Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the American gov is completely corrupt on all
levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
anyone talking about ufos that simultaneously believes the US or it's allies are a force for good in the world are not to be trusted

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Tighclops posted:

anyone talking about ufos that simultaneously believes the US or it's allies are a force for good in the world are not to be trusted

That's correct

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Many posts, did someone achieve nirvana and get taken to nibiru

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tighclops posted:

also anyone who parrots the excuse "well what were they supposed to do but cover it up, what if the aliens were hostile"
as if they wouldn't have the power or foresight to just nuke us into dust if that was their whim

no, the reason it's got to be a secret is because they loving know it'd be the end of not just American hegemony (which is already... done more or less at this point) but the end of the powerful and the powerless
and they prefer to be the ones sitting on top of the skull pile than on level ground with the rest of us

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1783299074755526781?t=qnwelkkKC-F1QcdjHgYaJw&s=19

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i became enlightened and all i got was this lousy mü

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

When does the book come out?

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I can understand why they decided to cover it up during the cold war, I still don't agree with it but I get it. Times have changed and the world is different and there is no reason we shouldn't be getting disclosure.

Which brings up another point, disclosure. Anytime before 2017 we would have considered the government admitting UFOs are real to be disclosure. They've done that and we've realized it's not good enough, especially because they've now taken the line it's drones with a strong implication of being China's or Russia's. It also makes it harder to debunk both because some UAP are probably adversarial drones and because now any hard proof like radar data can be dismissed along the same lines. It's quite a brilliant 21st century update to the "nothing to see here move along crazy person" strategy and even more frustrating.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm not going to buy the Lue book*

*I'm going to pirate it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

again this doesn't really work if the corollary to that statement is "I was making all the money I did have explicitly by tricking you, my fellow human"

You didn't sacrifice anything, you grew a conscience out of a job that was actively harmful to your own country and citizenry
so finish the loving job, soldier

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lue should be actively grifting by offering $15,000 degrees in extraterrestrial studies like Sheehan is

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Christ, his buddy Mellon is worth more than 90% of the american population put together
don't play the woe is me card

you sullied yourself as a counterintelligence agent that acted against us
the truth is a powerful cleanser, Lue

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

again this doesn't really work if the corollary to that statement is "I was making all the money I did have explicitly by tricking you, my fellow human"

You didn't sacrifice anything, you grew a conscience out of a job that was actively harmful to your own country and citizenry
so finish the loving job, soldier

Going to ask again, and you are much more eloquent then I, can I repost this to him?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Also, I swear I read or heard something way back when Lue first became a thing that he saved his squad of soldiers with physic powers or something. Does anyone else remember this? I've always felt like it was strange that it was never brought up anytime he asks us to trust him on something.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

helta posted:

Going to ask again, and you are much more eloquent then I, can I repost this to him?

You have my full permission in perpetuity
I am just a mad man on the internet
in both senses

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

sharknado slashfic posted:

Also, I swear I read or heard something way back when Lue first became a thing that he saved his squad of soldiers with physic powers or something. Does anyone else remember this? I've always felt like it was strange that it was never brought up anytime he asks us to trust him on something.

He remote viewed something apparently, saved his squad or something

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think you are confusing him with Aragorn at Weathertop

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The lesson I guess is that selling out your species doesn't even make you rich

what's the point of it all, Lue

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s not immoral to make some money some times

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

You have my full permission in perpetuity
I am just a mad man on the internet
in both senses

https://twitter.com/Gibson163672/status/1783307533139992618?t=AY0YoZop4hPFaCNgxWuwGw&s=19

gently caress, Twitter rules are ridiculous, had to shave it down just to save space.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

euphronius posted:

it’s not immoral to make some money some times

It's not illegal but if you make it by lying/exploiting me I'm gonna call you a loving rear end in a top hat when you come around playing all "poor widdle me"

he's not sacrificing poo poo, he's making amends and he isn't done yet

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

this is part of why I don't trust lue honestly. I'm supposed to believe the government trusted this guy enough to read him into ALL SAPs then let him fall into poverty like that? I call bullshit

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

this is part of why I don't trust lue honestly. I'm supposed to believe the government trusted this guy enough to read him into ALL SAPs then let him fall into poverty like that? I call bullshit

Part of maintaining an active clearance is explicitly checking poo poo like "you're not financially exploitable" so yeah
unless he's completely excommunicado from the feds (which is clearly not the case, we know he was still on the payroll as recently as... what was it 2 years ago?)

he's just lying to us... again.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

maybe there were some tough times between his history channel series and getting back on the federal payroll? Hard to say

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’m going to buy the Lue book if it ever comes out

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

I don't think Lue ever made it into the club, at best he found the CR program(s) and who was/is involved and gates access, maybe some historical data. I don't think Lue has touched the biologics.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

helta posted:

He remote viewed something apparently, saved his squad or something

Yes, thank you I'm not totally crazy

euphronius posted:

I think you are confusing him with Aragorn at Weathertop

Also plausible

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

I don't think Lue ever made it into the club, at best he found the CR program(s) and who was/is involved and gates access, maybe some historical data. I don't think Lue has touched the biologics.

he never had a need to know those things. his job is COUNTER intelligence which lines up nicely with what his brainchild AARO turned out to be lol

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Tighclops posted:

This.

I'm not going to buy the Lue book*

*I'm going to pirate it
Also this.

Re: Enlightenment, that has been coming to to me too. I started a ritual for the Moon yesterday, which in Tarot represents enlightenment through confusion when reversed like this.

The Little Zen Companion posted:

Page 147:
"Barn's burnt down--
now
I can see the moon."

--Masahide

page 189:
"Enlightenment is like the moon reflected on the water. The moon does not get wet, nor is the water broken. Although its light is wide and great, the moon is reflected even in a puddle an inch wide. The whole moon and the entire sky are reflected in one dewdrop on the grass." --Dogen

page 197:
"We must endure our thoughts
all night, until
The bright obvious stands
motionless in the cold."
--Wallace Stevens

page 203:
"The rocks are where they are—this is their will. The rivers flow—this is their will. The birds fly—this is their will. Human beings talk—this is their will. The seasons change, heaven sends down rain or snow, the earth occasionally shakes, the waves roll, the stars shine—each of them follows its own will. To be is to will and so is to become."
-D.T. Suzuki

page 269:
"The thief left it there
there in the window--
the shining moon."
--Daigu Ryokan (The great fool)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Of all the people... Mellon... I think he's the only guy in the chain that had the position and the status to get the real picture

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Of all the people... Mellon... I think he's the only guy in the chain that had the position and the status to get the real picture

Mellon hosed a biologic

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

he was the only guy in the chain who had the position and flexibility, yes, we already established that

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Yup, that dude is connected and respected. He keeps on bringing up drones for a reason.... its easy to mention them until the characteristics of the "drones" behave. We don't have that tech yet. Non loitering that is.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

helta posted:

Yup, that dude is connected and respected. He keeps on bringing up drones for a reason.... its easy to mention them until the characteristics of the "drones" behave. We don't have that tech yet. Non loitering that is.

and if any admin in the last 30 years was gonna get the read in you gotta figure it was Obama's
you need a little fresh blood in the cabal every now and then and he showed really early on he was willing to play murderous ball for sake of the status quo

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Yes, thank you I'm not totally crazy

Also plausible

https://twitter.com/docdiscern/status/1448065912490311684?t=wTe08hmZzCxo84Px75ya5Q&s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

Mellon hosed a biologic

It was me

Fr though I "trust" him in the sense that I think he's the only one high up enough to have some personal reasons to be sure these drones aren't all drones.

No idea what to make of Grusch at this point, if he's grifting he's being pretty quiet about it, unless he's aiming for bigger fish then book buyers and Podcasters. And following that line of thought I'm not sure what to make of the Sol Foundation either.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ah perfect, that's where I read it. Like, that little anecdote just drops and no one ever seems to say anything about it.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

It was me

Fr though I "trust" him in the sense that I think he's the only one high up enough to have some personal reasons to be sure these drones aren't all drones.

No idea what to make of Grusch at this point, if he's grifting he's being pretty quiet about it, unless he's aiming for bigger fish then book buyers and Podcasters. And following that line of thought I'm not sure what to make of the Sol Foundation either.

Mellon spoke at the Sol conference and Grusch is fully part of the Lue/Mellon/Nolan crew, they're all tied up together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

someone asked :tinylue: about it once during an interview and he basically said “yeah, I don’t want to get all mixed up with a bunch of other stuff” and changed the subject