Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I liked the billboard advertising Larry Fong as a magician. At least I think I read that right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The idea that this movie didn't justify a horse moving too fast is very lame. There is not a single moment of AotD that relies on realism... right from the start they're being absurdly loose with their planning, absolutely no one is taking any of the threats completely seriously at any point, and it's constantly being compared to mythology and opera and stuff.

Honestly the movie reminded me of Sucker Punch by way of Stalker or something. Vegas seemed very much like a blatantly not-real dream zone where people go to face their demons, and, shocker, Van basically calls that out explicitly.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Zeus cannot possibly be a fascist, for the same reasons that Luke Skywalker cannot possibly be a desklamp.
I dunno, I heard Luke is some kind of luminous being...

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Shageletic posted:

[Spider-Man with a gun]
"My spidey-trigger-finger is tingling..."