Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

74 million autoplays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bushisms.txt posted:

Army is a top 10 all time viewed Netflix movie lol

That must mean McDonald's makes the best hamburgers in the world.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

GORDON posted:

That must mean McDonald's makes the best hamburgers in the world.

What are you even trying to say? That people don't like McDonald's?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Not sure I can handle off brand Judakel posting here

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Not sure, maybe he got of well with Zack, maybe Zack felt he was too busy to do it himself

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

How could anyone like Zack Snyder's movies?! Netflix numbers are skewed and unreliable, pay no attention to them. Everyone hates Snyder, trust me bro. If you like him you're a nazi, so stfu and touch grass or whatever. BRAIN WORMS!!!!

:downsbravo:

I'm having a meltdown.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Army of the Dead rules but I have no desire to see it become a cinematic universe.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's an odd decision to have a Zombies Cinematic Universe, and a prequel about a guy who died in Army is a bit of a, heh, gamble

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

McCloud posted:

Not sure, maybe he got of well with Zack, maybe Zack felt he was too busy to do it himself

He's already a director in his own right, so he probably pitched it to Zack who loves everything and then when Netflix was begging Zack for his wishlist to keep him with them, he mentioned this. Same reason we're getting an anime of this. Plus, it's not like the movie ends finitely.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mantis42 posted:

Army of the Dead rules but I have no desire to see it become a cinematic universe.
It was a pre-existing Netflix project that Netflix already wanted to turn into a cinematic universe for some reason, Snyder signed on to it late.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

The United States posted:

It was a pre-existing Netflix project that Netflix already wanted to turn into a cinematic universe for some reason, Snyder signed on to it late.

The one time you could've used a direct link, because as far as we know, this was originally a Zack project for wb that they passed on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_the_Dead

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 25, 2021

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

There is literally no evidence, Snyder repeatedly said that he had this idea around the time of his filming 300 and in fact had a script commissioned back in 2009. The script = which he didn't write - had zombie rape in it, which was used to drag Snyder by the usual gang of idiots around the time that Army was released - the idea that he wanted to make a zombo rape flick.

See the thing about not hating Zack Snyder is you see all sorts of wild accusations about him constantly and when you actually spend 20 seconds to Google them you find out they're 99% weird nerd fantasy. The worst thing about the dude is that he's shown every indication of being a center-right lib, politically.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Mantis42 posted:

That's understandable, it's clearly no Bird Box.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This guy loving sucks why does everyone keep posting him. He thinks every movie not by Zack Snyder is a competition and personal insult to Zack Snyder

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1452743316756320256?t=0tvdYBE0QycXW49FCEt0-A&s=19

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This guy loving sucks why does everyone keep posting him. He thinks every movie not by Zack Snyder is a competition and personal insult to Zack Snyder
https://twitter.com/JiLexandr/status/1452100570588667908

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think he made funny tweets

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

He's an excellent shitposter that people take way too seriously

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Wes Anderson / Zack Snyder connection is confirmed. We're through the looking glass, people...

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

to be fair, the futura font family kicks rear end

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Sure, it's a pleasant typeface with a nearly 100-year history. No disrespect for Futura.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xealot posted:

Sure, it's a pleasant typeface with a nearly 100-year history. No disrespect for Futura.

More like Pastara

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

to be fair, the futura font family kicks rear end

Thank god, these directors are sticking with Futura Medium. I'm sure Futura Hard would completely kick my rear end.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The Futura has taken root in the present

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Why is he the director now

He broke into the safe and stole the script

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1452998952324718592?s=20

First review is already up it seems

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

lol that headline

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
Will Heist Thrills Spilled by Zombie Chills Fulfil the Snyder-pilled to the Gills or be Killed by Ill Will and Paid Shills?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Shanty posted:

Will Heist Thrills Spilled by Zombie Chills Fulfil the Snyder-pilled to the Gills or be Killed by Ill Will and Paid Shills?

:golfclap:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The guy on the right looks like a Hugh Jackman clone :allears:

Shanty posted:

I read this to the beat of the current song I'm listening to. Dope bars.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Huh, that's Guz Khan on the left. He's a local lad and quite funny. I wonder if they made him stick to the script or gave him free reign.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Lol, how did he fit this in around Taskmaster?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Shanty posted:

Blood Boils posted:

He broke into the safe and stole the script

Dang. This thread puts in work. Like Snyder and everyone in his cast.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Huh, that's Guz Khan on the left. He's a local lad and quite funny. I wonder if they made him stick to the script or gave him free reign.

I thought he looked familiar. I think I've seen him in a few of the British comedy chat shows.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/SnyderNetflix/status/1453314987083055107?s=20

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's so good in Borderline - I wish there was more seasons.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zack Snyder does World War Z?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

teagone posted:

Zack Snyder does World War Z?

It's David wellington's monster planet, after monster Island which was what army adapted, and they're skipping monster nation. Really great series, everything he does is, now i need his vampire hunter series.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

bushisms.txt posted:

It's David wellington's monster planet, after monster Island which was what army adapted, and they're skipping monster nation. Really great series, everything he does is, now i need his vampire hunter series.

Oh dope, didn't know that! Nice.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Early reception of the film seems to be very good amongst the fans, at least. Although that's kind of a given.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Army Of Thieves is CONFIRMED for extremely good.

There's the expected Snyder influence, but it plays out more like a less-hyperactive Edgar Wright movie.