Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

rotinaj posted:

That sounds like it may be from the Bill Brasky sketch that was unaired and had bits and pieces on the "Best of Chris Farley" DVD.

I appreciate it but it definitely wasn't that since it had nothing to do with Bill Brasky; it was Will Ferrell shouting random things though so it's very similar, yeah. I was thinking it was the "Drunken Asses" sketch with Tom Hanks where people in bars sing at the top of their lungs but don't know the lyrics, but I found that sketch today and it wasn't that either. But it was very similar. Definitely Will Ferrell screaming poo poo in a bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I appreciate it but it definitely wasn't that since it had nothing to do with Bill Brasky; it was Will Ferrell shouting random things though so it's very similar, yeah. I was thinking it was the "Drunken Asses" sketch with Tom Hanks where people in bars sing at the top of their lungs but don't know the lyrics, but I found that sketch today and it wasn't that either. But it was very similar. Definitely Will Ferrell screaming poo poo in a bar.

Chumba, have you asked for this in the GBS white whales thread???

E: this one: White Whales

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Anyone watch SNL this week? Any good?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I was reading the Rolling Stone list of top SNL cast members of all time and it really got to me how bad they poo poo all over Cheri Oteri. Yeah the cheerleaders sketch wasn't great but pretty much every other character she did was incredible.

Aw, I liked the cheerleaders sketch :smith:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Anyone watch SNL this week? Any good?

They started to do a riff on Mr. Show's The Story of Everest but with this lady fainting constantly and knocking over her butlers tray of every increasingly complicated and dangerous drinks and meals, but they overdid it and completely missed to point of the original sketch as well as the general concept of what humor is.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

FogHelmut posted:

They started to do a riff on Mr. Show's The Story of Everest but with this lady fainting constantly and knocking over her butlers tray of every increasingly complicated and dangerous drinks and meals, but they overdid it and completely missed to point of the original sketch as well as the general concept of what humor is.

"NO ONE HELP HIM" lmao

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

FogHelmut posted:

they overdid it and completely missed to point of the original sketch as well as the general concept of what humor is.

a nice description of every sketch

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im more of a MADtv guy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
S&L

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone know who the voice over guy was for stuff like Amazin Lazer and Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer? I somehow can't find this info anywhere. It's obviously not Don Pardo. Imdb and snl archives have been no help.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/amazin-laser/2860997

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzAFqrxfeY

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Does anyone know who the voice over guy was for stuff like Amazin Lazer and Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer? I somehow can't find this info anywhere. It's obviously not Don Pardo. Imdb and snl archives have been no help.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/amazin-laser/2860997

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzAFqrxfeY

I wonder if it was Jim Downey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXDxNCzUspM

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

MrQwerty posted:

I wonder if it was Jim Downey

I just checked out the few clips I could find of him speaking and it doesn't sound like him. I can't find anywhere that he ever did any voice over work.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I just checked out the few clips I could find of him speaking and it doesn't sound like him. I can't find anywhere that he ever did any voice over work.

yeah now that I listen to it again it isn't him. Downey was great, though.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah your post made me read his Wikipedia, he's responsible for a lot of gold

Still trying to determine that mystery voice. They used it a lot seasons 18-22 at least.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This week on SNL I scream and I scream and I scream and I scream until my eyes pop and I die on stage gushing aqueous humor into the guest hosts face and he just screams and screams

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

The newish John Belushi doc aired here last weekend and it surprisingly didn't crown the guy as a god king of comedy, but as a deeply flawed guy who after an initial start as a really good comedian was a constant drug problem waiting to happen. What he would have needed was an early failure, but since the heavy drugs were OK'd by the brass he was allowed to drug problem to the top and then when it didn't work out anymore, he flamed out and OD'd. Also, really much into punching down towards women. WTF?

Leaving more interesting question why Chevy Chase took 40 years to flame out.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Der Kyhe posted:

the dimmest candle burns slowest

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Purchase posted:

the dimmest candle burns slowest

Actually the poorest wick will deplete the candle wax faster than a bright, crisp, elevated flame which is primarily burning oxygen and not boiling your base carbons. :viggo:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Actually the poorest wick will deplete the candle wax faster than a bright, crisp, elevated flame which is primarily burning oxygen and not boiling your base carbons. :viggo:

lmao

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
Never forget Gus Chiggins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKoIESw1tdM

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Der Kyhe posted:

What do you mean? Chase flamed out in the mid 80s and did nothing of note from the early 90s until Community in 2009.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I did not watch SNL last week and i probs won’t watch it this week.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

oldpainless posted:

This week we necro an old thread to make an inane remark and just leave it hanging there like a wet fart until everyone changes the channel

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

oldpainless posted:

I, ON THE OTHER HAND, appreciate the bump of this timeless thread

Cant believe I made this thread a year and a half ago. We are all really old now

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Brother Tadger posted:

This week we necro an old thread to make an inane remark and just leave it hanging there like a wet fart until everyone changes the channel

Sounds like a good show

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i’m just an irrelevant non american but i’ve never seen a funny snl thing but phil hartman was on it so its good imo. thanks

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Kristen wiig: Stewart, please don’t touch my case-o-deeya. It’s super hot.

Bill hader: (tears streaming down face from laughter) it’s hot

(Audience cheers wildly)

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
After selecting some promising young comedic talent in the last few seasons, the show has now lost them all

This week on SNL, it's the worst cast they've ever had!

Except for Heidi Gardner who is probably a comedic genius

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
SNL is just boomer Lawrence welk

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Shageletic posted:

straight up funniest skit in years Adam Driver is the funniest person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HD2xG92-0

unwatchable due to laugh track. gently caress u snl

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Gentle Autist posted:

unwatchable due to laugh track. gently caress u snl

it's a live audience dumbass!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the L in "SNL" stands for "L"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it absolutely was bill brasky. loving fool

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
I've been a longtime watcher of SNL, it's like my version of guilty pleasure lovely reality TV.

The new season's two episodes so far have been abysmal, even by their standards. It was already mostly crap, but at least they had a couple of funny jokes here and there. I blame, (what I assume are) new writers, and the fact that they lost every even-remotely-funny cast member.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
did anyone say snl is bad yet or that it used to be funny or that they watch it but totally get how unfunny it is?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Pontificating rear end posted:

After selecting some promising young comedic talent in the last few seasons, the show has now lost them all

This week on SNL, it's the worst cast they've ever had!

Except for Heidi Gardner who is probably a comedic genius

Are you sure this isn't just gag they pulled by taking random audience members and pretending it's the cast? I have no idea who any of these people are (except for Hamm and Teller)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Jose Oquendo posted:

Are you sure this isn't just gag they pulled by taking random audience members and pretending it's the cast? I have no idea who any of these people are (except for Hamm and Teller)

i don't even come close to recognizing a single person in that picture. not even like... oh yeah i think i've seen that guys face but i cant place the name. absolutely random nobodies as far as im concerned

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Is that Shaun White in the upper left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

whos that bob odenkirk looking motherfucker in the back