Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

quote:

Have you checked out that Kona Blue document that was declassified?

Key Carson: 

“No comment, my dear brother,” Rep. Andre Carson exclusively tells Ask a Pol. 

But wait, if you’re just saying, ‘No comment’, then that means they didn’t declassify it all.

“I don't know, my brother,” Carson says.

What’s flying over US secure airspace? Hobbyists?

“What does your gut say? Gun to your head (a water gun)?” Carson pushes Ask a Pol’s Matt Laslo.

No, that was my question to you. Cause if this is foreign adversaries, I mean…

“If this were a game show, what would your guess be?” Carson presses.

Not like we’re playing. We're playing for real here. But, like, do you guys got it? I mean, US airspace was invaded last year by China. Like, are they doing enough?

“I just think the environment is rapidly changing, my brother,” Carson replies. “So, you always have to be on alert. You never know what's gonna happen. You know, I think that — that's why these public hearings are so tricky, you know? Because people are listening for context and clues.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Who would have thought. Taco Del Mar managed to open a franchise so far away.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
balueoons

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

lol the verbal equivalent of an ink blot test

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Orbs posted:

*tips UFO-shaped hat* "m'orbs"

The pics are too horny for mortal minds.

They've implied in a few ways that there are great true color pictures from the planes instruments and pilots, blow my mind. I hereby volunteer for alien image induced insanity testing and Operation mkultra

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Riot Bimbo posted:

do you have aries in your big three? lol

Uh I dunno lol I can't remember any of mine other than the big major one & don't actually remember how to do any of the stuff by hand

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

sharknado slashfic posted:

New from the Daily Mail, seems to be legit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13353023/aliens-K2-18b-distant-planet-emitting-gas.html

They took a look at it with Webb yesterday and the results won't be available for a while.

He'll yeah, show me the aliens

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I will accept the feeble "hey we found organic gasses only produced by life" as disclosure if that's what's on offer

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13353023/aliens-K2-18b-distant-planet-emitting-gas.html

They took a look at it with Webb yesterday and the results won't be available for a while.

Saw an interview with one of the scientists doing this and he said it will take a few months for analysis but he says right now he thinks the chances they've discovered life is 50/50.

That being said we've talked about this in the thread before and even if they confirm that it is emitting this type of gas that is only produced by life most scientists won't consider it confirmation of life because they'll say there could still be other sources we just don't know are possible. NASA has an official scale for what type of evidence it needs to have in order to confirm alien life and it's so strict that there really isn't any way to pass it if observing from afar, they need their hands on it.

D-Pad has issued a correction as of 02:07 on Apr 28, 2024

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Found it:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

At the very least it's something previously unobserved. Pretty cool.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’d challenge anyone to proof there’s life on earth by that metric

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I will accept the feeble "hey we found organic gasses only produced by life" as disclosure if that's what's on offer

However it may lend some weight to the fishbowl hypothesis &/or the asteroid seed theory
And if earth is a rare type that's super hosed up that we're ruining it

But on the flipside we don't know poo poo still, which is pretty lucky i guess

James Webb finally leaked the p'ss tape :patriot:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

poisonpill posted:

You couldn't even detect earth itself lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

poisonpill posted:

They can definitely measure gas in my house right now

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

They can definitely measure gas in my house right now

Open a window so some extrasolar civilization might detect us

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

D-Pad posted:

Found it:

This is tangentially related, but i found this: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438093

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
intriguing correlations

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

this is cool

and only 120 light years away!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carp
May 29, 2002

"The cosmic birdfolk of Indian artist Rithika Merchant."