Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Sometimes I read r/experiences and I am so jealous of all these people getting to kick it with the spirit-ayys

When's my visit, friends

I'll share my energy and experiences for a ride off this rock

honestly if anybody wants the best chance of forcing a bird encounter your best bet is go see the Marfa lights. The debunkers claim they are just reflections of car headlights but I've seen them with my own eyes and that's total bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

D-Pad posted:

honestly if anybody wants the best chance of forcing a bird encounter your best bet is go see the Marfa lights. The debunkers claim they are just reflections of car headlights but I've seen them with my own eyes and that's total bullshit.

i thought so too but then i got aftermarket headlights from aliexpress that, instead of illuminating the road, force the membrane between this world and the next to strain until shadows of the others are cast upon our dying earth

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://www.womensweekly.com.au/news/news-latest/ufo-hunters-australia/

quote:

While shocked by what she’d seen, the woman had the presence of mind to collect some of the strange green residue on her car with paper towels. Those samples are currently being analysed by scientists in Australia and the US. Initial results have confirmed that the residue contains a copper-barium alloy that “exhibited an unknown origin or standard arrangement ratio which is somewhat surprising and unexplained”. Scientists said it was unlikely it had come from a meteor and further analysis is being undertaken.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

and i thought ross was embarrasment enough for convict island, now we gotta deal with womens fkn weekly scooping disclosure lol

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
if it bleeds, we can kill it

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Sleekly posted:

and i thought ross was embarrasment enough for convict island, now we gotta deal with womens fkn weekly scooping disclosure lol

you will take your disclosure from the lady gossip magazine and you will accept it and love it

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

toggle posted:

you will take your disclosure from the lady gossip magazine and you will accept it and love it

i will! and along the way learn how to please my man its win/win

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

copper and barium makes me think a firework of some kind was involved

editL marfa deez nuts

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

The Protagonist posted:

after the superconductor stir a while back im ready to be hurt again

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Sleekly posted:

i will! and along the way learn how to please my man its win/win

release the orbs (and wonkers)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
as a kid I always imagined making anti gravity engines with various magnets and coils and just pumping electricity into them, it would be really cool if it were actually like that and everybody who figured it out just gets dissapeared by "getting hit by a car"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
assuming you’re talking about ning li she lived another seven years

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

D-Pad posted:

this is true

everybody including myself is skeptical of them and then you go see them and it's a very wtf moment

no clue what they are but it's not headlights

go see em

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'll be sure to check them out next time I'm in bumfuck nowhere texas

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

kind of lol at “i don’t know what these are but i know it’s not x”

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
marfa deez nutz

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

WEH posted:

gotta get past desire i guess. havent got there yet personally but everything's a work in progress
With the beings I've encountered at least, you kind of want to do the opposite of getting past desire. They are drawn to strong emotions and wills, be that hope, faith, anger, depression, fear, joy, whatever; cultivated with intention and purpose to meet them (I would recommend picking emotions you won't mind feeling a lot). Then, if that connection gets overwhelming at any point, I use my "moving past desire" Buddhist training to shut it down, pull myself back and remind us that we are eternal beings of light and nothingness; pain, fear, and all the rest are temporary illusions.

Even then the birds are tricky though. They've never done anything big and obvious long enough for me to gather much hard evidence of it, and most of the time they use subtle stuff in the environment or my head to communicate. Things that when I try to explain, are easy to dismiss as delusion, or just a funny coincidence. (But as many of us here know, coincidence is often just a disguise for synchronicity.)

Anyway, when disclosure finally fully unrolls, we won't need to go meet them because they'll be right here. :unsmith:

Women get poo poo (gathering evidence of nonhuman intelligence and tech) done.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'll be sure to check them out next time I'm in bumfuck nowhere texas

yeah lol I was there for a wedding but there is at least a cool observatory nearby you can go to and look at galaxies and Saturn and stuff through telescopes. there was also a good burrito place. Marfa ftw

mediaphage posted:

you just gotta go see em!!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mediaphage posted:

Don't be a debunker in here

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

basically earth is kind of like a slum for souls addicted to the physical and psychological realms. a soul slum*

* no disrespect to slums. mainly used the word for alliteration

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Don't be a debunker in here

now now this is a space for all views.

but honestly i'm not debunking anything, i just think it's silly to see something that one doesn't understand but then insists that it can't be this or that. our own senses are fooled all the time

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

mediaphage posted:

now now this is a space for all views.

but honestly i'm not debunking anything, i just think it's silly to see something that one doesn't understand but then insists that it can't be this or that. our own senses are fooled all the time

it's perfectly logically consistent to say "I don't know what X is" as well as "I know X is not Y." you can easily exclude possible attributes of a set without an exact definition of that set.

e: the hangup is on the reasoning because op didn't tell us how headlights are an excluded possibility. idk anything about this instance, I was just disagreeing on the logic.

Winkle-Daddy has issued a correction as of 15:13 on Apr 20, 2024

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't know what this is, but I know it's not a dog

Carp
May 29, 2002

Carp has issued a correction as of 15:19 on Apr 20, 2024

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

ur dog is sick

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Crunchy dog is still a kind of dog

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

you know a lot of ways to describe it already tho, don’t pretend you don’t.

that’s the thing about the lights; it seems like it’s been studied a fair bit and the evidence seems strong that it’s a natural phenomenon that magnifies what’s otherwise perhaps beyond visibility. but like idk i think there’s a kind of magic and wonder in that too; i just don’t see the need to decide it’s a supranormal occurrence

that sort of weird but natural phenomenon is a good fit for this thread too

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I will replicate the space drive in my parents basement, &drat the consequences (it has to be their basement because the power bill may be higher than expected)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I will replicate the space drive in my parents basement, &drat the consequences (it has to be their basement because the power bill may be higher than expected)

pls livestream for thread

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Article links a talk the guy gave. I don’t have enough electrostatics understanding to know how/if he’s bullshitting though. He’s talking in a very straightforward way and the involved physics don’t look very complex as a semi-layperson. someone crush my hope pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJjPi7uZ2OI&t=3696s
Should be timestamped correctly

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah apparently this came out several months ago and just now got picked up, conspicuously in time for them to secure critical patents for this system of composite layers that is essentially several kinds of cheap as piss chems slapped over each other and charged up. Hmm.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If it's real what's stopping me from going "gently caress ur patents I'm flying to Antarctica in my diy ufo" or whatever? Other than everyone has ufos now and we're just gonna implode the hollow earth for the preservation of money or some stupid poo poo

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

silent fireball arcs over car; witnesses forget about incident for over 20 years

NUFORC posted:

A friend and I were vacationing, driving across country after graduating from high school. We had crossed the boarder of Wyoming, headed in a westerly direction through Montana. We'd approached some foothills, exited off the I, and had taken a scenic, two lane road, bordered by trees on both sides. It was approaching dusk, still bright, but the sun beginning to recede. I was in the passenger seat with the window down, staring at the scenery. Suddenly, a fireball rose up from behind the tree line on the right side of the road, lolled over the hood of the car, and disappeared behind the tree line on the right, as if to crash. It made a nearly perfect arc over the road and our car hood, directly in front of us.

I believe I managed to count to four as the fireball appeared and disappeared, but my friend stated it was closer to three seconds in total sighting. To all remaining details we agree. The fireball was orange, regular flame color on top, but was a striking green on its underside and at the edges toward the front of the object. It looked almost as though the fireball "housed" a hard object; as though something the size of a VW Bug had been enveloped in flame and catapulted across the road. If one dipped a wadded piece of paper in gas, lit it, and swung it on a string in a slow circle, you'd approach the effect. It moved so slowly there was very little if any trail. The track it took would have made a perfect circle if one used the center line of the road as circle's center; the fireball entering our view seeming from directly behind the tree line, and descending directly behind the opposing tree line. It sputtered as well. The effect was similar to grinding a piece of pitted metal on a wheel. Sudden bursts of flame and sparks jettisoned from it.

From its appearance and close proximity, we would have expected the fireball to make a noise like an approaching express train, yet the was none. Part of the oddness of the event was the fact there was no sound whatever. We could hear ourselves gasping at the sight. My friend immediately pulled the car to the ditch, and we tensed, waiting for the sound of a crash or explosion. There was complete silence; not even a sound of birds or crickets. It was as eerie a silence as you could imagine. We debated on whether to leave the car parked on the highway and hike into the brush toward the fireball's point of decent, but decided not to. Equally odd, we discussed it for a few minutes, shook our heads, and promptly forgot about the event until five or six years ago. I have since scoured the web and books for pictures of entering meteors that looked similar to what we saw. Nothing even approaches it.

trio of connected cylinders in triangular formation hovering outside house

NUFORC posted:

It was the mid 70’s, and I was just 8 or 9 years old when just after midnight, I woke to the feeling that I should “get up and look out the front window.”

I walked down the hallway and the stairs to the living room, climbed up onto the couch, and looked out the window. It was after midnight but the front lawn area surrounding the object was illuminated by a bright white light; the craft hovered at about 25-35 feet from the window and about that high from the ground. The object was composed of 3 cylindrical tubes set one on the other in a pyramid form.

My father had been wall-papering the family room recently and the white tubes became my reference. I called out to “Come look, there’s wallpaper outside!”

When my mother arrived minutes later, they vanished.

What stays with me the strongest is the feeling that I had been summoned by the object—like it was checking on me and didn’t want to be seen by anyone else.

giant reflective sphere and four smaller spheres form up and then accelerate out of sight

NUFORC posted:

My siblings and I were watching a movie on a Saturday afternoon when my Dad, who was cleaning our pool, came into the Den and tried to get us to come outside to see UFOs. I was the only that went. As I stepped onto the pool decking I could see a spherical object, stationary in the sky. The sky was a bright blue that day with a cloud bank all around the horizon. The object was large enough that it looked black around the edges and highly reflective in the center. I realized that this was due to the extent of its’ “shine.” I noticed 4 smaller spheres (did not appear to be shiny but I assumed that was due to their smaller size.) I had the impression the main sphere was huge. All four came in at the same speed from 4 equal distances and stopped at the same distance from the main sphere. They all accelerated together and were gone in about 2 seconds behind the cloud bank. I have never reported this because I didn’t want to be labeled a “nut.” My Dad saw similar but just the large sphere. He had stayed inside trying to convince my Mom what he saw. I was 17 yrs old. I can still see this clearly in my mind.

classic saucer sighting

NUFORC posted:

I was sixteen years old at the time. We lived on a farm on Shirk Road, west of the city of Visalia. I was walking south along the edge of a vineyard when something caught my eye in my peripheral vision. I turned and saw three disks flying in formation about fifty yards east of my position and only about 20 feet above the tops of the valley oak trees growing on the canal bank on the north edge of the vineyard. Two of them were close together with the third following behind them.

They were shaped like truncated cones. They had the appearance of brushed stainless steel--a dull gray color. They were flying silently at about 30 mph. As I watched them, I had the distinct impression that they were also observing me. I can't really explain that sensation.

As I stood watching them, they floated over the vineyard, and then suddenly, they was a red streak in the sky, arching upwards and they were gone.

I was studying for the FAA private pilot's exam at the time. My father was an anti-aircraft gunner in WWII. When I was small, his idea of a fun time on Sundays was to go to the airport and watch planes take off and land. I can honestly say that I could identify practically every aircraft I spotted in the air at the time. These were not airplanes, helicopters, balloons or blimps. They were silent disks capable of silent flight and incredible acceleration.

The sun was still high in the sky, and they were plainly visible.

giant saucer creates huge gusts of wind as it passes over house in northern india

NUFORC posted:

A huge flat silvery white object flew a few feet above me in full speed towards Mussoorie a hill station ahead of Dehradun.

On a summer afternoon around 3.00 pm almost 50 years ago I was playing on the 1st floor of my house when suddenly a very strong wind started blowing the tall trees almost bowed down with its might.

I watched a huge gleaming white flat object zooming away a few feet’s above my head in unmatched speed towards the mountains ahead. I remember running inside scared and fascinated to report the matter to my mother who was asleep. My mother came out with me but by that time everything was calm around us. I reported this matter more than a decade back on Facebook and Google but I think it all went ignored.

huge luminous cylinder hovering over mall in DE stops traffic; results in "huge" chunk of missing time

NUFORC posted:

I was travelling up to Concord Mall on Rt 202 with two friends. We took the scenic route, Rt 92. I was 17 at the time. I remember we went around the last bend on 92 just before you get to Rt 202 and all these cars were just "stopped" along the curve, in their tracks. We stopped too. We got out of the car and looked up to see this GIGANTIC glowing object, just about where the mall would be, hovering over that spot. It looked like a huge cylinder, with a cone shaped end. It was glowing bright and incandescent. There seemed to be an electric humming sound, very faint. That is all I remember.

We didn't remember going to the mall. I don't remember talking to the other people who were stopped. I only remember driving home with my friends in silence.There seems to be a huge chunk of missing time during and after the event. I don't remember ever talking about it after that, except years later I did call one of the friends to ask if she remembered it. She did.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

euphronius posted:

basically earth is kind of like a slum for souls addicted to the physical and psychological realms. a soul slum*

it's all one slum maaan, a giant gutter in outer space

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
as the snow flies
on a cold and gray chicago mornin'
a poor little baby child is born
in the soul ghetto
(in the soul ghetto)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I can't believe it, I won't believe it, the superconductor fiasco really got me a bit excited despite myself!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Hooplah posted:

Article links a talk the guy gave. I don’t have enough electrostatics understanding to know how/if he’s bullshitting though. He’s talking in a very straightforward way and the involved physics don’t look very complex as a semi-layperson. someone crush my hope pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJjPi7uZ2OI&t=3696s
Should be timestamped correctly

idk i like that he’s like lol go test this should be easy for anyone to see

so it seems likely ish that you’ll either get confirmation or dismissal comparatively soon

i’m ready for redneck antigrav tho

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

It's almost certainly experimental error

If not, it should be easy to hook it up to a lipo on a little pinewood derby car or styrofoam plane and make it go. Apparently he isn't open to outside labs doing replication? Big red flag there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yesterday's episode of The Why Files was good. It was all about garage-made alternate energy and anti-gravity devices and how most of the inventors have gotten killed after filing patents. There's even a bit of Shadow Government shenanigans.