Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Just two dudes enjoying a big strong rock, not afraid of physical touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Wouldja just take a look at that blue dot.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

How! posted:

Thanks!

Wasn’t that movie based on the govt trying to make contact at Holloman Air Force base?

There's all kinds of rumors about it, supposedly some government guy told Spielberg "you don't know how close that is to the truth" or something.

Devils Tower is pretty cool but ultimately you stand there looking at it for a couple minutes and then get back in your car.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

every year that passes without disclosure lue looks a little more like one of those potato stormtroopers from dr. who

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

sharknado slashfic posted:

There's all kinds of rumors about it, supposedly some government guy told Spielberg "you don't know how close that is to the truth" or something.

This is related to the Zeta Reticuli Exchange Program/Project Serpo/Ebens stuff:

https://www.nairaland.com/660246/project-serpo-zeta-reticuli-exchange

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
is that one of those ancient giant tree stumps?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rudeboy Detective posted:

every year that passes without disclosure lue looks a little more like one of those potato stormtroopers from dr. who

Lol

Perry Mason Jar posted:

This is related to the Zeta Reticuli Exchange Program/Project Serpo/Ebens stuff:

https://www.nairaland.com/660246/project-serpo-zeta-reticuli-exchange

Ah, so it's real then. As I suspected.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Zoobtro posted:

is that one of those ancient giant tree stumps?

Big rock in Wyoming

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

I really wish this man didn't look like this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Polo-Rican posted:

turn on your holoviewscreen

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

he looks exactly how he's supposed to

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

getting overly credulous as we approach april 1

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rickshaw posted:

I will watch the videos but I'm pretty skeptical of that guy

I'm at a point where if the person telling the story is intentionally dressed like they're a TV personality or musician I automatically disregard them (doc brown hair in this case)

boring looking dudes like Avi loeb are where it's at

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Watch the Pentagon release a full disclosure on April 1st then never acknowledge it again.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Spergin Morlock posted:

I'm at a point where if the person telling the story is intentionally dressed like they're a TV personality or musician I automatically disregard them (doc brown hair in this case)

boring looking dudes like Avi loeb are where it's at
You should be doing the opposite, the boring looking dudes are the ones who are grifting the most

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Orbs posted:

You should be doing the opposite, the boring looking dudes are the ones who are grifting the most

the obvious exception is giorgio, who is good

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Hey guys check out the face Kromlux is making. Dude you should hold that for the dehydration process, it'll be hilarious

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
A while ago I watched a vid about the evolution of primates & it's apparently pretty rare to have downwards facing nostrils

A lot actually have theirs facing sideways or forwards or just have old style dog snoots

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

SniperWoreConverse posted:

A while ago I watched a vid about the evolution of primates & it's apparently pretty rare to have downwards facing nostrils

A lot actually have theirs facing sideways or forwards or just have old style dog snoots

its ideal for apes that spend their time in water with their head poking out

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Spergin Morlock posted:

its ideal for apes that spend their time in water with their head poking out

Aquatic ape believer itt?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
millennia of natural selection to create the perfect hot tub enjoyer

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Barry Foster posted:

*checks another box on bingo card*

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Barry Foster posted:

then i saw her nose
and i'm a believer

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I took a nap, which is rare, and I had the weirdest dream. John Goodman was still an actor but he was famous for being on a different show with a different family and he was making jokes about a TTRPG he plays with his kids and knowing the magic word (Zabrethor? Zygador? Thrazadur? I forgot the word already) for casting a spell because he hadn't gotten any in quite a long time because he was a single father with responsibilities. I accidentaly changed the channel and there was like a different show which had the original younger cast members of Step by Step (now grown up) in different roles cracking sitcom jokes at each other.

Ellen DeGeneres was a car designer and that was unfortunate.

I lived in a much nicer house in that the walls were taller and was quite aware of the differences from my normal reality and I recognized this was some alternate universe or reality.

For the record I do not dream of TV. Ever.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The Demilich posted:

I took a nap, which is rare, and I had the weirdest dream. John Goodman was still an actor but he was famous for being on a different show with a different family and he was making jokes about a TTRPG he plays with his kids and knowing the magic word (Zabrethor? Zygador? Thrazadur? I forgot the word already) for casting a spell because he hadn't gotten any in quite a long time because he was a single father with responsibilities. I accidentaly changed the channel and there was like a different show which had the original younger cast members of Step by Step (now grown up) in different roles cracking sitcom jokes at each other.

Ellen DeGeneres was a car designer and that was unfortunate.

I lived in a much nicer house in that the walls were taller and was quite aware of the differences from my normal reality and I recognized this was some alternate universe or reality.

For the record I do not dream of TV. Ever.

Hmm ok well I dreamt of a truck that you can disassemble and fold into two exoskeletons for you and a bud to fight each other with. What's this mean

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
sorry, errant waves from calibrating my DIY brainulator

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
These are clear messages from the deep: Goodman's tabletop game is fuckin radical and that's what the aliens have been searching for

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Honky Mao posted:

Hmm ok well I dreamt of a truck that you can disassemble and fold into two exoskeletons for you and a bud to fight each other with. What's this mean

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I can confirm that the aitees love both dreams and tabletop roleplaying games

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Honky Mao posted:

The cybertruck is getting even more badass

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Barry Foster posted:

"Humans went through a fully aquatic dolphin phase" is stupid but we've been sailing around on boats and diving for shellfish for 100s of thousands of years. Lactose tolerance, alcohol tolerance and literacy are only a few thousand and we have genetic adaptations for those so.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Honky Mao posted:

Rock em sock em transformers is disclosure

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ratios and Tendency posted:

"Humans went through a fully aquatic dolphin phase" is stupid but we've been sailing around on boats and diving for shellfish for 100s of thousands of years. Lactose tolerance, alcohol tolerance and literacy are only a few thousand and we have genetic adaptations for those so.

For sure

To be clear, I was just messing about, I don't have much of an opinion either way

I have been reading about epigenetics recently though, and that poo poo's crazy. So much can change in literally a generation or two. Or worse; stay the same.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, I've never understood why the various adaptations that proponents of the theory bring up can't all be explained by living near water and routinely going into it for food.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

lol I didn't say fully acquatic but I think it makes a lot of sense that humans were the more riparian of the apes

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

humans were born to run, swim, and ride bikes, born to triathlon. we used to ride crude wood and stone bikes, Flintstones style.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Prehistoric velocipedes

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol I didn't say fully acquatic but I think it makes a lot of sense that humans were the more riparian of the apes

That wasn't a dig at you.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1773412210305270180?t=uUDZJHnG7j43c1fE6GdvZg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

sorry my bad I'll stop, jeez u just had to ask.