Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

man I wish my wiz 6 file hadn't corrupted in the final dungeon

Owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fartlancer posted:

quest for glory

I did this recently but I couldn't play 5 because I couldn't get it to run on my machine since it's a mid 90s Windows game. I don't remember it being very good anyway. And 3 is a massive turd and I'll never play it again.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

3s has sexy furries dude

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Video games starring sexy lion peoplenlike the entire wing commander series and quest for glory 3

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I threw a spear at a target and the game displayed a text box that said nothing but "Oops!" and then crashed to desktop one second later. That's the general tone of the game as a whole.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Thays a classic sierra ago engine error

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

warlocked was a great gbc rts. one of my favorites.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

i miss good star wars games. No! star wars squadrongs and jedi fallen order are not good, actually

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Frenz posted:

i miss good star wars games. No! star wars squadrongs and jedi fallen order are not good, actually
Yeah I miss yoda stories

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Frenz posted:

Lego Star Wars games are good.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Frenz posted:

It pisses me off how close we were to getting LucasArts games like the Rogue Squadron Trilogy, Battlefront III, Empire at War II etc only for them to fizzle out near the end of their production.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sweet new av, lumpy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Squadrons is good and the joystick controls are really well done, someone on the team really liked tie fighter and it shows, but it's drenched in an EA eSports vibe which is difficult to ignore

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I know it's an older game but Hotel Dusk fits this perfectly

hotel dusk ftw. the sequel is good and does this too but it never came to america

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arrhythmia posted:

you can't bring gen 1 or 2 into 3 but you can bring 3 to 4 then 5 and so on

i never knew you could bring old saves across any of the games

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It pisses me off how close we were to getting LucasArts games like the Rogue Squadron Trilogy, Battlefront III, Empire at War II etc only for them to fizzle out near the end of their production.

1313 looked p interesting before they shut that down for some unknown reason

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mekchu posted:

i never knew you could bring old saves across any of the games

you don't bring the saves you trade pokemon forward. they usually can't go back

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s a vault you can trade into and out of as an online service

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bring your pokemon to the trashcan because these games are garbage. gently caress you gamefreak!

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

bring your pokemon to the trashcan because these games are garbage. gently caress you gamefreak!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They should call it Pokemon Brown because it belongs in the toilet

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

you don't bring the saves you trade pokemon forward. they usually can't go back

Oh. Even then didn't ever know that was a thing :cripes:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Wes Warhammer posted:

hotel dusk ftw. the sequel is good and does this too but it never came to america

I'm gonna play it as soon as I'm done with part 1

I'm currently up to the part where you bowl with Louie Denono

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
adventure games in general

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Of all the genres of games that one definitely has the biggest ratio of bad games to good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GorfZaplen posted:

Of all the genres of games that one definitely has the biggest ratio of bad games to good.

2d platformers bro

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

also there's still lots of these. well a stready trickle anyway. in the past few years there's been:

kathy rain
whispers of a machine
unavowed + all 3 million of the other wadjat eye games
hero u from lori and cori cole
the sherlock holmes game altho i have not played the 3d ones and they seem silly

that i've played and were good anyway. there seems to be a lot on steam.

also a bajillion interactive fiction games released for free.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kongming posted:

I did this recently but I couldn't play 5 because I couldn't get it to run on my machine since it's a mid 90s Windows game. I don't remember it being very good anyway. And 3 is a massive turd and I'll never play it again.

Kongming posted:

I threw a spear at a target and the game displayed a text box that said nothing but "Oops!" and then crashed to desktop one second later. That's the general tone of the game as a whole.
dunno about 3 but qfg4 is notoriously buggy. thankfully the gog release has a fan-patch pre-applied that deals with most of the issues that sierra never fixed

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

adventure games didn't die, they just got exiled to the frigid wastelands of germany

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also there's still lots of these. well a stready trickle anyway. in the past few years there's been:

kathy rain
whispers of a machine
unavowed + all 3 million of the other wadjat eye games
hero u from lori and cori cole
the sherlock holmes game altho i have not played the 3d ones and they seem silly

that i've played and were good anyway. there seems to be a lot on steam.

also a bajillion interactive fiction games released for free.

kathy rain isnt good. die troll!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I'm glad the "You can continue to the end of the game but are hosed because you missed a pixel hunt sometime in the last 2 hours" trend of adventure games died.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I quit NMH2 when I started the SHinobu section and picking it up today the home menu has switched from Travis to Shinobu. So NMH2 doing both carry over saves and changing the home screen ftw

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

I'm glad the "You can continue to the end of the game but are hosed because you missed a pixel hunt sometime in the last 2 hours" trend of adventure games died.

That was just Sierra games
Lucasarts ftw

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Lucasarts ftw

Nah, Maniac Mansion did it too. Though that was fixed in a later release of the game

If you ripped the envelope you couldn't send a letter later on which caused the game to progress.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Nah, Maniac Mansion did it too. Though that was fixed in a later release of the game

If you ripped the envelope you couldn't send a letter later on which caused the game to progress.
it's important to look after your mail. This was a respectable lesson to teach

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Maniac Mansion had multiple endings. Can’t you just pick another ending?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

lifg posted:

Maniac Mansion had multiple endings. Can’t you just pick another ending?

You couldnt get to any endings iirc as you would just get stuck at that puzzle and couldnt continue

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Lucasarts ftw

More of an early design trope that roberta williams loved for some reason. Their best games like the good qfgs, Gabriel knight 1-2 (i never played 3), space quest 3, conquest of the longbow etc didnt really pull that crap. Altho i do tend to enjoy lucasarts games more newayz.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CyberPingu posted:

This honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The coolest one is in kings quest 2 where a bridge will collapse without warning after you corss it a certain number of times, which makes the game unbeatable. So you have to make sure you cross it only when u have 2