Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

Also, I swear I read or heard something way back when Lue first became a thing that he saved his squad of soldiers with physic powers or something. Does anyone else remember this? I've always felt like it was strange that it was never brought up anytime he asks us to trust him on something.

Slavvy posted:

Random scrub delta force guy: we're on a night mission why do you have speed dealer shades on??

:tinylue:: my vision is augmented *activates remote viewing implant*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lmao

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It was me

Fr though I "trust" him in the sense that I think he's the only one high up enough to have some personal reasons to be sure these drones aren't all drones.

No idea what to make of Grusch at this point, if he's grifting he's being pretty quiet about it, unless he's aiming for bigger fish then book buyers and Podcasters. And following that line of thought I'm not sure what to make of the Sol Foundation either.

Grusch is sincere in the same way that Nolan suggests Eric Davis must be (in that they are both openly on the autism spectrum and so don't really engage in deception in the sense that someone looking to actively manipulate you is capable)
He definitely saw a lot of poo poo, he talks the right talk for what I know of DoD compartmentalized work (which is admittedly very little firsthand... but not none)

He's probably at the same level as Lue or maybe a few steps beyond because he actually had the authority and mandate to dig a few layers deeper

but they still didn't let him gently caress the UFOs

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Grusch is sincere in the same way that Nolan suggests Eric Davis must be (in that they are both openly on the autism spectrum and so don't really engage in deception in the sense that someone looking to actively manipulate you is capable)
He definitely saw a lot of poo poo, he talks the right talk for what I know of DoD compartmentalized work (which is admittedly very little firsthand... but not none)

He's probably at the same level as Lue or maybe a few steps beyond because he actually had the authority and mandate to dig a few layers deeper

but they still didn't let him gently caress the UFOs

Interesting. I'm going to trick Lue into remote viewing me and then immediately step aside to reveal my Goatse poster.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Jazerus posted:

Also, I swear I read or heard something way back when Lue first became a thing that he saved his squad of soldiers with physic powers or something. Does anyone else remember this? I've always felt like it was strange that it was never brought up anytime he asks us to trust him on something.

Slavvy posted:
Random scrub delta force guy: we're on a night mission why do you have speed dealer shades on??

:tinylue:: my vision is augmented *activates remote viewing implant*

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

... and what has Lue actually accomplished in the last seven years?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Grey posted:

A book deal and a Blue Book-deal

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Grey posted:

Trust the Process.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ross is live for anyone who will eat the garbage like me knowing that it's just potato chips
https://www.reddit.com/user/BrushPass/comments/

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ross is live for anyone who will eat the garbage like me knowing that it's just potato chips

its very boring

every answer will be "I know a guy and ive talked to some people"

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Andorians or Bolians

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

I think Straton(sp) is the the key to all of this, he mentioned he was like able to unlock doors, but was eventually defunded. I think he was going to to be setup as the lead of Kona Blue, but things once again fizzled.

"JS: It was like building a business, was the analogy I use, because 2018 is when I was tasked to start building it and I knew what I needed. As you stated as I was walking on stage, you know, I’ve been involved in the other programs and knew the mistakes, and the paths that we should never go down. Because again, my job is to focus on that potential threat, potential concern…adversary, disruptive and emerging technologies, right? I keep jumping back to that. But it’s really looking at that technology. So, I knew I had a problem, you know, well before 2018 – because I’ve been doing this so long – of pilots reporting things. So, the first stop I made was, you know, with the aircrew, with a variety of the fleet-concentration centers (Any region of the world where large numbers of Navy ships congregate, such as Norfolk, Va. ~Joe) and talking to them and seeing where we’re at. And do they have data, right? Everywhere, I went…data, data, data.
And basically, that’s my customer. That’s who I’m looking in the eyes every day and saying, “We got this, we’re gonna try to figure out the answer for you.” From there, I gotta start trying to get those answers, so I need capabilities and authorities. And that’s where I went out to all of the, you know, across the intelligence community, to the other services, and walked in the door. And at this point, I was senior enough, rank-wise, that I can get in the door pretty easily. And I would go through the situation with them and make them understand that hey, “Here’s what we’ve got, and I need your help to try to solve this puzzle.” And I walked in knowing what I needed and I had an ask for every organization, just like when I asked to get Travis on the team. And I built out this infrastructure that, at the end of the day, was, you know, it kind of hurt me a little bit, in the recent news media, to hear, “Oh, what we need is an interagency, whole-of-government effort.” Well…I built that. And the government let it go away. And we started over again with the new group called AARO. So it’s frustrating, as a government employee, to go through and try to build up this thing, and [we] finally made what the government needs. And, you know, I’m briefing Congress about this whole government, interagency effort. I’m briefing all the way over to the White House. Everybody knew we had this thing, and it just fizzled away when I went away, when I went back to my regular job.
And I’ll explain that real quick, publicly. I was on rotation as a senior executive in the government and those positions don’t grow on trees. So Naval Intelligence loaned me to the DoD and the Pentagon, to lead the Task Force. That loan had an expiration date of January of 2021. So at the end of that loan date, my boss called me back said, “I need you here to do your job.” So I had to leave, and then, as I left, it’s kind of like, all the momentum fizzled away."

https://www.ufojoe.net/stratton-taylor-knapp/

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This dude just called Krishna "blue being from a vedic text"

I mean it's technically correct but

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i too have won insights of small blue beings beamed to me through the air when i was younger i watched the smurfs/ les schtroumpfs

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
If aliens invaded I'd be a kapo for them so fast they'd be startled by it. They wouldn't even have to ask.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the moon eyed menehune of crystal city passed through my body and gave me taint sickness

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

He said he regrets mentioning the giant buried UAP now.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Grey posted:

He said he regrets mentioning the giant buried UAP now.

it's easier to pretend to be ignorant when no one knows you have info

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lue is a bitchass. if u wanna get paid then ill throw you some bones for names, places and pictures

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

poisonpill posted:

someone asked :tinylue: about it once during an interview and he basically said “yeah, I don’t want to get all mixed up with a bunch of other stuff” and changed the subject

lmao

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

of the aliens not his wife

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

LOL, I’m enjoying this video I think, this dude knows so much about big balloons:

https://youtu.be/89h-seeWjs4?si=K0dNsNK3X9-NHWPd

it’s all sciencefriends

hellotoothpaste has issued a correction as of 10:42 on Apr 25, 2024

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

His Purple Majesty posted:

If aliens invaded I'd be a kapo for them so fast they'd be startled by it. They wouldn't even have to ask.

I've never read the book and didn't finish the show but at the end of the first episode of three body problem the Chinese lady gets a message like DONT RESPOND WE WILL COME AND RUIN YOUR poo poo she just immediately slams they "hey y'all" button anyway. I felt that.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

tbqh i thought the books were terrible. i didn’t care for the writing even a little bit; the best part imo was the take on the cultural revolution. the tv show was a lot better for me personally i think.

the woman who told the aliens to come was an academic jailed during the cr; i agree that it was a great perspective. like, not evil, just tired of all the human bullshit.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the books are rear end

well I only read the first and it was rear end

lots better sci fi out there

like Lue's book

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the book made me a big fan of the cultural Revolution which I am assuming was not the intention

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ye Wenjie did nothing wrong

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/patternspodcast/status/1783342116921389261
https://twitter.com/ShanDScott/status/1783434406784311782

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm ready

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

the American gov is completely corrupt on all
levels

my letter carrier is beyond reproach

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Ross’s ama won’t blow the socks off of anyone itt, but he did keep coming back to Lock Mart, energy breakthroughs, psionics/consciousness, and the three letter agencies interfering to prevent gov’t disclosure. If I were a citizen investigator, those are probably the connected topics that would move the needle forward, imo

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm perfectly fine with people writing books about supposedly secret poo poo that the world needs to know if it is basically

me, an intellectual posted:

okay this book isn't about what I haven't told you. Its about all the things I have already told you. This book is for the process and my proofs in a way that I can gather and better and more eloquently express my thoughts and experiences. If you find out something through my logic and reasoning etc that I hadn't said but pieced it together. Great. Share that. Don't tell people to buy my book to find out but quote it. At the same time though, I got to eat. This book is a way to monetize my experiences so I can survive off that instead of like, i don't know, do appearances between shifts at Target to pay rent/food. But if you think that's a moral or whatever let me crash on your couch for a few weeks and have some of whatever is about to expire in your fridge. Not asking much. Maybe a peppermint schnapps once in a while.
"

Only that exact quote. Nothing less. Nothing more.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
John Oliver video is out, it's extremely reasonable and mostly pushes against stigma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRdhoYqCAQg

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

you can't trick me into watching John oliver

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Tic tacs for the tic tac god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wVw5ByNb9c

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

that's actually... pretty drat good
it's even got the belly up tilt people said the old school craft had when they flew

I see you little man

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i tap my psionic land to cast Power Word: Peanutty

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

my bony fealty posted:

you can't trick me into watching John oliver

I tried to give yas a quick synopsis :)

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

XCOM was disclosure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

that's actually... pretty drat good
it's even got the belly up tilt people said the old school craft had when they flew

I see you little man

i mean it's tilted down and going to the left but i don't see this as particularly convincing of anything. parallax is a bitch. it's interesting but not really suggestive of anything imo