Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

baw posted:

of course we go with the vegan society's definition which includes the phrase "as far as is possible and practicable," but if you call yourself a leftist and you're not a vegan you're a massive shitocrite who only selectively cares about the suffering of both human and non-human animals

Do you have friends? Are you like this in real life too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Zokari posted:

so anyway wrt to my raw meat diet, i've been doing it for about a month and have been recently suffering a number of serious medical issues

would someone please explain to me what im doing wrong

Eat at least six eggs a day, I gurantee you'll be free of all problems within a year at most

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dustcat posted:

people who become better persons so they can jack themselves off about it have still become better persons

if you have a big ego about personal choices and feel the need to brag it's probably because you know deep down that you're as much of a fucker as everyone else

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
I thought the thread title said "Norwegian leftists are a joke"

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
Now I'm curious about Norway's political parties

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Yossarian-22 posted:

if you have a big ego about personal choices and feel the need to brag it's probably because you know deep down that you're as much of a fucker as everyone else

yeah but meanwhile they've at least reduced their water and carbon footprint and caused less animal suffering

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Someone close this stupid thread and make it so that Baw can only post in the greenwald thread.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
daVeganPoacher94

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
We shouldn't make any attempt to ensure that our political comrades are making good personal choices because that would be fascism. Leftism is about equality. And everyone should be equally free to make whatever choices they want, no matter how harmful

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Greg Legg posted:

Someone close this stupid thread and make it so that Baw can only post in the greenwald thread.

god no

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

mark immune posted:

daVeganPoacher94

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dustcat posted:

yeah but meanwhile they've at least reduced their water and carbon footprint and caused less animal suffering

sure but "personal choices" is also convenient safety valve for capitalism. if you don't like animal abuse just don't participate, your consumer choices define who you are, etc.

even the abolitionists of old like william lloyd garrison and frederick douglass complained about the new england highminded liberals whose sole contribution to anti-slavery was not buying cotton because they deluded themselves into thinking their non-actions were actually meaningful. unless you're wanted by the fbi your veganism probably doesn't mean poo poo

being vegan/environmentalist is cool and good and all but it's the tip of the iceberg and the superiority complex/economic status of the participants just ensures that things will remain the way they are

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you own a pet, you just might be a slaver

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
vegans claim to care about other living things, but still enslave their gut flora to process food for them... curious...

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I can't wait for this thread to go down the "if you eat meat why are you against bestiality? :smuggo:" rabbit hole that one is always funny

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
interesting but have you considered Jeff Bezos' incandescing skull, and if not, why not?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Zokari posted:

so anyway wrt to my raw meat diet, i've been doing it for about a month and have been recently suffering a number of serious medical issues

would someone please explain to me what im doing wrong

take benzos, debate zizek

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

baw posted:

i see this thread is a roaring success, so i'm gonna check out for a bit and see how things are going later on

gas

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

vegans claim to care about other living things, but still enslave their gut flora to process food for them... curious...

we must liberate those who are chained inside of us

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yossarian-22 posted:

sure but "personal choices" is also convenient safety valve for capitalism. if you don't like animal abuse just don't participate, your consumer choices define who you are, etc.

even the abolitionists of old like william lloyd garrison and frederick douglass complained about the new england highminded liberals whose sole contribution to anti-slavery was not buying cotton because they deluded themselves into thinking their non-actions were actually meaningful. unless you're wanted by the fbi your veganism probably doesn't mean poo poo

being vegan/environmentalist is cool and good and all but it's the tip of the iceberg and the superiority complex/economic status of the participants just ensures that things will remain the way they are

this is why the ELF were based

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

pre-op bebop posted:

Now I'm curious about Norway's political parties

nazis, and different kind of nazis

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i don't care.

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

Yossarian-22 posted:

, just because capitalism is effective at hijacking people's ethical decisions and transforming them into an opportunity to either sell products or create a "safety valve" does not diminish the ethical considerations and emacipatory value of those choices.
Like, idpol is obviously a tool used by capital to distract systemic problems, but it doesn't mean we should start calling people slurs because that's what capital DOESN'T want us to do.
Youre argument is so loving stupid. We should pressure our comrades to make good personal decisions. How is this even a question worth arguing over.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

I can't wait for this thread to go down the "if you eat meat why are you against bestiality? :smuggo:" rabbit hole that one is always funny

it's funny bc it's unanswerable

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

op claims to be a vegan and yet posts on these forums, curious :thunk:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if your a vegan and not an ecoterrorist your a joke tbh

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

this is why the ELF were based

I'm still in awe that Greenpeace managed to gently caress up the Nazca Lines that badly

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm fine with a vegan feeling morally superior to me about their dietary choices, they'd be as objectively correct as it's possible to be about a moral issue

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kindest Forums User posted:

, just because capitalism is effective at hijacking people's ethical decisions and transforming them into an opportunity to either sell products or create a "safety valve" does not diminish the ethical considerations and emacipatory value of those choices.
Like, idpol is obviously a tool used by capital to distract systemic problems, but it doesn't mean we should start calling people slurs because that's what capital DOESN'T want us to do.
Youre argument is so loving stupid. We should pressure our comrades to make good personal decisions. How is this even a question worth arguing over.

just lol in general

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

I'm still in awe that Greenpeace managed to gently caress up the Nazca Lines that badly

an L visible from space

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually I don't think not wanting to participate in liberal classism is the same as being racist you loving moron. i also think that it doesn't matter if anyone is a vegan or not. i especially think the idea of asking presumably poorer comrades to give up one of the few luxuries they can actually afford in the name of making some idiot gringo feel better is, itself, incredibly hosed up and racist and you should feel bad for equating it to doing politics.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

actually I don't think not wanting to participate in liberal classism is the same as being racist you loving moron. i also think that it doesn't matter if anyone is a vegan or not. i especially think the idea of asking presumably poorer comrades to give up one of the few luxuries they can actually afford in the name of making some idiot gringo feel better is, itself, incredibly hosed up and racist and you should feel bad for equating it to doing politics.

you can just say "no, i prefer to still eat meat" you don't have to get incredibly mad about it

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

it hasn't occurred to some people that based under the system we live in, some moral arguments completely crumble to dust in the context of how society continues to uplift and support the very creations that are destroying us

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

If people want to be vegan or not that’s cool, but speaking as someone who used to work on wage recovery lawsuits in industrial agriculture I can honestly say factory farms and meat processors are absolutely reprehensible from a labor perspective. We’re talking wage theft, suppressing workplace injuries, neglecting worker safety, anti union activities, the whole gamut. If you’re one of those people who doesn’t buy from amazon or whatever because of worker solidarity but happily munch down a plate of Tyson brand chicken nuggets you should seriously reconsider your perspective.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Victory Position posted:

it hasn't occurred to some people that based under the system we live in, some moral arguments completely crumble to dust in the context of how society continues to uplift and support the very creations that are destroying us

kinda like poaching, perhaps

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
political posturing based on consumption has the logical conclusion of becoming a shrieking batshit insane anprim and there's no moral difference between scolding people or communities for consuming factory meat than powering their homes with coal or gas fired electricity, you've done a fifth of the work living up to your ideology and have already started an obnoxious victory lap

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I keep telling people to instead eat the rich but they don't listen

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Equating abstaining from industrial meat production to liberal classism is the most retarded thing I've heard.

Yeah, like, of course I'm not going to scold some poor person from eating meat. Like how loving stupid are you? But maybe it should be a goal for leftists to stop poo poo like pig farms and chopping up the amazon rain forest in the name of hamburgers.

If you can tell me a way that global communism will be able to feed 9 billion mouths an American diet I'd love to hear it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
bold thread from the man who loves elephant poaching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

life sucks and it will forever. stop trying to make it worse by complaining about what people eat