Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I wonder how the Warner Media getting taken over by Discovery will affect things like AEW. I wonder if anyone in AEW is getting “WCW bought out by AOL Time Warner” vibes.

I am 100% certain that they waited to announce this until after the Warner/Discovery announcement so I am thinking that Discovery was informed of these decisions over the last few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

NienNunb posted:

In an effort for brand synergy, the first challenger for Miro's Television Championship will be none other than Drew Carey's office nemesis, Mimi

and what’s more, it’ll loving slap

she’ll bounce off the top rope into a fully sicknasty and bitchin’ awesome destino for a bucket of *s

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I wonder how the Warner Media getting taken over by Discovery will affect things like AEW. I wonder if anyone in AEW is getting “WCW bought out by AOL Time Warner” vibes.

I am 100% certain that they waited to announce this until after the Warner/Discovery announcement so I am thinking that Discovery was informed of these decisions over the last few months.

Today was Upfronts, so it wasn’t so much as waiting as it was when things like that get announced.

The merger is all about consolidating content, you don’t cut content with reliable viewership when that’s your goal.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I heard they did it so the Best Friends can be the new Mythbusters.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

I heard they did it so the Best Friends can be the new Mythbusters.

Holy poo poo

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Trent is Jamie right?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
AEW is moving to USA to go head to head with Raw.

They are going to play both in picture in picture with overlapping audio

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

smarxist posted:

Trent is Jamie right?

Trent's the dummy they blow up or drop from high heights.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i'm a big fan of wednesdays

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

enigmahfc posted:

Trent's the dummy they blow up or drop from high heights.

He said Trent is buster

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Archer's winning btw

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Parlaying the 'man who isn't afraid to die vs the man who isn't afraid to kill' tagline into his own catchphrase was :discourse:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
as a person afraid of dying and killing, I'm happy to sit this one out and watch the boys work through it

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This is going to FUCKIN WHIP

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
This match will have some bam bam and taz go through the ring mega bump and it will rule

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Archer's winning btw

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i hope it ends with the ring area destroyed and several officials laid out everywhere like a bomb went off

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I'm fine with Archer losing as long as they use it to get the anchor of Jake off him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

BEEF BEEF BEEF

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

Archer's winning btw

Lmao

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Archer's not winning.

But what if he did, though?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I really hope Archer vs Miro is like 8 or 9 minutes and they make it the coolest 8 or 9 minutes in history.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
i hope miro kicks jake's rear end tbh

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

is pepsi ok posted:

I'm fine with Archer losing as long as they use it to get the anchor of Jake off him.

Jake sending an army of Dark/Elevation talent up against his former protege would be a good way for a post-title loss Archer to spend a few months without just fading away again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not putting the TNT belt on archer immediately was such a bad move imho

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
No Cody title means no open challenge which means no Kingston or Starks

Instead we'd just get Cody stalking Archer for four months until he won the title anyway. Cody simply did the audience the favor of presenting a more streamlined story

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Not putting the TNT belt on archer immediately was such a bad move imho

Eddie and Ricky wouldn't have gotten signed otherwise I don't think.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fair yeah. They still shoulda put it on him ages ago

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
The overbooked finish and lack of follow up plans for him were worse for Archer than not winning the title.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Summer of Cody was great and I wouldn’t change anything about it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

:toxx: Prob me for a week if Miro doesn't win the match and keep the title at Double or Nothing

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Pylons posted:

Eddie and Ricky wouldn't have gotten signed otherwise I don't think.

And even though WARHORSE was done dirty we wouldn't have gotten his entrance song, which loving owns. (Give WARHORSE another go around TK.)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Make it a whole month if you're that confident

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Make it a whole month if you're that confident

:toxx: Prob me for a whole month if Miro doesn't win at Double or Nothing and keep the title.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
In a vacuum I do wish Lance had won right away, and he's fallen into a kind of weird place where he's mostly a monster who very rarely fights anyone of consequence. The PAC/Kingston clusterfuck was a good use of him as an agent of violent chaos, but I bet it's pretty hard to consistently produce organic stories for a character like that.

I think they can keep guys like Archer and Cage relevant without really being in the title scene by emulating the Cage-Hangman booking (minus the pre-match beatdown). Turn em into the guys who can beat anyone at anytime, so if you have someone at the top of the rankings who you don't want in a title program, feed em to a big beefy fella. Makes things more unpredictable, lets you put more matches with real stakes on TV, establishes a class of wrestlers as true top-card gatekeepers rather than just perfunctory jobbers to the superstars

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/PENTAELZEROM/status/1395127643448692741

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

rantmo posted:

And even though WARHORSE was done dirty we wouldn't have gotten his entrance song, which loving owns. (Give WARHORSE another go around TK.)

I’m happy that Warhorse got his moment, but I can probably name a dozen indie wrestlers I’d rather see on Dynamite for the first time before Warhorse got a second crack at it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I’m happy that Warhorse got his moment, but I can probably name a dozen indie wrestlers I’d rather see on Dynamite for the first time before Warhorse got a second crack at it.

Book Lee Moriarty on Dynamite

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shard posted:

:toxx: Prob me for a whole month if Miro doesn't win at Double or Nothing and keep the title.
:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
So Double or Nothing

Kenny is almost certainly retaining.
Miro is probably retaining.
Britt is almost certainly beating Shida.
That leaves the Bucks vs Unscripted Madness?( Mox and Kingston)

So do they go back to touring with four heel sets of champions, or do they slap the tag belts on the lads?

If the Bucks retain, who is the first championship to get unseated out of those four?