Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
UFOs are just the bleeding of advanced civilizations through dimensional drift. basically time travel but what we see isnt interacting with our physical plane, but within their own physical plane. they are far in our own future, but somehow existing side by side when traveling in their advanced craft.

i met one of them and he bought me a beer and did not try to gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Maximo Roboto posted:

Posadists get itt

hello

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Also the National UFO Reporting Center has a huge index of sightings indexed by state

people are still seeing crazy poo poo it never stopped

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i bet it's squids

never trusted those creepy fuckers

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

well then may i introduce you to "bigfeet are just neanderthal ghosts"

its like saying bigfoot is from the past

Time travelers are at least less silly than "interdimensional travelers" because the whole parallel universes thing seems even more ludicrous than time traveling, which is at least intuitively more understandable

Bideo James posted:

UFOs are just the bleeding of advanced civilizations through dimensional drift. basically time travel but what we see isnt interacting with our physical plane, but within their own physical plane. they are far in our own future, but somehow existing side by side when traveling in their advanced craft.

i met one of them and he bought me a beer and did not try to gently caress me.

There are infinite dimensions! What makes any of these other universes comprehensible to us? And why does this bleeding only happen through UFOs and not any other observed Fortean phenomena?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

The CIA and its precursors loved setting up vampire attacks in South East Asia.

They're still doing the same poo poo

i think this and ufo hobby nerds explains most men in black stories but not the ufos that are stunting on our n00b pilots

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

maybe we should try shooting the ufos with our big boy guns, just a thought

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Quite a few abduction/encounter episodes have the aliens transmitting messages about ecological collapse. When did climate change really enter public consciousness?

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Maximo Roboto posted:

Time travelers are at least less silly than "interdimensional travelers" because the whole parallel universes thing seems even more ludicrous than time traveling, which is at least intuitively more understandable

There are infinite dimensions! What makes any of these other universes comprehensible to us? And why does this bleeding only happen through UFOs and not any other observed Fortean phenomena?

i dunno man future cars are weird

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Bideo James posted:

I like this theory

I also dig the idea they're like the great old ones from dark tower and they drop into our reality for tourism/just to gently caress w us

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

It would be cool if UFOs were explained by a completely bizarre theory that no one thought of, like these are natural atmospheric creatures that can just move really weirdly.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

well then may i introduce you to "bigfeet are just neanderthal ghosts"

its like saying bigfoot is from the past

This is an actual hypothesis:

https://ghosthunters13.blogspot.com/2013/09/is-bigfoot-interdimensional.html

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

beep beep coming through whos all that out there i dunno this portal to your moms is taking too long

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

bigfoot tracks stop midstride because theyre geomancers and they can fall into the earth into giant tunnels through their own sheer will and dogmatic connection to the earth from constantly ingesting mimosa hostilis root

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

All physics after like 1920 is basically idle unfalsifiable speculation, garbage for the birds. Who are we to say the aliens aren't time travellers with that in mind.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I want star trek aliens. I know some folks want Independence Day aliens because they can't handle the thought of not being America to the whole universe

I suspect if we get any aliens though it's gonna be the roadside picnic sort that don't even care that we're here

they're just studying cloud formations or some poo poo on the way to a cooler species' planet

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bideo James posted:

bigfoot tracks stop midstride because theyre geomancers and they can fall into the earth into giant tunnels through their own sheer will and dogmatic connection to the earth from constantly ingesting mimosa hostilis root

Is this true? The specific root part I mean

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

alien 1: hey we gotta haul this supernova material to the other side of the universe so entropy doesnt hit sooner over there
alien 2: wanna stop by that one planet we passed that one time 64 million years ago and see if they got nachos yet?
alien 1: sure but we gotta pick up a few guys to jerk off while we're there

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Is this true? The specific root part I mean

try some and let me know

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I want star trek aliens. I know some folks want Independence Day aliens because they can't handle the thought of not being America to the whole universe

I suspect if we get any aliens though it's gonna be the roadside picnic sort that don't even care that we're here

they're just studying cloud formations or some poo poo on the way to a cooler species' planet

I think the odds of getting the Ferengi are better than the odds of getting the Vulcans.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
oh cool. I like this thread

https://youtu.be/9DdoAss2NBM

if any of you haven't listened to Dr. Turner's lectures, you should do that. She was a victim of abduction and spent years interviewing and painstakingly cataloging hundreds of abduction cases to look for commonalities. Haven't read her books but I've heard good things. There's also quite a bit of evidence in her lectures for the whole abduction phenomena being a psyop if you're into that interpretation, though she doesn't argue for that

she also died extremely quickly of horrendously aggressive breast cancer. Something to think about

e: forgot to mention all her books are on PDF completely free to download at her website

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Read passport to magonia too

Zisky
May 6, 2003

It's pretty wild that the media is actually entertaining this idea. On CNN right now they're interviewing a guy that wrote a book about John Mack.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

how the gently caress are you gonna bring up carla turner and not milabs

saucer newbies itt smdh

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

idiot nerd, looking at the ground: uhmmmm why would they come to this backwater gently caress of a world?

me wizened, looking at the stars: every planet is a shithole

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zisky posted:

It's pretty wild that the media is actually entertaining this idea. On CNN right now they're interviewing a guy that wrote a book about John Mack.

It's weird right?
Why is this all of the sudden acceptable popular news again after having been relegated to the fringe for half a century

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

idiot nerd doubting alien life: um life is rare and stuff and the universe is so much more vast, why would they be looking at us?

cool scientist guy scouring the stars with a device that lets him look back in time: wow cool stars! what if theres life out there?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's weird right?
Why is this all of the sudden acceptable popular news again after having been relegated to the fringe for half a century

I'm at least glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

And I've never been an x-files or want to believe type. But anyone that understands how media strategies work would be at least a little bit sketched.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zisky posted:

I'm at least glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

And I've never been an x-files or want to believe type.

Yeah, some things happen by chance but I feel pretty confident news is not one of those things
it feels very deliberate, like a slow trickle since that cigar asteroid came around

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

there are no aliens visiting earth and this is just a dumb psyop to distract you from the imminent destruction of the atmosphere by methane

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

some dude already figured out how out there in time and space to jump into a black hole and go back in time and scare the poo poo out of his kid as a ghost

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

there are no aliens visiting earth and this is just a dumb psyop to distract you from the imminent destruction of the atmosphere by methane

kinda unnecessary when we live in an age where everything already serves as a distraction

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Maximo Roboto posted:

kinda unnecessary when we live in an age where everything already serves as a distraction

Yeah... just like fuckin'... release a new iphone or push out another sacrificial sexual predator celebrity figure if you're running cover
why aliens

Zisky
May 6, 2003

I like that theory because it presumes people actually need to be distracted from climate change. Half this country thinks climate change is a conspiracy and the other half is content to let Democrats and their corporate backers dictate the response.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

nah its just a coincidence multiple countries governments have funded and created multiple science fiction endeavors in media to try to explain and understand phenomena and try to place itself as a fictional power against invading alien forces for the last 100 years.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

wow multiple video games talking about giant leviathan space-faring creatures in their lore

pure coincidence

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

whats that? culture has been talking about living creatures descending from the skies since ancient times? no way

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I for one welcome The Culture to Earth

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

the entire narrative is added value across multiple vectors my brother in posts, including any distraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

many cultures referencing dragons also

https://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/awful-link-4404/
https://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/awful-link-4452/