Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Cool couple of rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

He's so happy. :unsmith:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
how the gently caress

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Hahaha

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress yeahhhhhhhh

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

gently caress yes.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

good fight, mates

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that was pretty loving sick. roty candidate

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Hell yeah

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

HOLY gently caress~

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmao, this rules

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
gently caress yes do bronx

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Hell ya

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Fentry posted:

I say it every time but Oliveira is the most consistently entertaining fighter in the sport

this is real true

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I mean the fight was loving awesome, but also I guess now we have an answer to the question,"Do I deserve a title fight after 1 fight in UFC?" from Chandler :)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
my favourite bit was when barboza gave that dude a video game combo that nobody could see but watching oliveira become a legit champ is sick too.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tbh I couldn't see Chandler having much to say against dustin or gaejthe's footwork if he had finished that in round 1

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

How can anyone hate Oliveira? Please don't tell me he's some kind of rear end in a top hat.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Jerusalem posted:

I mean the fight was loving awesome, but also I guess now we have an answer to the question,"Do I deserve a title fight after 1 fight in UFC?" from Chandler :)

I mean he won the first round

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I *COMPLETELY* missed that punch that did it. It was so short and perfect that I didn't really understand what happened. Such a huge shift from the first round that I was like wat

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Awww he's so happy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

deadkiller615 posted:

I mean he won the first round

i assume the answer was 'yes' considering i would have called the fight when oliveira was dragging his face from side to side on the mat

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress yeah olivera. Love seeing a dude I saw make his debut YEARS ago climb the mountain.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Fuuck watching him is getting me emotional like when nunes beat cyborg

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
I love Olivieira, he's just so pure

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The best part of this is seeing which of his coaches left the toner in too long after bleaching their hair.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

BlindSite posted:

gently caress yeah olivera. Love seeing a dude I saw make his debut YEARS ago climb the mountain.

what's weird is he looks like the same old oliveira to me. he always looked like on his best day he could take anyone but somehow he's rigged it so every fight is his best day.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I was hoping Oliveira would come back and smoke him when the crowd starting chanting USA and he came out and immediately slept him, good poo poo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I do not envy him for the complete pack of killers waiting to take belt from him. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 will be an amazing fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i hate to say it but conor / oliveira would be fun as hell and i'd pick conor to win.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

beep by grandpa posted:

I do not envy him for the complete pack of killers waiting to take belt from him. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 will be an amazing fight

So many new match ups as well.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Lightweight is probably the hardest division to predict the future of now with Khabib gone

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
No need to spoil the WFly fight on the main card but either of them would be completely embarrassed if they were fighting the Bullet

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

i hate to say it but conor / oliveira would be fun as hell and i'd pick conor to win.

He definitely could, but on the other hand, I think Oliveira can get into clinch range on Conor without getting knocked out at least a couple times, and once there, wrapping Conor up and dragging him down seems eminently doable

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Brazilian commentary of the main event finish

https://streamable.com/0v9oec

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Brazilian commentary of the main event finish

https://streamable.com/0v9oec

My friend gets Brazilian cable and the Combate feed is so great. At the end of the show they have a graphic to show Brazil's record vs the rest of the world and take a victory lap.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BlindSite posted:

It's gotta be up there for the record for greatest length of time between UFC debut and first title shot. I know the record is held by Lawler at 13 years or so, but Aloe Vera isn't far behind that at just shy of 11 years. He does now hold the record for most UFC fights between his debut and his first title shot at 27. It was previously held by Bisping at 25 and by RDA at 17 before that.

I'm a big fan of anyone who comes into the UFC as a good but incomplete fighter and just keeps making themselves better the whole time. Who'd have thought, when he debuted, that he'd win the title winning a firefight punchup with a dude like Chandler. And it's amazing that, more than once, Oliveira has suffered a bad loss that would have made it easy to write him off but he just kept going back to the drawing board.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

henkman posted:

pretty sure jeff monson would beat the gently caress out of him

i hope jeff monson beats the gently caress out of blindsite too honestly

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

i hope jeff monson beats the gently caress out of blindsite too honestly

Please never stop being obsessed with me. It makes me so, so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

cool fight between two dangerous guys who could fall to pieces at any second because of the sheer amount of miles on them

just realised that this is the most accurate call i've ever made