Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Those of you voting for 19a: What Skill should we check? This represents the method by which Ximu affects this conflict.

Note that checking the Skill doesn’t mean losing it, just that this was the most significant use of the Skill in Ximu’s story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Check horsemanship, get love potion as a resource

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Slaan posted:

I'll second that.

Thanks for the reminder!

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A third!

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

Slaan posted:

19A

Symeon came up with one last scheme before he died. He heard of the alchemists of the East and offered to pay me handsomely to steal the hermit Chen Tuan's book of formulas. I succeeded in stealing the secrets and memorized the formula to a love potion.

Alas, I died during my escape when my horse threw me from its back. Chen Tuan raised me from death using his recovered tome and sent me to curse my family's tomb for my crime against him.

This using horsemanship

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:hmmyes: I do love it when a character concept comes together.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Thousand Year Old Vampire: Love Potion #19a

Slaan posted:

19A

Symeon came up with one last scheme before he died. He heard of the alchemists of the East and offered to pay me handsomely to steal the hermit Chen Tuan's book of formulas. I succeeded in stealing the secrets and memorized the formula to a love potion.

Alas, I died during my escape when my horse threw me from its back. Chen Tuan raised me from death using his recovered tome and sent me to curse my family's tomb for my crime against him.

Slaan posted:

19a sweeps the vote! Let's see how Miss Xiao looks now.

character sheet posted:

Xiao Ximu (1021 CE - ?)
Memories

I. 1) I am Xiao Ximu, a silk weaver from the Imperial court of Emperor Renzong of the Song Dynasty; even among the other court weavers, my work is known for its delicate beauty.

II. 1) My father, Li Shao Ren, is exiled from the Emperor's court after he is caught receiving bribes, spared from death only by my pleas; in return, he leaves me his journal, with all the secrets I need to blackmail those who might threaten me.

III. 1) The silkworm harvest is bountiful this season, leading to great profit; Symeon, a trader from Constantinople, offers me a fortune in gold for the secrets of our silk production, but I spurn him. In the year 1072, the indulgence of Dong’s found family (a band of miscreants and criminals) destroys the silkworm plantation, but they repay me with generations of loyal service (P: 13a).

IV.1) Kaifeng's well-to-do frequent my boarding house; with access to strong drink and to their riding horses, it is a simple matter for me to manipulate the powerful to my ends. 2) Taking advantage of my new condition, I start providing wound treatment services at my boarding house as well; I can sip blood from the living and drain the dead and dying at my whim, and no one is the wiser (P:9a).

V. 1) While horseback riding into the wilderness to warn my father of treachery steal ancient scrolls from an abandoned monastery on the advice of Dong Symeon, I am thrown from my horse into a ravine; the immortal sage Chen Tuan, taking pity revenge, reanimates my corpse with forbidden Daoist alchemy so that I might return to will haunt my family tomb.
2) Decades later, Symeon and I ride out once again to Chen Tuan’s lair to find the secrets of true immortality; we discover many things, including a love potion recipe, but true knowledge eludes us when we run into the Ninth Immortal himself, Chen Tuan, and escape with our lives only after a desperate battle (P:19a).

Characters
Mortals
Dong: A local degenerate alcoholic with a heart of gold; he taught me how to ride a horse and do other activities restricted to men, in return for me bringing him bottles of baijiu from the imperial cellars. (d. 1069. Cause of death: alcoholism)

Symeon: A trader from distant Byzantium, pressuring me to sell him silkworms to bring to his homeland; wealthy and arrogant. Decades later, we both come into conflict with the Immortal Chen Tuan

Li Shao Ren: My father, banished from the royal court after losing face in front of the emperor; lives on the outskirts of Kaifeng as a bandit now.

Immortals

Chen Tuan: the legendary Ninth Immortal, a Taoist sage who - due to studying internal alchemy - lived on as an immortal spirit after his bodily death. I died far, far away from home on business, and he raised me from the dead so I could hop back to haunt my family tomb. Little did he know I had other plans.

Skills
Courtly Intrigue
Weaving
Horsemanship*
Wound Treatment

Resources
Profitable Silkworm Farm
Hidden Book of Dirty Secrets
Prosperous Boarding House and Stable
Servitors of the Lineage (Dong family)
Love Potion

Marks

My hands have warped into claw-like appendages that I hide under silk gloves and voluminous sleeves.

Pretty great, I'd say. If you're not picturing a kickass Shaw Brothers-style kung fu battle between an immortal sage and a vampire, I don't know what to tell you.

Changes are underlined; some are our most recent Prompt, others are just changes to help bring the whole narrative together.

I'm thinking Li Shao Ren will be available for two more Prompts before dying of old age, and Symeon will be available for three before dying.

Ok, next Prompt is on...

Prompt roll (from 19): 1d10-1d6 8

27! Let's have at it!

27a) Wars rage throughout the region in which you reside.
You withdraw into a hidden retreat, waiting for them
to pass. Lose a Resource.

or...

27b) A peasant accuses you of being a vampire but is not believed. They are
punished severely. Create a mortal Character.

Goons, take your pick!

Gatto Grigio fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 17, 2021

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Also let me know if the pacing works for everyone. My goal is 2 posts/day, figuring that will keep the game moving while giving y'all ample time to give your input.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

B seems like a lot more fun than skulking about in a dilapidated lair until you forget how to be human(I'm looking at you Graf Orlok!).

I'm suggesting some idiot savant who is actually 100% correct in all their ridiculed opinions:
"The system of government is not only wasteful in resources but needlessly cruel to the working classes!"
" We shouldn't just accept every opinion that some scholar wrote down ages ago as fact, we should test things. "
"That lady over there is obviously not a normal human person, I've compared her weaving with this old relic..." (Some habits are hard to keep a secret eh, Xiao?)

Let's say this character is a non binary person called Ping "the wise" :airquote: by their mocking peers.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gatto Grigio posted:

27a) Wars rage throughout the region in which you reside.
You withdraw into a hidden retreat, waiting for them
to pass. Lose a Resource.

In our haste to remove ourselves to a safe haven, we misplaced our Hidden Book of Dirty Secrets and were unable to locate it upon our return.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Gatto Grigio posted:

27b) A peasant accuses you of being a vampire but is not believed. They are
punished severely. Create a mortal Character.

Doctor Ezekiel Slate. A foreigner from the West. He became suspicious when he found that the sick residents of the boarding house had already been treated with bloodletting, despite us not having any leeches. Secretly spying in the night, he caught us in the act of drinking from the dying. Thankfully, he had no proof aside from his own testimony, so it was our word against his, and he was exiled as a troublemaker and a quack. Xenophobia has its advantages.

Because why have one archenemy when you can have two?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 17, 2021

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

girl dick energy posted:

Doctor Ezekiel Slate. A foreigner from the West. He became suspicious when he found that the sick residents of the boarding house had already been treated with bloodletting, despite us not having any leeches. Secretly spying in the night, he caught us in the act of drinking from the dying. Thankfully, he had no proof aside from his own testimony, so it was our word against his, and he was exiled as a troublemaker and a quack. Xenophobia has its advantages.

Pretty good!!
+1

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Gatto Grigio posted:

Also let me know if the pacing works for everyone. My goal is 2 posts/day, figuring that will keep the game moving while giving y'all ample time to give your input.

One post a day would make it easier on me tbh

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Yeah, agreed. I keep falling behind.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

girl dick energy posted:

:yeshaha:

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

girl dick energy posted:

Yes! This one!

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

girl dick energy posted:

Yeah, agreed. I keep falling behind.

Y’all make a good point. I might post informative stuff more often (pics, setting info, etc.), but I’ll keep Prompt decision posts to 1/day.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

+1. Ooh this is a good one.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Winner by a landslide is 27b!

girl dick energy posted:

I like it! Give a warmish welcome to Dr. Slate!

character sheet posted:

Xiao Ximu (1021 CE - ?)

Memories

I. 1) I am Xiao Ximu, a silk weaver from the Imperial court of Emperor Renzong of the Song Dynasty; even among the other court weavers, my work is known for its delicate beauty.

II. 1) My father, Li Shao Ren, is exiled from the Emperor's court after he is caught receiving bribes, spared from death only by my pleas; in return, he leaves me his journal, with all the secrets I need to blackmail those who might threaten me.

III. 1) The silkworm harvest is bountiful this season, leading to great profit; Symeon, a trader from Constantinople, offers me a fortune in gold for the secrets of our silk production, but I spurn him. 2) In the year 1072, the indulgence of Dong’s found family (a band of miscreants and criminals) destroys the silkworm plantation, but they repay me with generations of loyal service (P: 13a).

IV.1) Kaifeng's well-to-do frequent my boarding house; with access to strong drink and to their riding horses, it is a simple matter for me to manipulate the powerful to my ends. 2) Taking advantage of my new condition, I start providing wound treatment services at my boarding house as well; I can sip blood from the living and drain the dead and dying at my whim, and no one is the wiser (P:9a). 3) One night I am caught draining a dying patient of blood by a foreign doctor; I succeed in turning the city against him and having him banished before he can expose my true nature, but it is from his lips that I first hear the word “vampire.” (P:27b)

V. 1) While horseback riding into the wilderness to warn my father of treachery steal ancient scrolls from an abandoned monastery on the advice of Dong Symeon, I am thrown from my horse into a ravine; the immortal sage Chen Tuan, taking pity revenge, reanimates my corpse with forbidden Daoist alchemy so that I might return to will haunt my family tomb.
2) Decades later, Symeon and I ride out once again to Chen Tuan’s lair to find the secrets of true immortality; we discover many things, including a love potion recipe, but true knowledge eludes us when we run into the Ninth Immortal himself, Chen Tuan, and escape with our lives only after a desperate battle (P:19a).

Characters
Mortals
Dong: A local degenerate alcoholic with a heart of gold; he taught me how to ride a horse and do other activities restricted to men, in return for me bringing him bottles of baijiu from the imperial cellars. (d. 1069. Cause of death: alcoholism)

Symeon: A trader from distant Byzantium, pressuring me to sell him silkworms to bring to his homeland; wealthy and arrogant. Decades later, we both come into conflict with the Immortal Chen Tuan

Li Shao Ren: My father, banished from the royal court after losing face in front of the emperor; now survives on the outskirts of Kaifeng as a bandit.

Doctor Ezekiel Slate: A foreigner from the West who came to China to learn about new medicines; uncovered my nature and tried to expose me, but instead was himself banished from Kaifeng.

Immortals

Chen Tuan: The legendary Ninth Immortal, a Taoist sage who - due to studying internal alchemy - lived on as an immortal spirit after his bodily death. I died far, far away from home on business, and he raised me from the dead so I could hop back to haunt my family tomb. Little did he know I had other plans.

Skills
Courtly Intrigue
Weaving
Horsemanship*
Wound Treatment

Resources
Profitable Silkworm Farm
Love Potion

Marks

My hands have warped into claw-like appendages that I hide under silk gloves and voluminous sleeves.

So now with three Experiences, Memory IV is now full. We still have plenty of space in our other Memories for now.

Onto the next Prompt!

Prompt roll (from 27): 1d10-1d6 -5

Our first Prompt to take us backwards! We go back 5 Prompts to reach #22! Choose...

22a) Create a mortal Character. You have shaped
them from infancy to be exactly what you want.
Lose a Resource.

or...

22b) Eventful times: Generate three Prompts and resolve them all as one.

Gatto Grigio fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 18, 2021

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

22b, why have settle for one prompt when we can have three?

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

22B

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oh is three events the reason for the curse "I hope you live in interesting times?" :ohdear:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I vote for :frogsiren:MAXIMUM INTEREST:ducksiren:

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

Slaan posted:

Oh is three events the reason for the curse "I hope you live in interesting times?" :ohdear:

LET'S loving GO

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Gatto Grigio posted:

22a) Create a mortal Character. You have shaped
them from infancy to be exactly what you want.
Lose a Resource.

Zhao Shu, fifth emperor of the Song dynasty and my adopted son in all but name.

Two unusual visitors drop by my boarding house one day. A palace servant, and the unconscious young boy whom she accidentally pushed down the stairs when he tried to scare her. Fearing severe punishment and no place to turn to, she asked for my aid.

I recognize the kid as part of the extended royal family, though destined to grow up as a boring paintbrush pusher of no importance. I grab my chance at manipulating the threads of the empire, and feed little Shu my love potion.

He comes see me a lot as he grows up, and loves me as if I were his mother. And what good mother does not want what's best for her child? I push him to get emperor Renzong's sons involved in unfortunate and fatal accidents, leaving him as the sole heir to the throne.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

22B.

Get in the drat clown car.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

22B. All the prompts!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That’s a really pretty prompt for the person and I dig it.

That being said.

22B LET’S GOOOO

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Thousand Year Old Vampire: Oops!... All Prompts

The chorus cries out for 22B!

(Though I have to say Zhao Shu is a great NPC; may break him out if we hit 22 again.)

Ok, first Prompt...

Prompt roll (from 22): 1d10-1d6 4

is Prompt 26! Choose...

26a) You accidentally create a vampire through sloppy
feeding. Create an immortal Character from an
existing mortal Character. Why do you not destroy
them? Check a Skill.

or

26b) You become attached to a powerful, terrifying Character. As long as that
Character is alive you gain Resources where you would lose them, but
every Prompt must be described in terms of the Character’s wickedness
and your servility. A Character dies every Prompt you resolve, with the
wicked Character dying last.

Second Prompt...

Prompt roll (from 26): 1d10-1d6 4

is Prompt 30! Choose...

30a) What social mores have you forgotten? Lose a
checked Skill.

or

30b) A mortal child is born in a nearby community bearing one of your
Marks. Create a mortal Character.

Third Prompt...

Prompt roll (from 30): 1d10-1d6 2

is Prompt 32! Choose...

32a) You keep a prisoner. Why this particular person?
Why don’t you feed upon them? Create a Character
and a Skill related to keeping them captive.

or

32b) You meet a former victim socially. They recognize you. It is awkward, at
the least. Create a mortal Character.

Lots of choices to make! Interesting times indeed! Cast your lots!

Gatto Grigio fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 20, 2021

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
26a) You accidentally create a vampire through sloppy
feeding. Create an immortal Character from an
existing mortal Character. Why do you not destroy
them? Check a Skill.

Symeon: After years of working together, it feels wrong to destroy him for our mistake.
Skill: Courtly Intrique

30b) A mortal child is born in a nearby community bearing one of your Marks. Create a mortal Character.

Li Dong, a child born into the family of bandits that serve me

32a) You keep a prisoner. Why this particular person?
Why don’t you feed upon them? Create a Character
and a Skill related to keeping them captive

Li Xiaogong: A courtier of a rival faction. She was plotting to murder a local magistrate. I don't feed on her because she could be a valuable bargaining piece with more powerful factions
Skill: Veiled Threats

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 20, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

26a, 30b, 32a

Our father turned to banditry to survive and... Left a trail of illegitimate children behind his raids. One of these women, a minor noblewoman, came to us for recompense for our father's brutality a few weeks after a raid. Instead of money, all she received was captivity as we took her prisoner for easy feeding- and to keep her mouth shut about out father.

It turns out she was indeed pregnant with our half brother, who was born with claws on her feet, likely due to the constant feeding we had done on the mother before we knew of the pregnancy.

The birth though, drove us wild. All of the blood was too much and we fed on the mother uncontrollably. We kept her alive so that she could parent our sibling until he, too, grew old enough to be the male face of the family within the Imperial Court.

32a:
New Skill: Kidnapping
New Mortal: Ma Biyu

30b:
New Mortal: Li Bohai

26a:
Ma Biyu to Immortal
Check Courtly Intrigue

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:v:What is it with Slaan and socially destructive eating disorders?

I'm supporting JOA's proposition for now.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

plan Slaan

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Plan Slaan, since it actually merges all three prompts into one event.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

By popular demand posted:

:v:What is it with Slaan and socially destructive eating disorders?

I'm supporting JOA's proposition for now.

Blame the prompt this time :(

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

+1 for Slaan plan

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Thousand Year Old Vampire: The Amazing Slaan and the Slaan Clan

Slaan posted:

26a, 30b, 32a

Our father turned to banditry to survive and... Left a trail of illegitimate children behind his raids. One of these women, a minor noblewoman, came to us for recompense for our father's brutality a few weeks after a raid. Instead of money, all she received was captivity as we took her prisoner for easy feeding- and to keep her mouth shut about out father.

It turns out she was indeed pregnant with our half brother, who was born with claws on her feet, likely due to the constant feeding we had done on the mother before we knew of the pregnancy.

The birth though, drove us wild. All of the blood was too much and we fed on the mother uncontrollably. We kept her alive so that she could parent our sibling until he, too, grew old enough to be the male face of the family within the Imperial Court.

32a:
New Skill: Kidnapping
New Mortal: Ma Biyu

30b:
New Mortal: Li Bohai

26a:
Ma Biyu to Immortal
Check Courtly Intrigue

So it goes! With the arrival of new players on the stage, the ravages of time mean that some old players must take their bow (for now). Our father, Li Shao Ren, and Symeon both pass away.

character sheet posted:

Xiao Ximu (1021 CE - ?)
Memories

II. 1) My father, Li Shao Ren, is exiled from the Emperor's court after he is caught receiving bribes, spared from death only by my pleas; in return, he leaves me his journal, with all the secrets I need to blackmail those who might threaten me. 2) Decades later, Ma Biyu, a noblewoman pregnant with his child comes to me for recompense; I imprison her instead, intent on using the child as a pawn in my schemes. (P: 32a). 3) I accidently grant the Dark Gift to Biyu, turning her into a vampire when the act of her son’s birth drives my hunger for blood past the breaking point. (P. 26a)

III. 1) The silkworm harvest is bountiful this season, leading to great profit; Symeon, a trader from Constantinople, offers me a fortune in gold for the secrets of our silk production, but I spurn him. 2) In the year 1072, the indulgence of Dong’s found family (a band of miscreants and criminals) destroys the silkworm plantation, but they repay me with generations of loyal service (P: 13a). 3) In 1090, a child in my care, Li Bohai, is born with clawed feet similar to my own hands; seeing it as a sign of the divine, the Dong family now worship us as local gods. (P: 30b)

IV.1) Kaifeng's well-to-do frequent my boarding house; with access to strong drink and to their riding horses, it is a simple matter for me to manipulate the powerful to my ends. 2) Taking advantage of my new condition, I start providing wound treatment services at my boarding house as well; I can sip blood from the living and drain the dead and dying at my whim, and no one is the wiser (P:9a). 3) One night I am caught draining a dying patient of blood by a foreign doctor; I succeed in turning the city against him and having him banished before he can expose my true nature, but it is from his lips that I first hear the word “vampire.”(P:27b)

Characters
Mortals

Symeon: A trader from distant Byzantium, pressuring me to sell him silkworms to bring to his homeland; wealthy and arrogant. Decades later, we both come into conflict with the Immortal Chen Tuan. In his last years, he journeys back to his homeland, but I never learn his final fate. (d. 1096. Cause of death: unknown)

Li Shao Ren: My father, banished from the royal court after losing face in front of the emperor; lives on the outskirts of Kaifeng as a bandit now. Bedridden in his final weeks, he dies alone when his bandit gang is wiped out by the first wave of the Jurchen invaders from the north. (d.1090. Cause of death: old age)

Dr. Ezekiel Slate: A foreigner from the West who came to China to learn about new medicines; uncovered my nature and tried to expose me, but instead was himself banished from Kaifeng.

Li Bohai: Child of Ma Biyu and my half-brother, he was born with clawed feet but can walk thanks to custom silk slippers I have made for him; wholly devoted to his mother and “Auntie Xiao.”

Immortals
Chen Tuan: The legendary Ninth Immortal, a Taoist sage who - due to studying internal alchemy - lived on as an immortal spirit after his bodily death. I died far, far away from home on business, and he raised me from the dead so I could hop back to haunt my family tomb. Little did he know I had other plans.

Ma Biyu: My vampire servant, a noblewoman and mother of Li Bohai; transformed by me accidentally after the birth of her son aroused my hunger for blood.

Skills
Courtly Intrigue*
Weaving
Horsemanship*
Wound Treatment
Kidnapping

Resources
Profitable Silkworm Farm
Love Potion
Marks

Memories are filling up quickly; we will either have to bank some Memories in a Diary soon, or strike out old Memories to replace new ones.

We are 8 Prompts in, which is good enough to cover Xiao's early unlife and build a backlog of Experiences that will be the canvas of her journey through the ages. From here on, Prompts will be a lot further apart in chronological order, as we jump decades or even centuries between them.

TYOV on The Passage of Time posted:

This game is about the grind of
centuries. Your vampire will lose
their very memories to the passage
of years and must pursue continuous
reinvention to keep up with the
evolution of society around them. Time
is very loose, so imagine its progression
as you like. Think about historical
events and work them in when it
feels right; world wars and political
upheavals are hugely important events,
even for vampires.

For general guidance, consider the first
seven or eight Prompts you answer
to be the first busy years after your
character becomes a vampire. Everyone
they know is still alive and the world is
still the world of their mortal life. By
contrast, their final Experiences might
take place in the early 21st century.

Don’t fret about specific years, but
do watch for obvious breaks in the
timeline. A series of Prompts might
interrelate to tell a small story, only
for something to interrupt that story.
Take the opportunity to jump a few
decades ahead. However, if you reach
a game-ending Prompt and it’s only the
Fifteenth Century, that’s fine too

So where is Xiao now? Let's say it's now the early 12th century, around the 1120s CE. Li Bohai is now a young man, and Xiao has lived almost a full century as a vampire; anyone significant from her mortal life is now dead and gone (with the exception of Immortals like Chen Tuan)

The unified Song Dynasty is also coming to an ignoble end. The Jin-Song wars that shatter the nation will begin in a few years, and the city of Kaifeng will be sacked by the Jurchen in 1127; while it will survive, it will never recover its golden days as the Imperial Capital of China. The empire will be divided for a century after that into the Northern Jin Dynasty led by the Jurchen (Chinese ethnic group later known as the Manchu) and the Southern Song Dynasty (under control of the Han group).

After this century, both Dynasties will be crushed in the 13th century by the Mongols led by Genghis Khan, to form the Yuan Dynasty, the famed dynasty of Emperor Kublai Khan (and his most famous visitor, Marco Polo)

... and with that history lesson, next Prompt!

Prompt roll (from 32): 1d10-1d6 -1

... is 31! Choose...

31a)You fall into a deep slumber for a hundred years.
Strike out any mortal Characters.

or

31b)The Moon calls. Form a foolish plan to ascend to it. Lose a Resource
in the attempt.

Gatto Grigio fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 20, 2021

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Gatto Grigio posted:

31b)The Moon calls. Form a foolish plan to ascend to it. Lose a Resource
in the attempt.

I do not know from which member of the Dong family it originated, but one day a strange rumor that I was a descendant of Chang'e - the moon goddess - started spreading. Worse, the rumor insisted I was going to help the entire family meet her. By the next full moon. I guess I should not be surprised alcoholism runs in the family.

Short on time and ideas, I blackmailed a high-ranking member of the court into providing me with 47 gunpowder rockets, which I strapped to a chair. Come the next full moon, I told Dong Wan (the family patriarch) that he'd meet Chang'e first.

The rockets exploded shortly after lighting the fuses, killing Wan instantly. One silver lining was that it wiped out the rest of the Dongs as well, saving me some time repairing my reputation by completely eradicating the need to.

(Lose: Dong family servants)

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 20, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Zybourne Clock posted:

I do not know from which member of the Dong family it originated, but one day a strange rumor that I was a descendant of Chang'e - the moon goddess - started spreading. Worse, the rumor insisted I was going to help the entire family meet her. By the next full moon. I guess I should not be surprised alcoholism runs in the family.

Short on time and ideas, I blackmailed a high-ranking member of the court into providing me with 47 gunpowder rockets, which I strapped to a chair. Come the next full moon, I told Dong Wan (the family patriarch) that he'd meet Chang'e first.

The rockets exploded shortly after lighting the fuses, killing Wan instantly. One silver lining was that it wiped out the rest of the Dongs as well, saving me some time repairing my reputation by completely eradicating the need to.

(Lose: Dong family servants)

This is hilarious, I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zybourne’s Looney Tunes Plan is the perfect contrast to how heavy that last one was.