was pretty good but it got ruined right when Musk showed up at the end.

I didn't think I could hate Musk more than I did already but there it is.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
This Zoomer Hospital sketch is incredible anti-comedy

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mister Speaker posted:

Literally the only good bit from last night's episode was Ego Nwodim as the 'Disneyland Mom' on Weekend Update. The 'Durder Murder' pre-recorded sketch was pretty good but it got ruined right when Musk showed up at the end.

I didn't think I could hate Musk more than I did already but there it is.

I will fight to the death for Luigi erection.

Also the fact that Elon was Wario, a character portrayed as obsessed with gaining wealth over everything else.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

General Dog posted:

This Zoomer Hospital sketch is incredible anti-comedy

it was almost cringeworthy to the point of it being funny if it was on purpose

almost

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I really liked the cold open.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Dan Akroyd was actually the first person with asperger's to host. He was diagnosed way back in the 80s.

It's a shame that for all the talk leading up to it Aidy was the only one to stick to her guns and refused to play opposite Musk.

Vvvvv Maybe Gen Z Hospital was his, and just happened to be his 'oh poo poo, I've got nothing' Monday morning pitch that backfired because Musk loved it?

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 10, 2021

pwn
May 27, 2004

She could well be leaving at the end of the season and if not she is basically tenured. Redd and especially Dismukes would like to still have the option to renew this Summer.

Yang has immunity so idk why he gave in.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I missed Grimes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Maybe Gen Z Hospital was his, and just happened to be his 'oh poo poo, I've got nothing' Monday morning pitch that backfired because Musk loved it?
I typically watch most of the show on YouTube so I was shocked that Gen Z hospital wasn't the 10-to-1.

Musk made it particularly bad, but it really only had 20 seconds of ideas stretched out for 4 minutes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sivart13 posted:

I typically watch most of the show on YouTube so I was shocked that Gen Z hospital wasn't the 10-to-1.

Musk made it particularly bad, but it really only had 20 seconds of ideas stretched out for 4 minutes.

Yeah, I watched it live, and I thought the same thing. "How is this not the last sketch of the night? Oh god, they've got nothing."

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
The actual 12:55 sketch, Elon Musk but as a cowboy, was also pretty bad. Like you could tell that earlier iterations of it were probably more critical of musk, but he was too thin-skinned to handle being roasted, so the final result was something that came across as fawning over him.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I actually thought the 12:55 was one of the better sketches since it was just outlandish enough, and also the joke about the self driving horse just being a horse was pretty funny.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Gen Z hospital was like one of the TGS skits you'd see in the background in a 30 Rock episode.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

carticket posted:

I actually thought the 12:55 was one of the better sketches since it was just outlandish enough, and also the joke about the self driving horse just being a horse was pretty funny.
I agree, and the contrast of Elon's acting/personality with all the other cast members who were doing their big time cowboy voices made it work for me.

In contrast to Gen Z Hospital where absolutely everyone was doing a bad job with a bad script.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I work with a ton of Gen-Zers so when Elon aid “that’s cap” or whatever about the mom living I actually lost it but otherwise it was atrocious.

pwn
May 27, 2004

They did a similarly tone deaf Millennials sketch 6 or 7 years ago but they appear to have scrubbed that one off the internet. That, or I’m not using the right search terms.

I feel like it was with Miley Cyrus, too.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

pwn posted:

They did a similarly tone deaf Millennials sketch 6 or 7 years ago but they appear to have scrubbed that one off the internet. That, or I’m not using the right search terms.

I feel like it was with Miley Cyrus, too.

What will the national lampoon come up with next

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

My wife liked the Chad mars skit (but said Musk sucked in it), and then showed me the Chad RuPaul skit.

It was striking the performance difference from someone with talent playing it straight and something with absolutely no charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent playing it straight .

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
No reason. No reason at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D1paXvQae8

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Well, Mulaney is divorcing his wife. There goes half his material.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
He can’t be ‘playfully anti-Semitic’ any more I guess.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I always learn something new, and there's always animal noises.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

The_Doctor posted:

He can’t be ‘playfully anti-Semitic’ any more I guess.

Lol people really just say stuff

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Thundercracker posted:

Well, Mulaney is divorcing his wife. There goes half his material.

yea but think of all the new matieral he's gonna have to work with

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
From the sounds of it, the divorce wasn't mutually decided, and she's been pretty broken up about the whole thing. :(

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
"So the priest asks, till death do you part? And I say I do. Y'know, like a *liar*."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

From the sounds of it, the divorce wasn't mutually decided, and she's been pretty broken up about the whole thing. :(

Yeah, apparently didn't even wait for the papers to be signed before his management agency started leaking to all the gossip rags that he's dating Olivia Munn.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvz-iv0y5uU

Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9ACmZ91PY

Keegan-Michael Key (sketch comedy) hosts tonight, with Olivia Rodrigo (music). She will perform “Driver’s License” and “Good 4 U”. It will be following last week’s show so it will be a classic by comparison

And tonight is the Vintage S7 finale: Phoebe Waller-Bridge with Taylor Swift. Yay?

I hope you enjoy watching tonight’s show while commenting about it online. G*d bless.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hockey likely going into overtime.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Lorne Michaels is a Republican. :godwin:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Guess who is going to get vaccinated on Tuesday!

He has poo poo around his lips.

I don't know the musical guest.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 16, 2021

pwn
May 27, 2004

Not gonna have dead air tonight
Gonna seem as if we care toniiiight

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yo, Keenan!

I mean Keegan.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

two dorks who bang!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Michael Jordan gives your feet blisters by just attempting to play with him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Heidi looks exactly like that guy

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Holy poo poo Keegan got Keenan to crack!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Kromer the Fog needs a good Tomi Lomlin first and foremost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can’t believe when they book a guy with years of experience in sketch comedy it’s suddenly funny again. Must be a fluke and best book more businessmen with no personality to set things straight.