Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

my bony fealty posted:

word is Grusch's op-ed has been cleared for a while but none of the big outlets like NYT or Wapo will publish it and he doesn't wanna go small beans like The Debrief again, lol

Hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

word is Grusch's op-ed has been cleared for a while but none of the big outlets like NYT or Wapo will publish it and he doesn't wanna go small beans like The Debrief again, lol

That's not a particularly comforting sign

either it's not much of anything or it's something but the newspapers are bought of by intelligence

either of those is wildly disappointing

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Winkle-Daddy posted:

"gently caress bringing my poo poo to the Australian knob, again"
- David Grusch, probably

Ross is actually British and was raised in NZ before moving to Australia as an adult :eng101:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

either it's not much of anything or it's something but the newspapers are bought of by intelligence

It's probably both, but my guess is the "not much of anything" part is nothing that can be substantiated

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

Ross is actually British and was raised in NZ before moving to Australia as an adult :eng101:

that makes him that much worse

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

euphronius posted:

appears to be a flying coffin (harbinger of death ???)

advanced dildonic technologies to mystify and captivate the human population

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

sharknado slashfic posted:

It's probably both, but my guess is the "not much of anything" part is nothing that can be substantiated

assuming that the rumour is true

imo it’s the latter and they don’t want to risk appearing like a laughingstock (which lol shush now)

they don’t really have any room for that though considering some of the op-eds both have published in the past

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

oh no, what if the NYT or Wapo published an opinion piece full of laughable bullshit, whatever would these bastions of journalism do

it's 100% because they are state media and the Pentagon is telling them not to

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the big papers have always been spookshows

the u nited states pretends it doesnt have propaganda but seriously it doesn't even pass the sniff test without being a credulous idiot; the NYT, wapo, the cable news networks, etc. all in their own ways have allegiances to the state's priorities, and newer media not any better. alphabet and meta are in so deep there's no meaningful exemption: if you're an american business whose job is disseminating information, and you have a large viewership, you're tied into that apparatus big time

so grush better suck it up and publish where he's got an in is what i'm saying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we talked about this awhile ago but Jackie Gleason basically disclosed everything already

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
if that disc’s a-wobblin’, aitee be a-squabblin’

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

wobbling disks, pilfered orbs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Not just illegal but clearly a loving lie
https://twitter.com/LueElizondo/status/1783617428188021219

the government will not do the right thing
they cannot

they flaunt their corruption at every turn

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

oh no, what if the NYT or Wapo published an opinion piece full of laughable bullshit, whatever would these bastions of journalism do

it's 100% because they are state media and the Pentagon is telling them not to

i mean i don’t actually think the pentagon is telling them that; i think the papers are just credulous about government statements and always have been

same ending tho

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

mediaphage posted:

i mean i don’t actually think the pentagon is telling them that; i think the papers are just credulous about government statements and always have been

same ending tho

I don't know if this is an argument worth having but you realize that the DoD has an entire wing dedicated to how it interacts with media? like their job is to cultivate relationships and leverage them to the benefit of the state, and these relationships go really deep for "places of record" lol

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

they cannot

gently caress. It's so annoying.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Riot Bimbo posted:

I don't know if this is an argument worth having but you realize that the DoD has an entire wing dedicated to how it interacts with media? like their job is to cultivate relationships and leverage them to the benefit of the state, and these relationships go really deep for "places of record" lol

oh for sure, i just mean i think a lot of this is not a direct order, but people sipping at the IC teat and just going oh yeah that makes sense

i bet some of this is involves making some of the reporters feel like they're on the "inside"

ultimately the outcome is the same i think they're just using honey more often than vinegar

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

the big papers have always been spookshows

the u nited states pretends it doesnt have propaganda but seriously it doesn't even pass the sniff test without being a credulous idiot; the NYT, wapo, the cable news networks, etc. all in their own ways have allegiances to the state's priorities, and newer media not any better. alphabet and meta are in so deep there's no meaningful exemption: if you're an american business whose job is disseminating information, and you have a large viewership, you're tied into that apparatus big time

so grush better suck it up and publish where he's got an in is what i'm saying.

Meta is literally a DARPA program spun out to a "business". Lifelog ended as a program at the exact same time Facebook started, and Lifelog references have been found in Facebooks code base. The guy who ran Lifelog was an Iran/Contra dude too lol

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 02:00 on Apr 26, 2024

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

Meta is literally a DARPA program spun out to a "business". Lifelog ended as a program at the exact same time Facebook started, and Lifelog references have been found in Facebooks code base. The guy who ran Lifelog was an Iran/Contra dude too lol

I'm not sure I'm ready for knowing about this, although it would be the least surprising thing since my liver enzyme test.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i PROMIS not to explain it further

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

roll that beautiful epstins thraed footage

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

e nope. Bird

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

poisonpill posted:

roll that beautiful epstins thraed footage

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
worlds collide

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fractals within fractals

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Reality itself is best understood as a synthesis of this thread and the epstein thread and if you're not ready for that then you've got no business pretending you know what reality is tbqh

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

they cannot

reminder that Lacatski has said very plainly that the USG has a NHI craft and was able to get inside it

just a glitch that his emails are now gone I'm sure

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Riot Bimbo posted:

the john oliver segment is good
the john oliver segment is not available in my country

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

Reality itself is best understood as a synthesis of this thread and the epstein thread and if you're not ready for that then you've got no business pretending you know what reality is tbqh

the two threads make great signposts but at some point you gotta take all this and add your own stuff and make something new or something old new again if you really want to understand any of it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Spergin Morlock posted:

oh god that explains why his accent has been doing my head in

Also here's one for you P'ntys!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiM-sLinfiw

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
Synthing today. I bought a new mask. Mitri doesn't like the horse mask, but he tolerates this one. He's weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMilMA_iZ5c

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Sleekly posted:

the two threads make great signposts but at some point you gotta take all this and add your own stuff and make something new or something old new again if you really want to understand any of it

it's kinda like that island in Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom that you gotta shoot a zora scale thru to u nlock that dungeon. It looks like stupid loving nothing until your perspective is right. From the wrong perspective the pattern isn't readily discernable, from the right one you can open the gates to t he temple and fuckig ascend, teach the pollution monster how to have throat game and become the hero of time or w/e

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

the john oliver segment is not available in my country

vpn works fine. it must be a time issue given the rest of his eps go up after a month or whatever.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

the dot has been redlining for the past few days now

i’m strongly interpreting that the poo poo is going to hit the fan soon

make it so j’rooti

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the only reason I interpret the dot is because I was told not to. I wouldn't have even thought of interpreting the dot otherwise

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

thats what all you dot interpreters say. again, please dont interpret the dot. its not in yours OR my best interest.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

do not create joinder with the dot

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/RDRincident/status/1783705054069104827

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/GarryPNolan/status/1783618793237016813

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

helta posted:

thats what all you dot interpreters say. again, please dont interpret the dot. its not in yours OR my best interest.

all of these symbols to interpret are yours. except the dot. attempt no interpretations of it.