Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Share Bear posted:

this but also you promise to keep the items in a secured location for pickup or delivery at any time and offer discounts if they let you store them at your secure location

i was thinking about that but too many of them would actually want to see it so then you need nationwide storage which is probably too much overhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
alternatively, partner with self storage businesses to either take a commission on rentals and/or offer rentals as at a 30% markup with the contract saying if they fail to pay rent their hoard is repossessed

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.

Pollyanna posted:

real estate I don’t understand why boomers would use? do they not already have houses?

you realize that wealth and liquid cash are not the same thing, right

their wealth is their real estate

to that end, the best way to relieve them of that wealth is a reverse mortgage

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

carry on then posted:

want to live forever

lol. dumbasses.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

off topic but the concept of immortality terrifies me. I legitimately think it’s one of the cruelest punishments you can put on a person

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
thats fine barring being some kind of lone intelligence wandering alone forever with no civilizations anywhere i'm happy to take all of your immortalities

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i only have 0.125mL of immortalities to offer you

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

immortality is the kind of thing that would probably come out of really high end body modding tech. like moving consciousness between bodies level tech. from there immortality is just making backups

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mZZiI4ShQ

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

so bright

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Nevergirls posted:

to that end, the best way to relieve them of that wealth is a reverse mortgage

anybody promoting or selling reverse mortgages should be guillotined.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

that doesn’t make sense, millennials have 5T and zuck has 111B

that's still 2% !

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

fritz posted:

anybody promoting or selling reverse mortgages should be guillotined.

i was about to defend the principle of elderly people with significant real estate assets using that as an income source but then i looked it up and it turns out reverse mortgages are just super scammy compared to HELOCs/other equity release schemes

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

wait. wait this is important

how much of this is because old people tend to be wealthy, and how much of it is because wealthy people tend to be old

like is the money spread out around the generation or is it a few grandpas hoarding all of it?

the chart is misleading because even though it discusses medians it starts when the oldest boomers were 44 and the oldest millennials were 28. No millennials are 44 yet. also what has been posted if you don’t have money by 50 it’s unlikely you’ll make significant jumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Share Bear posted:

this but also you promise to keep the items in a secured location for pickup or delivery at any time and offer discounts if they let you store them at your secure location

this is it, cause if things actually get bad lol sux 2 b them

Shaggar posted:

i was thinking about that but too many of them would actually want to see it so then you need nationwide storage which is probably too much overhead

no, you just gotta pick a location near them, pretend it's it, and send the same image to each of them