Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I found the neck-snap viscerally unpleasant in a number of different ways. It's comical in its timing, its a really nasty death to give someone at the end of a really emotional moment, the way her clavical just pops out is horrific and also funny. I just feel very confused and distressed by the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

The problem is that the film wants to benefit from making you think "hey, maybe there's something to the time loop", but it doesn't do enough to reward that line of thought. Like a lot of potentially neat ideas in the movie it's just sort of placed there.

I know a lot of handwaving is being done because this is a zombie movie with wacky sci-fi elements but I think it's fine to want and expect more, regardless of genre. Mining these ideas would make the movie even more fun, not less.

Does it actually want you to think there's something to the timeloop theory? My takeaway from that scene was "Van is loving with the new kid" not "Van might have a point here". I thought it was a fun joke.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

massive spider posted:

I really liked in MoS that the kryptonian speed isn’t the super neat, sort everything out without ruffling a hair kind of super speed. Any time they use it they look like missiles. MoS makes supermans powers feel potentially dangerous. Which I guess is part of the reason people ‘not my superman’ it.

It's also got a neat comic-book feel to it, like they're zipping around between panels. And like these people are still getting used to the full extent of what they can do.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

2house2fly posted:

If you give the zombies someone they don't bother you, that truce is presumably a law which Zeus enforces. What if one zombie decided to attack the humans while that truce was in effect?

All the other zombies would call that zombie a dick, and they wouldn't get to hang out with the cool kids any more.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Army of Thieves is kind of generic - it's a slick, silly heist movie. But it's really well done and the cast are charismatic as hell.