Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
24 hours isn't a great indicator of the real game. The real game is locked behind by a lot of tech, and even that can quickly get out of reach for a trial player, especially a lot of group-oriented stuff which can take days or weeks to complete.

A level limit is a better idea. Getting the timing right might be tricky, because you want a level where someone can feel useful and experience the first real group activities, but not so useful they don't feel the need to buy-in. This is particularly hard to get right because levels weren't useful as a means of content management until a couple tales ago and there's no transparency as to which level unlocks what until you get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I still hate levels. And, yes, I know that system has now officially been around forever.

I'll probably show up for one last Telling - whenever it releases on a major platform. I want to see the newb rush and abandonment cycle.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

quote:

From Kasiya on discord and the official FB page!
This weekend we're running a short Alpha test that will run for a week.
I expect to have the server up on 7th April before 4pm BST (3pm UTC).
The Alpha will be open to all players with a Tale 10 account (regardless of payment status)

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Beta for T11 will be opening pretty soon. I will probably do a T11 thread for the sake of tradition, though I plan to be a much more casual player this time around. If anyone is interested in running an Affable Evil guild, they have my blessing to use the name and our valley.

e: Beta begins September 29th.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 29, 2023