Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What in tarnation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

haha what the gently caress

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

Um, its Bili? Nobody has called me Ruth in years

also you apparently died at age 97 a few years ago

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

*taps username plate again*

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

This is good. More evidence that AARO is bullshit and doesn't have the authority for the real stuff.

quote:

Intelligence community sources speaking to Liberation Times state that neither the DoD nor AARO possesses jurisdiction over the Intelligence Community's CAPs, some of which purportedly encompass retrieval and reverse engineering activities concerning non-human materials.

One source told Liberation Times that the DoD possesses zero authority to grant the AARO access to CAPs - nor would they have the authority to receive testimony and evidence from Grusch relating to such programs.

Sources have informed Liberation Times that only the Intelligence Community’s Controlled Access Program Coordination Office (CAPCO) could grant authorities relating to CAPs.

That's not the only obstacle AARO would face; the office would also require approval from the CIA. Human-Sourced Intelligence Control System Operations (HCS-O) would require specific CIA approval separate from DoD SAPCO and IC CAPCO.

Any unauthorised disclosures relating to HCS-O programs would be taken very seriously as it could expose ongoing operations and identities of assets providing the CIA with Human Intelligence.

Another concern raised by sources, which was not acknowledged by Dr. Kirkpatrick and OUSDI&S officials in their email exchanges, is that the AARO lack the authority to waive clearances for Controlled Access Programs with dual purposes. In essence, these are programs that are valid, significant, and legal, yet allegedly conceal operations involving materials of non-human intelligence.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh hey isn't that the thing Thomas Townsend Brown was loving with

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
gently caress all of the acronyms imo

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

D-Pad posted:

This is good. More evidence that AARO is bullshit and doesn't have the authority for the real stuff.

look at this. it's just loving bullshit nonsense meat people being awful meat. just loving aliens please

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Zoobtro posted:

gently caress all of the acronyms imo

yeah our actual government, the acronym soup security state, kinda blows rear end

they're not even good at what they do, they just have the power and means to self sustain their clown show seemingly no matter what anyone does, and i wish that would change because this poo poo sucks

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

yeah our actual government, the acronym soup security state, kinda blows rear end

they're not even good at what they do, they just have the power and means to self sustain their clown show seemingly no matter what anyone does, and i wish that would change because this poo poo sucks

hey I just realized I never got you that hebrew language book I picked up. did you still want to take a look at it?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bilirubin posted:

*taps username plate again*

Everyone wants to dox themselves itt wtf

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Dox out with your cocks out.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Spergin Morlock posted:

hey I just realized I never got you that hebrew language book I picked up. did you still want to take a look at it?

Maybe, i'm still learning but I can barely read Genesis 1, i am not sure jumping into high level modern hebrew is gonna be worth it. Let me think on it, i've been dealing with a lot of poo poo irl and i have no idea when it'll abate enough that i'll even want to meet up with other humans except when i have to.

I've been cancelling hangouts and dates for like a month straight now lol

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/rosscoulthart/status/1781451254910402858

this guy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

Maybe, i'm still learning but I can barely read Genesis 1, i am not sure jumping into high level modern hebrew is gonna be worth it. Let me think on it, i've been dealing with a lot of poo poo irl and i have no idea when it'll abate enough that i'll even want to meet up with other humans except when i have to.

I've been cancelling hangouts and dates for like a month straight now lol

no worries hope all is well. maybe my new phone can Ai translate the pages lol

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

drat gottem ross, im really mad marines(?) arent randomly shooting stingers into the air over DC

e: also why are people suddenly posting like 2017 twitter libs again

WEH has issued a correction as of 00:27 on Apr 20, 2024

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Actually, @DeptofDefense, this is a Wendy's

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

if aliens existed in an every day common material way, like how humans do in the every day material world (driving to Arby’s, building a pipeline, being buried under a pyramid, brushing your teeth, etc) you would not need precise aim at small points of the night sky to see them. there would be evidence of them in any part of the sky you cared to look at . we don’t see them because they aren’t there in that specific way.

I think more and more earth is special. it is literally the center of that common every day universe and there isn’t anything out there in that every day material sense (that’s intelligent or lives like us in the common every day material way). the only reasons other galaxies exists is because we looked at them. they are kind of like a background wallpaper

I do think aliens probably exist tho , I suppose

i think you are on the money with this one.

I think we are all part of a united whole, an oversoul, and our experience on earth is a simulation or lower dimension that the oversoul explores. each one of us is like a finger dipped into a tide pool to feel anemones and sea urchins and stuff. except in this case the fingers are the billions of cross-dimensional tendrils--human souls--being dipped into our reality by the oversoul. the UAPs showing up may be an algorithm of sorts that is doing some kind of work on the simulation, also dipping in from a higher dimension to do something we cannot individually conceive of but may be deeply spiritual in the sense that our spiritual wellbeing may depend upon the work being done, i.e. preventing nuclear armaggedon so that we can continue to spiritually advance

when we die, our sensations and consciousness are given back to the oversoul in an instant; to the oversoul, time in this plane is accelerated, like how quickly our nervous system can send the signal to our brain that we touched a spiky sea urchin. so a little dip into this reality that we experience as a lifetime is just a sensation to the higher consciousness that we are all filaments of

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i wish to convey to my higher self that i am miserable here and I would like to request returning to the above place. Please send another element of ourselves, one that might actually like it here, please.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Turpitude posted:

i think you are on the money with this one.

I think we are all part of a united whole, an oversoul, and our experience on earth is a simulation or lower dimension that the oversoul explores. each one of us is like a finger dipped into a tide pool to feel anemones and sea urchins and stuff. except in this case the fingers are the billions of cross-dimensional tendrils--human souls--being dipped into our reality by the oversoul. the UAPs showing up may be an algorithm of sorts that is doing some kind of work on the simulation, also dipping in from a higher dimension to do something we cannot individually conceive of but may be deeply spiritual in the sense that our spiritual wellbeing may depend upon the work being done, i.e. preventing nuclear armaggedon so that we can continue to spiritually advance

when we die, our sensations and consciousness are given back to the oversoul in an instant; to the oversoul, time in this plane is accelerated, like how quickly our nervous system can send the signal to our brain that we touched a spiky sea urchin. so a little dip into this reality that we experience as a lifetime is just a sensation to the higher consciousness that we are all filaments of

I'm gonna need more weed to process this fully

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you are here on purpose. make good use of your time

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

The universe is just so loving vast I don't see the need of it all if that's really what the situation is

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s needed because people want it

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

it’s needed because people want it

but I can't get to it and I really wanna. loving oversoul needs to give me a goddamn spaceship and crew

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

you are here on purpose. make good use of your time

if i'm here with purpose, given my bone deep dislike of this place, it can't be anything fun.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

a few highlights from the space drive article:

quote:

“The most important message to convey to the public is that a major discovery occurred,” Buhler told The Debrief. “This discovery of a New Force is fundamental in that electric fields alone can generate a sustainable force onto an object and allow center-of-mass translation of said object without expelling mass.”

.. their current devices, which Buhler told The Debrief “weigh somewhere between 30-40 grams on their own” without the attached test equipment, were producing enough thrust to counteract the full force of one Earth gravity.

Another unusual result from their tests was that sometimes the tested devices did not require a constant input of electrical charge to maintain their thrust. Given that the device already appears to violate the known laws of physics by creating thrust without propellant, this result even stumped Dr. Buhler and his team.

“We can see some of these things sit on a scale for days, and if they still have charge in them, they are still producing thrust,” he told Ventura. “It’s very hard to reconcile, from a scientific point of view because it does seem to violate a lot of energy laws that we have.”

“You can’t deny this,” he told Ventura. “There’s not a lot to this. You’re just charging up Teflon, copper tape, and foam, and you have this thrust.”

man if this is real it should be hoverboards and ufos for everyone. and it seems simple enough that a lot of people should be able to replicate it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What if it's Segway all over again

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

D-Pad posted:

The universe is just so loving vast I don't see the need of it all if that's really what the situation is

what if we really are in a simulated universe and the underlying hardware keeps getting upgraded, so new features keep being added

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

if i'm here with purpose, given my bone deep dislike of this place, it can't be anything fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqJt_oXCM3w

I feel ya. just worked 80 hours for 1100 bones.

why

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

munce posted:

a few highlights from the space drive article:

man if this is real it should be hoverboards and ufos for everyone. and it seems simple enough that a lot of people should be able to replicate it.

The thing that excited me about that article (beyond the obvious) was that thrust that strong is going to be really easy to verify for 3rd parties. Unlike the EM drive which had a (claimed) minuscule thrust so all the tests were very contentious, it is super easy to prove/debunk. In fact, I don't see much point in making the claim if it isn't real. The EM drive claim was explainable by the inventors not properly understanding what they were seeing because the thrust was so small, but there really isn't any way they could be misinterpreting thrust this powerful as something it's not.

If it's real we are about to make some really big leaps. Hopefully it scales well because it'll be amazing for space travel but if they can scale it up for things in Earth's gravity well we are going to get some amazing new poo poo to play with.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

God I hope it's real. Seems like this guy has been around the block and they've been advertising this specifically for a few months at least

But Christ we could use a break

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvIwkRaq2mY

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sometimes I read r/experiences and I am so jealous of all these people getting to kick it with the spirit-ayys

When's my visit, friends

I'll share my energy and experiences for a ride off this rock

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

gotta get past desire i guess. havent got there yet personally but everything's a work in progress

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The carrot must remain just out of reach

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgDTuBxhvs

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

God I hope it's real. Seems like this guy has been around the block and they've been advertising this specifically for a few months at least

But Christ we could use a break

after the superconductor stir a while back im ready to be hurt again

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

you are a hairy porpoise

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A hairy porpoise of hoary purpose

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 04:26 on Apr 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU