Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Shageletic posted:

straight up funniest skit in years Adam Driver is the funniest person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HD2xG92-0

This is great but its all Adam Driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

FogHelmut posted:

This is great but its all Adam Driver.
The best part of the sketch is the little details in the dialogue that go completely unnoticed by the crowd because they're either laughing at an earlier joke or because it's such a subtly crafted revenge backstory that you almost have to watch it twice to fully catch.

I also really liked his first Kylo Ren Undercover Boss bit (the second time was a bit "been there, done that").
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 3, 2021

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I'm dating Pete Davidson. I just sucked his toes

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Kenan Thompson acts like Kenan Thompson and recycles characters from All That. There is literally nothing in his performance than resembles a performance. He could be playing a cactus, he could be playing Oprah, he could be playing a Shakesperaean master. You literally would never know without the context of makeup, setting, and what the other cast members are doing. He is, and can only be, Kenan Thompson, a buffoon so inept at buffoonery that 80% of his perceived worth as a comedian is based on the fact that he can open his mouth in an amusing o-face sort of thing. Amongst drag queens, that's a basic talent, but apparently this is enough for the show to keep him around longer than Don loving Pardo.

haha his face is pretty funny tho

Who the hell is Don Pardo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Some dead guy

Elburroman
Dec 27, 2012
Does anyone have the sketch where he invades some dumb viking set up and is like “it’s me, bobby Hoynihan and kate mckinnons playing a reaver named jaundice and is like “thats a peculiar name” trying to save it and kate mckinnon dressed as a pirate goes “he must be from the future!” And jimmy falon bursts out snot-laughing because he said Hoynihan

I cant find it

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Kenan Thompson acts like Kenan Thompson and recycles characters from All That. There is literally nothing in his performance than resembles a performance. He could be playing a cactus, he could be playing Oprah, he could be playing a Shakesperaean master. You literally would never know without the context of makeup, setting, and what the other cast members are doing. He is, and can only be, Kenan Thompson, a buffoon so inept at buffoonery that 80% of his perceived worth as a comedian is based on the fact that he can open his mouth in an amusing o-face sort of thing. Amongst drag queens, that's a basic talent, but apparently this is enough for the show to keep him around longer than Don loving Pardo.

ya but hes funny

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

kenan thompson is on SNL forever because he has no interest in pursuing a movie career unlike every other personality who gets famous, well-liked enough on the show to never get fired or be used in every sketch and is only interested in a steady paycheck to provide for his family. he has an extremely normal set of priorities for someone in entertainment and frankly that's weird as hell.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

kenan thompson is on SNL forever because he has no interest in pursuing a movie career unlike every other personality who gets famous, well-liked enough on the show to never get fired or be used in every sketch and is only interested in a steady paycheck to provide for his family. he has an extremely normal set of priorities for someone in entertainment and frankly that's weird as hell.

He just couldn't grow the second dick Bill Cosby said he'd need after doing Fat Albert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz8cC6SF9wc&t=80s

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 4, 2021

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Funny how many people hate SNL so much but know so many details about the cast and episodes.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tarkus posted:

SNL related commentary, I agree with him for the most part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGjxX4gvaqk

is this guy 12?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Shageletic posted:

is this guy 12?

I think he's in his mid to late 20's. Looks young though I guess.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He said something like he was 12 in 2005 so like 28

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah he didn't know the Mackensie brothers or much else before it hit the 2000s, which is funny because apparently Colin Quinn has been relegated to the dustbin of history, which all in all, a good thing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

JazzFlight posted:

The best part of the sketch is the little details in the dialogue that go completely unnoticed by the crowd because they're either laughing at an earlier joke or because it's such a subtly crafted revenge backstory that you almost have to watch it twice to fully catch.

I also really liked his first Kylo Ren Undercover Boss bit (the second time was a bit "been there, done that").
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

Adam Driver is the best.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I always liked this one

https://vimeo.com/154522723

And this is the best actual musical number they've ever featured:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xir8t6

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFl_r2StkRU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Yeah he didn't know the Mackensie brothers or much else before it hit the 2000s, which is funny because apparently Colin Quinn has been relegated to the dustbin of history, which all in all, a good thing.

The only funny thing Colin Quinn ever did was give Greg Giraldo tons of airtime

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Norm Macdonald was cool and funny.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

MrQwerty posted:

The only funny thing Colin Quinn ever did was give Greg Giraldo tons of airtime

This is a really funny line, but you jerks leave Colin Quinn alone

My username comes from Colin Quinn calling Jim Norton a "pontificating rear end" (which he is)

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

vandalism posted:

What are you some kind of hipster (he's legit the funniest guy in the world and I don't get why people make that incorrect association)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kenan makes a funny face on camera, goes and collects his paycheck, and sits backstage thinking about his sweet permanent gig on a show that will never be canceled and how dumb anyone else was to leave.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Kenan makes a funny face on camera, goes and collects his paycheck, and sits backstage thinking about his sweet permanent gig on a show that will never be canceled and how dumb anyone else was to leave.

The rumor lately is that he's leaving with some other cast members, but he should just stay forever

Here's my idea for a show if he leaves SNL:
Keenan and Will

keenan thompson and will sasso sketch show
get me on the phone with tbs already!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

vandalism posted:

I love Norm McDonald but I never liked him on SNL. Almost every single one of his jokes on the Weekend Update fell flat and the audience was mostly laughing at that.

Norm's real genius is just him talking without a script.

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Conan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuW8vJldqss

edit: Conan says Norm is feeling under the weather but it's assumed he's drunk.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 8, 2021

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One time Nathan Lane was the host and during Weekend Update they were referencing a news story about the police finding a woman's mummified remains in her apartment. They did this by having Lane play Officer Lou Costello, fearfully stuttering about how he saw a mummy. Then Norm started yelling at him as part of the bit and the audience immediately got psyched because Norm MacDonald and Nathan Lane doing an Abbott and Costello tribute act is such an inspired idea.

I always felt a little disappointed that we never got more than just that segment.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I just woke up so I can't tell if this is supposed to be sarcastic but have you watched Chappelle's Show lately? That poo poo has aged like milk.

im not going back to watch anything but i did remember a bunhc of really funny skteches and im gonna say nah your wrong as gently caress and your sense of humor sucks

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

actually i lied i watched the race draft sketch recently and it was still really good so gently caress you op

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Pontificating rear end posted:

The rumor lately is that he's leaving with some other cast members, but he should just stay forever

He really should. His sitcom just got picked for up season 2 but I'd stay on SNL if I were him. No one is going to fire him or cancel SNL. His sitcom is just another NBC-trope-filled show* (complete with overly tall ,not thin women who is awkward) that contained two This Is Us promos in the pilot episode.

I guess if anything he may look at stopping since another season means flying to LA and NYC each week which usually screws with your family. Hopefully he's going a good financial guy and can take a few years off or get a get a talk show going.

*Yes I know SNL is also trope after trope

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kenan is the most “I’m only here for the paycheck” cast member ever

Good for him, although I don’t see how he could be anyone’s favorite

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I for one support Kenan in his decision to Get That Bag. There are far less talented people making tons more money

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I just worry about Kel. He's a great big failure.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

I just worry about Kel. He's a great big failure.

I don't know how to tell you this....

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kenan seems like an easy guy to get along with. Like, you write a sketch and he reads it and maybe he’s like “hey maybe this would be good” and you can either use it or you can say “no I think it’s better the original way” and he would be like “ok man just trying to help we can do it your way” but he actually says it sincerely while someone like one of the white dudes would say “ok man just trying to help we can do it your way” but it’s obvious he’s being a jerk about it. Like go back and read those two sentence saying the same thing again but imagine one with Kenans honest thoughtful face saying it and the other has one of the white guys saying it with his eyes open wide and shaking his head sarcastically “ok man JUST TRYING TO HELP”

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Hey remember "Its Pat" the Julia Sweeney sketch? You know it had a jingle and everything. "Its time for androgyny, Its Pat!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdV3VomzKdI

I got bullied in Elementary School to kids repeating stuff from this skit. What a weird cultural zeitgeist this stupid show is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDGTCULn6P0

This is basically just the show Monk meets Good Eats before either of their time. The Beloved Phil Hartman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Fk_mDem4o

They had this character on *every week*. Rob Schneider was a popular actor.

People fondly remember different generations of SNL as "the good ones", but the general rule is SNL has always been utter horseshit.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
A few years ago I downloaded VHS rips of every episode of SNL from 1975 to 2000. I've been searching for this Will Ferrell sketch for over a year now and still cannot find it. Snl transcripts somehow doesn't have it and Googling it is giving me nothing.

The only thing I remember was it took place in a bar and Will Ferrell screams out "I was born with both male and female genetalia". Does anyone know which episode this was? Or even the name of the sketch? I have no clue how snl transcripts doesn't have it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Pete Davidson let it slip in an interview that every cast member on SNL gets paid the same and it's about $140,000 a year lol

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Pete Davidson let it slip in an interview that every cast member on SNL gets paid the same and it's about $140,000 a year lol

That's not super impressive going by NYC standards but since each season only films for 8 months I'm sure they have plenty of opportunities to make a ton of money on other projects.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah my buddy is a sanitation employee in NYC and he makes more than that lol

I was reading the Rolling Stone list of top SNL cast members of all time and it really got to me how bad they poo poo all over Cheri Oteri. Yeah the cheerleaders sketch wasn't great but pretty much every other character she did was incredible. Especially the woman addicted to meds and the host of Morning Latte. She probably made me laugh the most consistently of any cast member.

Her playing J-Lo in marriage counseling with Puffy (played by Jaime Fox) was probably the funniest sketch of all time. Except for the one where they are all trapped in a Lowe's movie theater and the jingles begin mocking the movie goers.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love Norm McDonald but I never liked him on SNL. Almost every single one of his jokes on the Weekend Update fell flat and the audience was mostly laughing at that.

Norm's real genius is just him talking without a script.

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Conan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuW8vJldqss

edit: Conan says Norm is feeling under the weather but it's assumed he's drunk.

the interview with courtney thorne smith trying to plug her lovely movie with carrot top while norm constantly rips on it was absolutely amazing. everyone in school had the little postage-stamp sized realmedia video of that interview painstakingly downloaded from dialup. the bits leading up to it were amazing too. the president is "all crippled up", larry flint "braaa brahhhh", etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqYevJSmfm4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKvNigYCd1c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqeqsBQ0wq0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

A few years ago I downloaded VHS rips of every episode of SNL from 1975 to 2000. I've been searching for this Will Ferrell sketch for over a year now and still cannot find it. Snl transcripts somehow doesn't have it and Googling it is giving me nothing.

The only thing I remember was it took place in a bar and Will Ferrell screams out "I was born with both male and female genetalia". Does anyone know which episode this was? Or even the name of the sketch? I have no clue how snl transcripts doesn't have it.

That sounds like it may be from the Bill Brasky sketch that was unaired and had bits and pieces on the "Best of Chris Farley" DVD.