Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Styles make fights is the short answer, you already know the long answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

I was away from internet for most of the last week. Why was Kuch so salty about MTL fans for celebrating a win? I guess hockey players just want the league to only play in southern states that don’t really have fans?

Beautiful hockey team Tampa has got though, I wouldn’t mind them being able to hold it together for another couple seasons. Most teams get torn up by salary cap/bad signings before even getting to make a run.

One change that would let me stop whining about their salary cap magic - calculate the cap based on “post tax” income. Then a city can have competitive teams and buildings that don’t collapse. If a Canadian team is willing to pay 20 million a year for a top free agent to balance out the tax difference, go for it.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
If the NHL doesn't go to the olympics, i think Tampa has a real shot at a 3 peat. That core group is so drat good. I'd have to imagine with so many of their players representing their country though that that + 2 finals runs in 10 months would be too much

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have no chance. 21-22 is the year of the Sway Man.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Carwash oval office posted:

I was away from internet for most of the last week. Why was Kuch so salty about MTL fans for celebrating a win? I guess hockey players just want the league to only play in southern states that don’t really have fans?

Beautiful hockey team Tampa has got though, I wouldn’t mind them being able to hold it together for another couple seasons. Most teams get torn up by salary cap/bad signings before even getting to make a run.

One change that would let me stop whining about their salary cap magic - calculate the cap based on “post tax” income. Then a city can have competitive teams and buildings that don’t collapse. If a Canadian team is willing to pay 20 million a year for a top free agent to balance out the tax difference, go for it.

Being Russian I guess? :shrug:

Anyone remember some of the Kuznetsov interviews from back when he was playing in the World Juniors? It sometimes seems to go beyond rivalry stuff and they just legit hate Canada and the idea of Canadian teams or cities ever winning anything in sports. There was also that one Ovechkin interview after Team Canada decimated them at the one Olympics where he seemed unusually salty about the whole thing.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 8, 2021

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Right, the World Juniors experience could make you hate Canada for life. Do other countries cover that tournament at all (at a level close to what Canadian networks do)?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Right, the World Juniors experience could make you hate Canada for life. Do other countries cover that tournament at all (at a level close to what Canadian networks do)?

Yes. Russia.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/igor_larionovii/status/1413282252285308931?s=21
Kuch is pretty cool

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I wonder how good a Russian Olympic team would be now with Kucherov, Panarin, and Vasilevskiy.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Mr. Kite posted:

I wonder how good a Russian Olympic team would be now with Kucherov, Panarin, and Vasilevskiy.

Their defense is still lol. Who’s their best D? Sergachev? Orlov? Provorov?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Mind_Taker posted:

Their defense is still lol. Who’s their best D? Sergachev? Orlov? Provorov?

That's the best they've had since... when? Since they were running out Zubov and Gonchar?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

That's the best they've had since... when? Since they were running out Zubov and Gonchar?

Whoa your star color changed. Grats. You've always been a good steward for SAS

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My condolences.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Mr. Kite posted:

I feel pretty confident Bread isn't going to be playing for Russia any time soon.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

now hand knit can permaban me if i post bad :(

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

I remember Nail Yakupov had a huge chip on his shoulder (and they won). He was super cocky about it.

Then Edmonton drafted him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's not mod sass now, let it fly

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The Forsberg thing was from the 1994 Olympics, and the stamp was released in conjunction with the 1995 Men's World Championship held in Sweden.

Nothing to do with the World Juniors.

Zat fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 9, 2021

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The idea that the Russian players all specifically hate Canada is some insane poo poo that Cherry would've said in 1993.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I hate Canada and I'm not from Russia

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's exactly what a Russian spy would say.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

It's ok, some days I hate Canada too and I Iive here (also a citizen but whatever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Idk how you can hate Canada seems fine