Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I missed the robots when was it and were they cool?

Also what the gently caress there were four movies worth of weird in the background and none of it got developed.

Blue alien glow baby
Robots?
THEIR OWN BODIES
Blue mist for brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Thanks! Just rewatched those scenes and that was fun! It adds to the sense that there's a lot more going on. I read that there's a flying UFO too?

One nonspoiler thing I did catch was the laser they were using (I guess?) to focus the action shots. People thought it was a dead pixel but it moves with the action, and you can see it jiggle.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm pretty sure that Dieter is still alive, given that the two other prominent off-screen deaths were fakeouts. Maybe the helicopter mom, too.

This was a lot of fun, the more I think about it.

E: heck yes

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Normally I can't stomach Zach Snyder but this didn't take itself seriously enough for me to hate and it was pretty loving awesome fun.

I'd probably fly a helicopter at the speed of a horse if it had just exploded and caught fire twice and there was nowhere safe to land.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

fart simpson posted:

why are you guys so sensitive about someone not liking your favorite director

This is needlessly inflammatory, and I say that as someone who's taken the bait every single time they derail a thread by pretending he's made a good Superman movie.

E: This movie was great. It was fun, bright, and had good action and actors. I'd personally love to see ZS go harder in this direction because it means more movies for me to enjoy, and it felt way more accessible than his other work.

moths fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 22, 2021

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm not falling for it this time.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Goddamnit, I really liked this movie let's not make it weird

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

"Any scriptwriter worth their salt" proclaims some rando poster who I personally guarantee does not work as a script writer, does not know any script writers, and is not in any industry adjacent to the movies.

This is extremely flawed reasoning. You don't need culinary credentials to tell your steak's burnt, why is that somehow applicable here?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

AccountSupervisor posted:

Guzman does fire one shot but very hesitantly and carefully so it seemed like they were afraid shed get shot as well? That part is a bit unclear as to how many zombies were inbetween them and her to make it seem like a lost cause.

This was a missed opportunity to showcase Bautista's self-doubt, the streamer's overconfidence, or Dieter's naivete by having one of them try (and fail) to help - causing the same results.

What we actually got didn't line up with any of the characterization (except for Dieter). Especially so close to the film's opening, where we just saw everyone else leaping into action and accomplishing heroic badass rescues.

I know someone will argue that was a deliberate choice, and I'm not trying to poo poo on the film; I think that scene was just a clunker.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You think they'd cover those hooters up for a kid's film, jeez

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I really got the impression Coyote was going to become the zombie queen through time fuckery based on 1) her corpse not being present at the vault, 2) both having the same haircut, 3) Coyote's death being implied and off-screen, and 4) Zeus still having the outfit.

Plus Coyote really seemed to get the Queen.

That'd be a hell of a rebound.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yeah I feel like it's a bunch of breadcrumbs that some Reddit guy will combine into a brilliant "theory." Then the Netflix execs can poach and shoehorn it into the anime.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'd buy that if they hadn't showed us proof of it. While cutting to the characters and driving home that yes he's right and yes this happened / is happening.

I mean, that wasn't subtle.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

ruddiger posted:

The corpses aren’t 1:1, the key necklace on the corpse is different than the one on Maria.

OTOH, if they were 1:1 they wouldn't be corpses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

There's nearly a thought where when characters talk a thing the narrative Walter Mitty shows us their theoretical. Soldiers talk area 51? UFO. Boss talks heist? Montage. Van talks time loop? Time loop.

This totally falls apart because the robots are explicitly ignored by every character but they're shown.