Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

boomers have all the money

I want that money

how do I get that money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

kill your parents and take their money

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

dick pills
any sort of bigotry (can maybe combine with dick pills?)
nostalgia baiting (fonzie themed dick pills??)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m thinking maybe a service that helps old boomers keep in contact with millennials, cause old people don’t have many friends, kind of like a platonic dating service

you get: to talk to people

I get: your money

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Pollyanna posted:

I’m thinking maybe a service that helps old boomers keep in contact with millennials, cause old people don’t have many friends, kind of like a platonic dating service

you get: to talk to people

I get: your money

that was facebook until they decided it was more fun to trade racist memes back and forth

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ADINSX posted:

that was facebook until they decided it was more fun to trade racist memes back and forth

exactly

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

iirc zuck holds half of all millennial wealth

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

dioxazine posted:

iirc zuck holds half of all millennial wealth

that doesn’t make sense, millennials have 5T and zuck has 111B

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

boomers have all the money

I want that money

how do I get that money

scam them

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

that doesn’t make sense, millennials have 5T and zuck has 111B

oh you're right, i got that wrong. had to look at it again

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:sam eliot analog: howdy there, do you have enough food to survive a crisis? check out patriot heritage buckets

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

graph posted:

:sam eliot analog: howdy there, do you have enough foodgasoline to survive a crisis? check out patriot heritage buckets

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

literally anything medical, they're dying and want to live forever and they will spend the whole inheritance to try

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ive been trying to come up with something for years but my wife says im not allowed to

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

boomers are the generation who least deserve longevity

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

start one of those cryonic freezing outfits that only starts the process once you're legally declared dead.

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik
the gofundme to build the border wall worked pretty good.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am dead serious btw

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bigotry seems like the easy cash bag OP

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/twitter-user-supposedly-scams-maga-fans-out-of-thousands.html

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

graph posted:

:sam eliot analog: howdy there, do you have enough food to survive a crisis? check out patriot heritage buckets

The Management posted:

graph posted:

:sam eliot analog: howdy there, do you have enough foodgasoline to survive a crisis? check out patriot heritage buckets

PreprBox, the all new subscription box for preppers. This month: a serving of "breakfast skillet" from auguson farms and one of those credit card sized metal things that claims it's 99 tools in one. Featured free sample: 1 pint of 87 octane "Chevron with Techron" gasoline.

The longer you stay subscribed, the more ready you'll be!

Edit: drat I kind of regret posting this as a joke now. That poo poo'll work.
If you do this hit me up

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RZA Encryption posted:

PreprBox, the all new subscription box for preppers. This month: a serving of "breakfast skillet" from auguson farms and one of those credit card sized metal things that claims it's 99 tools in one. Featured free sample: 1 pint of 87 octane "Chevron with Techron" gasoline.

The longer you stay subscribed, the more ready you'll be!

Edit: drat I kind of regret posting this as a joke now. That poo poo'll work.
If you do this hit me up

never apologize for scamming old people

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

the regret is that someone will beat me to it

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
boomers are Really Dumb so you can just make up any old scam and it'll work on them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

get in line behind the entire medical, real estate and financial services industries

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

qirex posted:

get in line behind the entire medical, real estate and financial services industries

i tapped out of medicine cause mmmmm no, and I’m getting far loving away from financial
services cause hahahahahahaha

real estate I don’t understand why boomers would use? do they not already have houses?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

what old people need:

1. medicine and caretaking
2. assurance that they are safe and secure
3. company and people to talk to
4. solutions to navigating a scary and dangerous new world

what old people DONT need:

1. insurance
2. more houses
3. more money

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

of all those, #2 is by far the most lucrative and the most susceptible to hosed up human psychology

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wait. wait this is important

how much of this is because old people tend to be wealthy, and how much of it is because wealthy people tend to be old

like is the money spread out around the generation or is it a few grandpas hoarding all of it?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pollyanna posted:

how much of this is because old people tend to be wealthy, and how much of it is because wealthy people tend to be old

like is the money spread out around the generation or is it a few grandpas hoarding all of it?

the boomers that didn't get established and well off enough that they could grow wealth by having wealth tend to start pushing up daisies between ages 40 and 60.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jonny 290 posted:

the boomers that didn't get established and well off enough that they could grow wealth by having wealth tend to start pushing up daisies between ages 40 and 60.

that still doesn’t mean much re: A Few Bad Actors

plus it makes me wonder how much of this “wealth” is sitting in 401ks and solid assets vs. potentially making it to my bank account

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

i don't care that much for the design of that chart, but how much it is about age is the one thing it very clearly tells; the x axis the age within that group. so, yeah, boomers were doing way way better than genx at the same age, and while they don't overlap yet in that data the millenials are set up to do a bit worse still.

i also find it interesting that genx has a huge dip for the 2008 financial crisis, but the same cannot be found on the boomer line.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

that’s fair and I guess it’s pretty spread out then

that said apparently boomers have a lower market share than gen x and millennials which makes me suspect that any wealth they have is either being hoarded (possible) or is not liquid (extremely likely)

what is probably happening is that boomers have all the wealth, but that wealth is in houses and retirement accounts.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

it might be that our best bet is to just wait for our parents to die.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

or we could tax the wealthy at a higher rate but lmao at the US ever doing that

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

American flags made in china

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

covid was supposed to fix this but all the worst boomers survived it anyway

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

need a scientific study on "hate in your heart" vs "longevity"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Prep2Go: a mobile app that lets boomers hoard supplies with a tap of a button. Prices start at 30% over retail and then rise based on news reports suggesting those supplies may become scarce. The front page rotates through items that are in the news (ex: gas) along with other items that are cross promoted through facebook in non-branded "news" stories.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Shaggar posted:

Prep2Go: a mobile app that lets boomers hoard supplies with a tap of a button. Prices start at 30% over retail and then rise based on news reports suggesting those supplies may become scarce. The front page rotates through items that are in the news (ex: gas) along with other items that are cross promoted through facebook in non-branded "news" stories,

this but also you promise to keep the items in a secured location for pickup or delivery at any time and offer discounts if they let you store them at your secure location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

i tapped out of medicine cause mmmmm no, and I’m getting far loving away from financial
services cause hahahahahahaha

real estate I don’t understand why boomers would use? do they not already have houses?

they hoard real estate, just as they hoard every other resource they can get their hands on. this is often in the form of vacation homes or rental properties