Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

mars is fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if mars is fake then where do mars bars come from

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

blatman posted:

if mars is fake then where do mars bars come from

yeah, where do the boys go ...

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There and be Venus bars too. Maybe Venus cups

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Slavvy posted:

I was gonna say the state of either planet either side of ours but that works too

I guess you can call me an optimist

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Riot Bimbo posted:

mars is fake

the moon is fake. I keep saying this in youtube live chats.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

coconono posted:

the moon is fake. I keep saying this in youtube live chats.

you're fake

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

for the last loving time mars is an identified object a ufo is an unidentified flying object get it right or suffer the consequences

Mars lacks nuts

That's why Snickers is superior

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Riot Bimbo posted:

you're fake

if you say my name 3 times in a mirror I show up and eat your snacks.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

If you shoot the moon with a sniper rifle it gets bigger

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Some say Mars is out there floating in space this very minute

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
i will destroy the planets if they keep mocking us like this

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Azathoth posted:

m̸̛̛͖̩̐̐̓̐̄́̆̑̕r̷͇͎͚̟̩͉̹̈́̐̀̌̉͊̎̏͝͝ͅ8̴̺̜̝̽̑̿̌͂̅̅̈͛̇͛͝f̵͚̣̰̔̇͛̒͐̎̃͌́̔̃́̑̽͝ ̸͍͙̟̯͎͓͖̫͚̏͑͒̏̓͌̃́̏͆͜͠͝a̵̢̡͇̰̖̎̑̉̆͗͠k̷̭̪̻̯̫̱͓̜̩̯̲̯̭̓̀͆͗̆̃̍̑̀͝w̷̨̧͔̭̪̎̉͌̽͊̌̌̃̏́͊̕͘͝d̸̨̰͈͈̪̥̜́̅̈́͑̋̋͛͗̊̀͆͜5̷̯͖̀͌̑̌̂̈́̒͋̕̚͘̚͝ ̷̪̪͕͉̈́̅͛̆̒͊͂̋̈́̇͋̀̊̕͠ų̶̢̣͍̙̜̠̯̖̻̞̀͊͋̄̃̍̅͐͘̚͜ͅͅ6̷̛͉͙̍̋̋͗́͗̆̄͗̚į̷̟͙͔̞̯̤͔͉͔̅͂̇̄́̄̒̈́́̒͘c̶̨͇͕͕̺̏̅̈́̅̀̃̊͐̾̋̄͋ͅl̵̡̨̞̙̣̭̫͚̻̥̰̘̘̂̾̈̆̽̽̕ǫ̸̛͓͙̫͚̙̆̂̿͋͛͌̽͝o̶͙͉̼͔͍͕̟̼͌͆͐́̈́̽̇̈͊̋̓́͗͝y̴͔͙̳͕̘̌̀͑̐̅̾͊̿͐͘͜͝ͅb̵̪̟͙̱̲̰͗͗͛̾̅̇y̵̧̢̢̭͙̤̩̺͙̥̠̞̐͋̂ͅą̵̭̩͎̹̫̗̣̔̌̏̅͜i̶̩̘͈̟̼̬̣̼͓̞̪̾̀̓͂̈́͛̅̇̑̾̌͜͜͝ͅ ̶̥̗̞̼̙̬̟̱͛̓̇̇̀̈́͐̒͂̎̈́̇͝͝͝.̶̢͍͔̻̜̙̮̺̯͓͈͎͕̹̃͋́̓̏͛̄̏̀̑͛̇͘a̴̠͑̅ẵ̴̯̖͎̯͉̯̘̫͎̺̱͗͐̃͋͂̚͝ḯ̶͈̲̱̭͙̟͎̗̺̳̠̯̼̂͐͌͝o̶̰̻̜̹͈̎̐̈̆̈́̾̀̎́̃ ̶̤̣̻̰͎̰͍̜̰̯̽͆͆ ̷̱̲̩͖̜̰̖̃́̈́́o̶̦͉͒́t̷̯̬͇̫̼̯̹̪̲̪͖͓̩̖̓͌͊̀̕ ̸̢̛̺̯̼̼̮̦̤͌͊̌̋̊̈́̎͠m̸̢̼̊͐̐̒͌̈́̑͘l̶̮͔̞̗̺̏͋̌̂̇͊̐͌͑̉ş̴̛̘̣͉̭͋̉͛̉͑̄͝ͅt̷͎̩̥̤̯̍̚i̵͚̝͝w̴̲̗̩̫̯̹̬͇̻̜̦̦̲͔͋̑́̓̓̑̍̏̾̕̕ ̸̛̮̝̲͕͇̘̑̋̌ͅͅń̵̛̛̤̤͒̊̓͗͂̃̐̀̾̊͠,̶̰͚̖̞̋͜r̸͍̫̰̓̒̾̎̅̌̀͊ą̶͈͇̻͕̘͈̂̅̿̍̈́̎͐͊̋̾͝͠ ̵̨̖͕̩̫̤̜̔͌͑͊̓̎̕͜ͅ ̶̜͋͂͗̎ ̴̧͖̻̥̝̜̮͈͎̟̺̲̦͎̑̍̓̈́̎̅̍̔͛́̔̌̀h̵̛̲̫̼̱͌̔̎͐̽̾͐́̅̄͐͆͠ņ̷̢̻͔͍̏́̉̈́̽͊̽͝ě̶̖͇̫͍̙̱̮͋ȏ̴̭̱̘̫̞̰̻̿͐̈́͌̏͊̽̄͘̚͘͝ȅ̴̡͍̮͕̘̀͗̇̆̾́͐͋̀̄͂͜ͅḩ̸̨̛̛̬̹̦̘̫͚͇̪̦̺̾̂͛̓̍́̏̐̅̔̅̓̕͜ͅg̴̛͈̞̗̠̩̘̮͗̒͊̈́̑̒́͜͜͝l̸̡̩̼͍̪̺̥̥̜͋̀̑͆͘̕ ̶̧̛̬̗̘̹͕̭̞̈̽̈̾́̀́͛͘ļ̴̢̝̫͕̱͍̲͇̲̆̊̃̅͑e̴̱̲͔̝̺̹̹̖̞͖̰͌͜ͅͅ1̸̡̠̼̜̝̱̊̓̍̈́̄͜͝ŗ̸̡̩̦̪̰̟̰͍̹̹̫̈́́́̉́̑ṟ̴̣̝͎̪̫̙̤̲͛̓̋̓̾̉͘̚ ̵͚̘͕̖̜̣̭̄̓͛̽̑͑̅̕͜͠t̸̻̄͋̕̚ò̷̧͍̲͙͚͚̮͙̬̟͚̺̣̈̂́́̽̿́̚͜ͅ ̸̙̣͔̏́̔͌̇̉̚͘͝d̵̡̛̛̰̗̣̔̌́͜ ̶̧͈̼͇̤͇̲͒ͅ4̶̡̢̮̗̎ṳ̸͎̱̙̟̘̬̳̜̘̺̤̋̃̆́̎͑̃̉̀̒̽͘̚ͅd̴̗̖̺͍͙̰̦͉͌̉͜s̸̨̧̛̬̻̠̤̦͍̠̭̯̽͆̑̑͑̽̾̐̍̎̀ͅͅB̴͖͕͇͔̺̼̐̄͋̓̃͛͝ő̵̡̜̤̞̣͚̜̅̀̈́̎̃̋̒̔̀͊̈̄͝5̶̢̝̪̝̘̟̬͉̺̗̯͔̚t̸͍̳̙̪̋̿̔̈́̓͆͐̏t̵̨̢͔̦̤̱̲̥͖̖̪͈̃̕ȇ̵̡̧͈̻̻͈̩͙̓̿͜l̴̡̫͎͖̮̱̒́͛̋̍̆̎̄͂͘͝h̴̼̣̯͋͐̅̑̿͜t̸̰̯͚͍̹̬͙̉0̶̡̢̨̧̖͚̞̘̦̮̹̠̂̊̑͗̂͑̐̽͂́̽͘͠u̶̡̨̱̺͖̣̜̬̝̯̎͛̔̕͘͝ ̶̢̨̼͖̹͇͚̗̝̰͕̣̠͐̾̏͘ͅp̶̬̎͋̆̈́͠g̶̛̛̜̝̞̮͗̽̒̊̂̋̋͌͋́͑͜͝ḩ̵̢̫͔̯̥̝̀̅̌ḛ̶̢̨̖̞̲̮͎̯͎̌̀̎̄̔̕.̸̢̙͙̹̱͚̟͙̤͍͙͔̤̦̙͗͋̓͌͐̇̾̍̽͘͝b̸̟̠̈́̓͗͊̈̚̕à̷̰͍͈̬͉̭̯̦̤̟̝̰̠̯̾̑̔͛͛̐B̴͈͕͈̝̼̋̋͜M̷̪̭̳͛̈́͌͗́̈́̎͌̏̄̈͠ ̴̲̝̹̗̮̰͕̺̱͍̤̫̏̊̋͆̓͗͛̇̿́͂̍ͅi̵̭̬̹͙̥͇͒̔̏͊̔̔̅͛̈́͋̕͘c̸͉̭̬̠̦͍͍͉͌͌͒͗͐͋̂̒́͜ͅp̴̢̧̫͎̝̪̖̖̭̥̉͂̎̉̇̅̐̽̈̔͌͝n̸̨̢̜̯͚̯̥̹͖̗͍̞̙͗͋ͅư̷̤̼̖̞̩͖̼̻͓͈̗̮̦̏̑͑̀̚͜͝͝s̵̨͍̳̼̜̩̖͙̜̾̿̆͌͋̀́̿́͆̚̕͝ĩ̴̟͙͚̻̮̼̏̓̈̿͛̌̚̕͝͝͠ḧ̵̜͙̍̇͗̐̇͒͑̕ḿ̷̨̢̤̺̭̦͔̩̤̆͗ę̶̤̪͈͓̱̣̞̱̝͍͇͕̏͜ǩ̶̛͔̬̖͈̞̳̠̠͋̈́͒̀̊̏̄͐͝͝ͅr̸̟̻̠͇͙͚͗̆̀ţ̸͉̝̥͚̹͍̻͙̲̈́́̆̈́̽͋́̌̑a̸͔͐̅̕ ̶͉̬͈̔é̴̻̖̠̈͜͝ ̶̧͉̭͂̓̿̑̒͝o̸̭̩̜̟̻̭͐͋e̷̬͉͈̪̅p̴̧̛̖̘̗̗͕̟͉͚͉̖͚̤̄̀͛͆̒̏̈̚͝ņ̷͎̭͍̗̪̞̟̙̱͓̲̫̮̩͂̅v̸̧̯̳͇̠͚̝̮̣̊̿͒͆̒̋̇̄̅̓̔̑̎̕͝ͅc̵̖̗̰͙̉͛̆́̔̍͂̎̒̕̕ͅa̶͉͔͖͖̻̼͈̰̭̪̮͓͖̍.̶̡̞̟̹̤͈̳̗͖̈́̕͜ ̴̬̯̻̤̤̰̓̓͊̈́̐̿̂́́̀̅̃͜͠ ̴̺̞̳̮̭̟͈͍̯͙̯̻̃͌̾̓̽̇̒͒̆̚0̸̨̢̙͉̩̰̳̲̓̿͆͊͗̕̕͝ţ̷̟͍̠̗̻͎̭̳͙̝̈́̊̽ŏ̷͓̻̲̲̝̗̲̠̫̰̙̤͐̚:̵̛͇͍̭͙̬͚̭̦͍̳̟͐̃͊̿̔̋̓̓̒͐̌͛͝͝ ̵̝̣̳̜̣͔̤̙̟̈́́͂̂̊͑̒̽̒̾͗4̸̮̏̀͜t̶̪͎̘̰̿̇͐r̴̡̨͎͖̪̮̲̰̬̼̗̣̞̍͂t̷̰̜̙́̂̌̎͜ú̵̙͍̟̣̼̺̘͖͍͎̋͝ͅ ̴̧̗̩̲̫̣̼̰̝̦̹́̄̓͗̎̇͠d̵̛̞̳̩̫͚͙̎͛̈́͋͋͗́̎̈̓͝ȩ̴̧̧̲̞̫̓̒͊͊́̂̀̌̓͒͌͋͝ç̸̙̖̯̮̭͔͔͇̱̱̳̟͛ͅ4̷̢̧̛̰̫͇̬̪͙̠͈͉͔͒̆̎͂̋̅̿͛̈́̈́̚͘.̶̛̳̗̊̔̀̽̿̈̈́̕͠͝͝r̴̪͙̘̲̖̎̃̚̚͜ ̷̬̫̦̳́͆̿̏̍͛̓͑̆̃́͛̚ ̴̢̯̣̲̣͕͙̖͆͗̾t̸̢̞̻̞͔͔͙̩̣̭͎͔͊ȩ̴̡̛͕̼̻̥̳͐͊̒̅͐̿̓͒͂̋̊͛͠͠ủ̶̩͖̗̰̳̦̣̬͖͓̮͚̆͛́̃ͅę̴͍̱̟̯̲̞͙̥̬̫͖̿̀ ̴̠͉͚̖̜̞̖̞͇̠̙̪̯̍͛ͅọ̵̡̹̲̰̭̘͎͎̭̎̒̋͌̔̊̀̋̏̋͆͊͘̚̚l̶̼̥͙̘̖̫̼͇̖̤̙̭̬̄̏̍ ̵̢̛̼͎͙̇͒̈́͗̒̉̂͑̾ ̶͙̗͕̬̱̟͈̆́̍́͛̕͝8̶̞͖̞̯̋̅͐̈́͂̑̆̑̔͋̃̆ͅ ̵͕̝͗̆̽͗̔̀̅̓̃̄̄̿͌̚͠ȩ̵͈̼̩̠͉̠̤̖͍̺̯̽͂̀͐̍́̂͜ͅt̵̢̢̧̛̤̼̺͈̹̜͔̯̫̙̺́͐̄ͅw̶̧̒́͝͝ļ̴̨̛̛̝̯̣̠̟̗͎̼͔̲̇̎͂͋̃͋̎̈́̀̔͜ḩ̵̨̨̝͎̩͓͙̤̰͖͇̦̬͊̌̃͜͠͝ṅ̸̢͚̻̻̮̫̼̰̬͖̞̰̉̽͂̐͛̎̽̄́͘͘͝l̶̝̻̰̦̮͓̘̤̟̮̦͍͆͗i̶̢̽͊̅͒͗̉̀̂̕͘̚͝ ̵̧͖͓̣͍̭͇̲̯̠̘̈́̌̆́̌̑͆̔̄͊h̶̯͂̓̀̓̃̑̄̇̀̚̚͝ ̵̛̙͍̻̩͈̮͕̱̙̲͖̣́̄̿̾̌͆̐͛̄̾͒̕͘ͅt̵̗̥̖̞̺͓̭͎͔̹̪̣̤͑͗̃ͅͅn̷̡̰̯͉̪̠̯̰̫͈̺͈̞͊͊̽̽͘͜͠i̷̡̫̭̖̭͈̜̯̗͖̱̟͊̆̐́̄̄̚͝ḷ̸̭͎̼͊̓̅̈́̈͌̈́̊̅͋͒͐͘͠ ̶̢͖̺͇̗̙̗̺͙͚̃ͅr̵͇̜̰̘͎̍̀́̾́̇i̷̢͚͔̜̔̔̂̊́̚͠g̶̢̢̯͉͈͈͔̯̘̞̙͌́͋ņ̷̡̝͈͍̱͉̗͚̜͔̞̩́̌̉͂̌͂͂́ͅ ̶̢̛̳͎͎̥́̃̽̌̂̃͗͌̋̎͊ẽ̴̳̫̪̥̞̆͛̀̽̑́̔̋̆͒͘P̶̡̥̮̠̠̫̥̟̳̺̜̺̌͑̑̑̈̒̚e̶͓̙͌͒̃̑̓̔̔̔̈́ ̶̰̖̼̰̼̦̠̣̗̫͎̥̼͙͕̎̓̋͌̈́̄͠ ̶̗̬͉͕͕̘̦̳̟͉̤̖̋̐̓͌̋̂̌7̸̡̥̪̥̥̽̓͋̓͗ͅ

Yeah I honestly think Three Body Problem is going to be the next Game of thrones in terms of blowing up in popular culture. And this will coincide with a general lurch towards aliens in popular media and public interest. And then there will be promises of a great proof of alien. And then ????

E:
Caller: so are you born again, art?
Art Bell: I believe in God.
Caller: that's not what I asked.
Art Bell: yeah I know.
Art Bell: wildcard line, you're on the air.

Lampsacus has issued a correction as of 16:06 on May 1, 2023

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

going back to some of the older art bell tape vault stuff from the nineties and drat, he was saying some pretty right wing/libertarian poo poo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

had a dream that was basically death stranding + mgs 5 where somebody like Fragile was my boss and my job was to cleanse areas that had ghosts + the dead in them for temporary rest. like usually i chose small rooms, and I'd do my thing so the other workers could hang out there. The ghosts/the dead could still enter, but a properly set up area would naturally repel them, and if they entered they'd take us to be ghosts larping a long-extinguished life, so you'd have to roleplay a bit

it was like some kind of phenomena that would roll in like the tide, and it would make stuff like the astral realm more real, but because the world was post-apocalyptic, death was everywhere, so where that "tide" was high, there was an abundance of the dead and most of them were feral

at the end I am running, being chased by these liminal beings, but also like guys geared up like futuristic spec ops operators, and I get away and call a ship that picks me up in a tractor beam, like a crescent moon shaped craft just lifts me up near a shipyard, and when I get to an orbital base there's someone that basically looks like Fragile waiting for me, smiling.

anyway i wanna live in that dream

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Delta-Wye posted:

i searched and i found some literature about this! it's out of print, but i was able to get a copy off of amazon. i will report back in a couple days with what i learn

this book was everywhere in the 90s. is it the reason why the older generation is hosed up?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Rickshaw posted:

this book was everywhere in the 90s. is it the reason why the older generation is hosed up?

https://listen.stitcher.com/yvap/?a...isode/211219589

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Newfound 'brain signature' linked to multiple psychiatric disorders
https://www.livescience.com/health/...urce=SmartBrief

quote:

Young adults with multiple mental illnesses may share a common neurological "signature," new research suggests.

The study, published April 24 in the journal Nature Medicine(opens in new tab), builds on a concept known as the "general psychopathology factor," or p factor, which studies suggest is a consistent pattern of psychiatric characteristics seen in patients with multiple mental disorders. However, the p factor doesn't explain whether these behavioral patterns have a neurological basis, meaning they can be linked to structural or functional features of the brain.

In the new study, researchers created a neurobiological counterpart to the p factor that they call a neuropsychopathological (NP) factor. Using data from a large group of adolescents followed into young adulthood, the researchers identified specific patterns of brain connectivity tied to symptoms of psychiatric disorders.

Kinda bummed this isn't the caudate nucleus-putamen area

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

psycho power makes you a body hopping super villain in video games but crazy irl

it's unfair i tell ya

here's a good summary of the sobering https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/134o55e/has_anybody_heard_this_yet_some_new_lue_elizondo/

quote:

I think people give him way too much poo poo for this. He doesn't make "official statements" but he does hint at pretty specific things now and then, things that are absolutely sobering.

He hinted at the soul being a real thing, that who we are is not just our brain. He hinted that even if he had brain damage, "I'm still Lue", that there's something deeper that makes someone someone.

He hinted at basically a sort of invisible spirit realm were constantly in. He said that we used to only know about plants and animals, then someone discovered microbes and we found out there was an entire world of invisible life around us - and that if you took the biomass of all that life and added it up, it's more than the other kingdoms combined.

He basically said there was another world of invisible life all around us that we can't sense, that it's the next generation of "microbe" type discovery. He said he saw proof at the Vatican.

He hinted that we're much much smaller of a lifeform relative to that sort of life, way smaller than we thought. It's almost like he was saying relative to complex life, we're like microbes. He was talking about how if you were floating in space, you only know your size relative to other objects. You see another man floating in space, and you believe you're the biggest thing in the universe. But what if you're not? And after talking about this invisible life, seems to imply we are much smaller than it.

He also said that "what if the history of mankind... Was not exactly what we thought". Very vague in this instance, but still, that's some clearly sobering poo poo to realize.

He's said along with Jim Semivan, "what if we're not the Apex predators we think we are. What if we are in fact, 2 or 3 steps down the food chain". That's pretty specific, and loving sobering.

He's said CE5 works but you don't want to do it. He's telling us meditating can call them over and that it's essentially dangerous. This loving statement alone proved to me telepathy in context of the phenomenon isn't as crazy as I thought. He's said poo poo that opened my mind, and it was not vague.

Yes, he doesn't make "official" statements, not like "I learned so and so as a director of AATIP". But people aren't listening to him if they think he's being too vague and not saying a drat thing. If you actually watch his interviews, sometimes he gets pretty drat specific and it's clear what he's inferring, even if he's not officially stating it. People aren't paying attention if they think he hasn't said some heavy poo poo.

People give him way too much poo poo about being vague. He's leaked a hell of a lot more than people imply. It's just, wtf do you do with that knowledge? Nothing. It changes nothing about our lives. It isn't hard disclosure. It won't give you any new knowledge to act upon.

I think that's what bugs people - "if you know so much why don't you tell us!" But that's not really what people are asking for. They want life changing proof that opens everyone's eyes. You're not going to get that from a loving podcast, but you will hear some insider poo poo that shows he's talking whether people says he does or not.

He does say poo poo to people that listen. But to listen you need to sit through hour long interviews. I don't blame people for not listening, but let's not pretend he doesn't say heavy poo poo. And people might not like or believe what he says, and that's fine, but he is talking.
what's most sobering for :tinylue: is that his beloved murika aint poo poo in the real hierarchy of power

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Tekne posted:

psycho power makes you a body hopping super villain in video games but crazy irl

it's unfair i tell ya

here's a good summary of the sobering https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/134o55e/has_anybody_heard_this_yet_some_new_lue_elizondo/

what's most sobering for :tinylue: is that his beloved murika aint poo poo in the real hierarchy of power

tired of all this "hinted" stuff being reported as news

flush the bowl on these turds

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

anything ever happen with Garry Nolan's buddy's evidence of a shadow biosphere

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Tekne posted:

it's unfair i tell ya

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

my bony fealty posted:

anything ever happen with Garry Nolan's buddy's evidence of a shadow biosphere

Not yet. Getting something through peer review, especially as dramatic a claim as that might be, can take some time

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Lue, Radar, Orb and Ra will see us through

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

:tinylue: is such a carrot dangling cuck

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

New gangtag with this image and the words "I want (you) to believe!"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BMs1iFG2hg

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

if half of what Lue "hints" at is true and he hasn't come out and said it yet he's a traitor to the species

and hell, maybe rightfully so, but the fact remains

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

if half of what Lue "hints" at is true and he hasn't come out and said it yet he's a traitor to the species

and hell, maybe rightfully so, but the fact remains

He's hinting you should buy his book

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

balloon chat is BACK baybeeee

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/1653112156886294535

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ohooo yes, that's what we need to start May

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

the secrets of the universe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZg8E72xXFA

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

traitor to the species

True of all anti-communists

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ba :tinylue: ns

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Let it be

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

every good patriot is a traitor to the species

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

New month, new sky trash.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
People in comas showed ‘conscious-like’ brain activity as they died, study says

quote:

“It may be activating internal covert consciousness, bringing out memories of the past, it could be a brain survival mechanism, we don’t know,” said Borjigin.

I keep seeing this in regards to stuff like nde's etc but how or why would the brain have selectively evolved a survival mechanism which kicks in at the point of death? Surely useful traits have to be present at the point a living thing is able to pass them on to the next generation, not just before they kick the bucket and are of no use to anyone?

I guess another way to explain this which makes more sense is that the brain is merely a receiver and not the source of consciousness. Nicely explains terminal lucidity too.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

mr_jolly posted:

People in comas showed ‘conscious-like’ brain activity as they died, study says

I keep seeing this in regards to stuff like nde's etc but how or why would the brain have selectively evolved a survival mechanism which kicks in at the point of death? Surely useful traits have to be present at the point a living thing is able to pass them on to the next generation, not just before they kick the bucket and are of no use to anyone?

I guess another way to explain this which makes more sense is that the brain is merely a receiver and not the source of consciousness. Nicely explains terminal lucidity too.

I'm on board with the brain being a transceiver and I've posted some interesting links along those lines in this thread a couple times but it didn't get much interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

speaking of power, this is some crazy rear end footage taken with some very expensive kit and high altitude https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/134v20z/recorded_at_34000ft_using_pvs14_gen_iii_night/

im not entirely ruling out satellites but the density of objects, strange movements, and bright lights got me pondering