Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don’t like it as his entrance but I loved it hitting when he won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

SonicRulez posted:

- Mox/Nagata banged. Was fun seeing so many "Wild Thing? Why?" posts. Still was great from start to finish. Happy to see Nagata back.

- Then the show took a loving nosedive. Cody's promo sucked. Bring back that article that said he needed to gently caress off. Clearly that lad knew something the rest of us didn't. I do not know why he felt "I'm doing this for my mixed race baby" was the fuel this PPV match with Ogogo needed, but gently caress off. Sorry, I don't like to be salty, but this was all time bottom tier Dynamite.

- Bucks/SCU was pretty good after a bit. Good Brothers interference wasn't needed and took away from it. Then AEW's poo poo production that seems to never improve made sure to screw up the ending.

- Then Orange Cassidy got injured. Was just at the absolute bottom of enjoyment at this point. My heart goes out to the guy. I hope he's ok.

- Jericho did a 20 year old WWE segment except with like 1/10th the heat. Why is he here a whole 1 week after Blood & Guts? He needed to be here to set up Stadium Stampede 2? Tully was doing great and all that, but what a weirdly current Smackdown segment to happen here on this already struggling Dynamite.

- Miro/Darby ruled. Archer/Miro is gonna rule too. Great end to the show.

AEW Dynamite sucked really hard for me this week, none of my friends had fun watching it, and now I'm honestly a little sad.

Cheer up, SonicRulez - I'm on the same page with Cody and I just could not give less of a poo poo about the Pinnacle and Inner Circle, but a bad night of AEW is better than a good night at the office or something. There were several really good segments.

I'm really bummed about Ricky Starks though, I had no idea he fractured his neck. Feels like we're about due for another one of those "oh poo poo, 4 people got injured in two weeks" kind of things.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wild Thing kicks rear end and if he keeps it, I expect it to become the next big wrestling sing along entrance.

E: also the Cody promo was extremely corny but calling it one of the worst things in dynamite history is a bit much. The promo where he compared himself to Tom Brady was probably worse, and that's just going through Cody promos.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

mooseinfants posted:

Even though we know it was an audible I could buy if the OC/Pac match end was the original planned end. It makes sense that Kenny would bury OC for being a joke wrestler and then interfere to try and help OC win so he could get the easier challenge.

That's exactly what I thought was happening, so they called a drat good audible. We even got some unhinged Kenny magic out of it!

Cody's promo was bad because frankly America is bad, but everything else tonight was fine to really good.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Before you know it Tony is gonna license something stupid like The Final Countdown as entrance music

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
rip scu

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
Jericho could have just chilled out for a few weeks and made his grand return at Stampede 2. Sell the injury, give Sammy and the rest their time to shine.

I'm not too bent out of shape with his coming back tonight, honestly, I just think getting him off TV a few weeks would have been the better move here.

Cody loving sucked poo poo tonight.

Everything else was fine to good to great. I went into the main event thinking there was no way Darby could believably beat Miro. I am glad I was wrong, cause I bit quite a few times at the end there. Great match.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

xbilkis posted:

Half of the TV show was great and it sucked and I'm sad

The bad outweighed the good. That happens sometimes.

Helicity posted:

Cheer up, SonicRulez - I'm on the same page with Cody and I just could not give less of a poo poo about the Pinnacle and Inner Circle, but a bad night of AEW is better than a good night at the office or something. There were several really good segments.

I'm really bummed about Ricky Starks though, I had no idea he fractured his neck. Feels like we're about due for another one of those "oh poo poo, 4 people got injured in two weeks" kind of things.

It's nice that bad AEW will still have good matches, but if I wanted a bad show with good wrestling I'd watch NXT.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

great wrestling, dogshit promos and segments. cody's promo was the worst of the lot and the pinnacle segment was ok. i hope oc is alright

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

worst case scenario, I wonder if they'd replace OC in the triple threat or just have a 1v1 with PAC.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Darby's last stand after the Sting fistbump is maybe one of my favorite finishing stretches I've seen.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

DLC Inc posted:

worst case scenario, I wonder if they'd replace OC in the triple threat or just have a 1v1 with PAC.

Big Biceps Tony starts revving up the engine to the money dump truck and heading over to the Danielson household

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chris Daniels performance tonight was absolutely phenomenal tonight, one of the best single performances I've seen on Dynamite, and it wasn't just the gnarly blade job. I hope he got a standing ovation from everyone in the building tonight.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Just started Fight for the Fallen! Gonna try to watch All Out tonight too.

So psyched

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like wild thing but Mox should come out to BFG Division.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
Surprised I'm not seeing much mention of the Doctor's segment, she was fantastic. It's amazing how comfortable she is in the role.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

dracula vladdy AF posted:

Surprised I'm not seeing any mention of the Doctor's segment, she was fantastic. It's amazing how comfortable she is in the role.

Yeah Britt gave a really good interview.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

now we move on to ask the real questions

do we see a Rocky Romero or Ren Narita match on Dark/Elevation next week?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

now we move on to ask the real questions

do we see a Rocky Romero or Ren Narita match on Dark/Elevation next week?

No, but Chico El Luchador will show up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
some of the stuff this ep of dynamite was definitely weak but it had some loving fantastic matches in it

plus a good chunk of what I didn't love was apparently things getting audibled for safety and I can't honestly feel too bad about that. sure, it would have been better if daniels bladed a bit less hard and cassidy didn't get rocked, but doing poo poo live means dealing with accidents

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Who else bets that when the bubbly cannon showed up, everybody thought it was gonna be way bigger and it was a whole moment of people trying to rationalize money already spent and that it would look cool on TV anyway, no it's not ruined, c'mon guys, let's just see how it fires first

I bet that's what happened because that thing sucked lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rotinaj posted:

Who else bets that when the bubbly cannon showed up, everybody thought it was gonna be way bigger and it was a whole moment of people trying to rationalize money already spent and that it would look cool on TV anyway, no it's not ruined, c'mon guys, let's just see how it fires first

its no Kurt Angles Cum Truck thats for sure

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Who else bets that when the bubbly cannon showed up, everybody thought it was gonna be way bigger and it was a whole moment of people trying to rationalize money already spent and that it would look cool on TV

I feel like it's repurposed stadium gear. But yeah, it looked doofy.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The whole Pinnacle/Bubbly segment ruled. :colbert:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

rotinaj posted:

Seemed like a normal sized cannon that went the right distance for the segment?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Watching MJF and friends bump for the bubbly was good stuff

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Bubbly cannon was dumb yeah and I'd like to see Pinnacle get to be a scary faction some instead of having a good week and getting clowned on by the IC the next week.

Tag title match was great but good lord let the ending breathe. Show some shots of SCU being distraught instead of that weird backstage thing

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't mind the Bubbly Truck because if you're gonna have a "variety approach" like AEW does, WWE-style stuff has to be in there. And it's fun in small doses.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Pinwiz11 posted:

The whole Pinnacle/Bubbly segment ruled. :colbert:

I liked it

Cody can go straight to hell

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's the saddest time of the week. The time right after Dynamite.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1392671319653748739?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

THE BEST MAN

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Shard posted:

It's the saddest time of the week. The time right after Dynamite.

We get to listen to Dave ramble in a few hours

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pylons posted:

I don't mind the Bubbly Truck because if you're gonna have a "variety approach" like AEW does, WWE-style stuff has to be in there. And it's fun in small doses.

yea nah I liked the bubbly truck. I like the big dumb classic raw stuff from time to time bc I grew up watching that stuff so like... yea whatever drop Chris jericho in mimosas im into it lol

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mooseinfants posted:

Tag title match was great but good lord let the ending breathe. Show some shots of SCU being distraught instead of that weird backstage thing

the conjecture is that they wanted to cut away to have the medics look at daniels so they had eddie/mox fill a little time

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm really glad that OC is reportedly ok, and really bummed that they planned for a 20 minute time limit draw between Pac and OC and we didn't get it.

That match would have been amazing and made tonight an even better night of wrestling than it already was.

No doubt AEW made the right move after letting Matt Hardy continue despite his brain clearly exiting his skull vs Sammy (ANOTHER big bummer), so I'm glad they did it. I just wish they didn't have to do it :sigh:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I liked the Pinnacle/Bubbly segment.

Like yeah it's very WWE but it's like the good stuff that occasionally WWE manages, or perhaps managed once upon a time because it has been a while- "Sports Entertainment" isn't inherently bad.

Like mostly Tully's promo carried that, but I also enjoyed the honking. In general I wasn't sure about continuing the feud right away but Stadium Stampede II is a good idea.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I Before E posted:

Wild Thing kicks rear end and if he keeps it, I expect it to become the next big wrestling sing along entrance.

E: also the Cody promo was extremely corny but calling it one of the worst things in dynamite history is a bit much. The promo where he compared himself to Tom Brady was probably worse, and that's just going through Cody promos.

What about the inaudible Cody and Tony Schiavone in limo segment?

or literally ANYTHING involving the Nightmare Collective once they decided Brandi couldn't just be spooky and feud with twitter.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
looking forward to watching this forum melt down after Cody stands tall waving old glory over ogogo as the Star-Spangled Banner plays and bald eagles fly around him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Just remembering a few weeks ago the ever-present "AEW RUINED MIRO" whining. Fools.