Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I miss gaming magazines, I know a few of them are still around, but they're definitely past their prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I think the only one left is Game Informer which basically only exists because it's tied to gamestop subscribers. Otherwise there'd be none really.

I miss em a lot too. I used to walk to the corner convince store as a little kid and every month would pick one out, usually between EGM, Gamepro, and Game Players. I usually went with whoever had the most Nintendo stuff on the cover. Kinda sucks that whole industry is gone, that was such a great time as a kid

Gamefan was one of my favorites as a kid, looking back on it now the concept of a comic featuring the cartoon personas of all the game reviewers who worked there was pretty surreal.