Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Blaise330 posted:

People revealing New Jack is a lovely person like is like when your non-wrestling fans friends reveal "dude... wrestling is fake? Did you know?" Like yeah we know he's a homophobic psychopath, noone here is legit sad that he's dead, he's just a meme.

Speak for yourself, I'm pretty bummed that one of the most interesting people in wrestling who gave me tons of memories and hours of entertainment is gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm just surprised that a heart attack was what got him. I was expecting New Jack to finally die by getting into a real life fight with someone, or to have a spot go wrong.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

rotinaj posted:

I'm just surprised that a heart attack was what got him. I was expecting New Jack to finally die by getting into a real life fight with someone, or to have a spot go wrong.

His heart cut a shoot on him

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

New Jack dead at 58, "I'm surprised it wasn't violent" says friends and family.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

CyberPingu posted:

His heart cut a shoot on him

wtf phrasing is 'cut a shoot' did you wander into the wrestling forum to just post about how youre not sad about new jack dying

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Blaise330 posted:

People revealing New Jack is a lovely person like is like when your non-wrestling fans friends reveal "dude... wrestling is fake? Did you know?" Like yeah we know he's a homophobic psychopath, noone here is legit sad that he's dead, he's just a meme.

i am legit sad. the world is a less colorful place now

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I wish we could have seen what movie he would have been Denzel's friend in.

The Bone Collector and The Hurricane came out in 1999 around when Beyond The Mat was...oh what could have been

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 15, 2021

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

MotU posted:

wtf phrasing is 'cut a shoot' did you wander into the wrestling forum to just post about how youre not sad about new jack dying

I've been lurking here for years. I just couldn't think of the phrasing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I wish we could have seen what movie he would have been Denzel's friend in.

The Bone Collector and The Hurricane came out in 1999 around when Beyond The Mat was...oh what could have been

Imagine the climax of The Bone Collector, when the killer shows up to kill Denzel's bedridden character ... and then "Natural Born Killaz" starts playing.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

rotinaj posted:

as if New Jack would ever lose a rl fight

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Someone on Wikipedia is salty

some rear end posted:

Unfortunately for the wrestling industry, New Jack was an absolute piece of poo poo that tried to legitimately hurt his opponents, using the cowardly excuse of a 'hard upbringing'to justify his abhorrent behavior. He brought nothing positive to the industry, and in fact nearly got everyone shut down with his ignorance and inability to act like an adult in the workplace. What New Jack did was not wrestling, it was garbage.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Shayna Baszler posted:

i am legit sad. the world is a less colorful place now

New Jack brought color to many places, many wrestlers

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

rip king

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did New Jack ever show up in WWECW or at any of the One Night Stand PPVs? My gut says no but my memory is failing me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

I've been lurking here for years. I just couldn't think of the phrasing

lurk more

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

RIP New Jack, he loved to hurt white people

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
He's dead and I'm still scared of New Jack.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Davros1 posted:

Someone on Wikipedia is salty

wonder if he'll need a citation since its all true

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
separate the art from the artist

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
"My paintbrush is a fork, your head is the canvas"

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The internet is gonna be fun the day Abby dies.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

NienNunb posted:

this isnt the giantbomb thread

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MotU posted:

this isnt the giantbomb thread

Lmfao

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
He did some bad things, yes. He also did some very good things, like piss off a whole lot of tobacca-chewin' rednecks and took their money.

Plus Molly Holly liked him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

Did New Jack ever show up in WWECW or at any of the One Night Stand PPVs? My gut says no but my memory is failing me.

He deliberately self-sabotaged at a WWE tryout by saying hi to Vince when he was told not to, and I recall he couldn't attend the first One Night Stand due to outstanding warrants. He did wrestle some ECW guys in TNA, though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPTzAHI0lyc

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://v.redd.it/3okj77x4ubz61/DASH_720.mp4?source=fallback.gif

I... hope that has sound for everyone else

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
no.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the only thing to really take from what heyman says in the video is that while jack is apparently dead, he would fake his death in order to sell t-shirts. don't need to hear the rest

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Many years ago, the ECW timekeeper used to sit in front of a buddy and I at Phantoms games.

According to him, one of the funniest things he ever saw in his life was the night that Paul Heyman rented out some rinky-dink ice rink for the wrestlers and crew, and New Jack tried ice skating for the first time.

(The most unlikely part of this entire story was that there was a point at which Paul had a petty cash fund.)

RIP to somebody who, to paraphrase a description I once read of Abdullah, "he wasn't the strongest, or the biggest, or the classiest. He sure as hell wasn't the most technically gifted. But he was a big, angry man who was going to stab you with something pointy and there wasn't a goddamned thing you could do to stop him, and it was gonna be entertaining to watch."

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Here's the youtube link of Heyman's New Jack thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVZqv7JOFvc

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
One time at an ECW show, New Jack got thrown over a guard rail and kicked my friends little brother right in the dick and balls. He cried but later said it was awesome.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1393658903578218507?s=20

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

aww paul e you slick bastard, i luv ya :unsmith:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7G-c_2Ywqw

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Everybody seems to hate Heyman but they'd all jump off a building for him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Just checking in to make sure everyone's been listening to this on loop during the entire read of the thread. Even when watching the Heyman video. It's what New Jack would've wanted.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/washyheights/status/1394733181371310086?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

NienNunb posted:

Is he not? I thought the beetus got his legs or something a couple years ago and it went downhill from there. Did that poor bastard he hepatitised ever win his lawsuit?