Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
getting blasted at the US Official party and driving afterwards and telling 60 minutes it was a top secret ray gun when i got pulled over rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I dunno... Just having worked with feds long enough I am inclined to say there's something weird to the Havana syndrome stuff, if for no other reason than the portion of the workforce I've worked with I know to be among the highest functioning alcoholics in the field.

I'd trust them to know the difference between a hangover and something not self-inflicted to the point where it would not escalate to this level otherwise

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I dunno... Just having worked with feds long enough I am inclined to say there's something weird to the Havana syndrome stuff, if for no other reason than the portion of the workforce I've worked with I know to be among the highest functioning alcoholics in the field.

I'd trust them to know the difference between a hangover and something not self-inflicted to the point where it would not escalate to this level otherwise
I'm pretty skeptical about it still. I mean, maybe they're under psychic attack or something (hopefully). But there are also a lot of financial incentives in acting like you have some strange new illness that needs a lot of research and healthcare money to treat.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's fair and I completely understand the assessment it's just hard for me to imagine given that the career feds I know are the true believer sorts. The sort of people who talk about "the mission" and "honest day's work" and nonsense like that.

Like I don't think it's Russian psychic warfare but I would 100% believe the embassy is too close to a power substation or something stupid like that

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

That's fair and I completely understand the assessment it's just hard for me to imagine given that the career feds I know are the true believer sorts. The sort of people who talk about "the mission" and "honest day's work" and nonsense like that.

Like I don't think it's Russian psychic warfare but I would 100% believe the embassy is too close to a power substation or something stupid like that

I'm all for the havana syndrome investigation to inadvertently prove that living next to power lines is bad for you or chemtrails or something like that

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
lol there's no way they found my voodoo dolls.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
if I'm gonna believe the former icig about Grusch, I guess I can believe natsec lawyer Mark Zaid about about the secret brain gun or w/e. only seems fair.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I often psychically assault government employees and elected officials. Particularly the ones that denied me my full unemployment benefit having paid vacation time left over was “double dipping”

I’m dropping psychic safes on these mfers in the astral realm.

anyway, I made some spooky ufo music with my computer that’s perfect for getting blasted and playing final fantasy x(it gets real wild 30 mins in):

https://www.youtube.com/live/N2CTRa3mExM?si=bBhlwzFLl7mGwumL

the gods are real, the moon is fake.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
goon psionicists i had a weird dream that needs analyzed

in this dream i was in some kind of superposition of different life stages or something because it started off
  • the pope arbitrarily came to town to give mass with a bunch of priestlings which was obviously a big deal and rarely happens, but it was some real dune poo poo like as if guild navigators or the emperor decided to just show up one day.
  • my new and super hot gf (:jerkbag:) somehow didn't know you're not supposed to bang extramaritally and then go get communion without confession but gently caress the rules i don't particularly think jesus would care overmuch.
  • i was being trained as an actual exorcist or theologian of some kind, but instead of being poo poo was actually an important job for some mysterious reason.
  • they were legalizing weed in basically every state, many such cases. Some, i assume, were good reasons. "Weed lifestyle" stuff was cropping up as various kinds of popular products?
  • you could buy these packets of powdered "dirty bong water" which was a brand, and didn't taste like revolting actual bong water but was this weird bigass packet of like off-green powder that smelled amazingly good. My sister i think had one that was cayenne and you mixed it with hot water or put it in soup. It was eighty loving dollars. It did not in any way get you high.
  • The whole thing was this weird melding and interswitching of life eras and various people and places i knew and sort of still know. really hard to describe this part. kind of concerning

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Psychotronic weapons have been a realm of speculation and clandestine research for half a century. If they're developed at all, they're probably pretty well developed.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Assuming there's any mechanism or even a lead to start on getting at one. What the gently caress would it be?

Where do you even begin?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

SniperWoreConverse posted:

in this dream i was in some kind of superposition of different life stages or something because it started off
  • the pope arbitrarily came to town to give mass with a bunch of priestlings which was obviously a big deal and rarely happens, but it was some real dune poo poo like as if guild navigators or the emperor decided to just show up one day.
  • my new and super hot gf (:jerkbag:) somehow didn't know you're not supposed to bang extramaritally and then go get communion without confession but gently caress the rules i don't particularly think jesus would care overmuch.
  • i was being trained as an actual exorcist or theologian of some kind, but instead of being poo poo was actually an important job for some mysterious reason.
  • they were legalizing weed in basically every state, many such cases. Some, i assume, were good reasons. "Weed lifestyle" stuff was cropping up as various kinds of popular products?
  • you could buy these packets of powdered "dirty bong water" which was a brand, and didn't taste like revolting actual bong water but was this weird bigass packet of like off-green powder that smelled amazingly good. My sister i think had one that was cayenne and you mixed it with hot water or put it in soup. It was eighty loving dollars. It did not in any way get you high.
  • The whole thing was this weird melding and interswitching of life eras and various people and places i knew and sort of still know. really hard to describe this part. kind of concerning
It says to me how deeply the catholic church is involved in the alien question. (The Vatican has known about the others for centuries, they just consider them demons.) And part of that involvement is social control, through rituals like communion, as well as through backing secular dream (energy) control methods like lovely, mass-produced weed.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

quote:

you could buy these packets of powdered "dirty bong water" which was a brand, and didn't taste like revolting actual bong water but was this weird bigass packet of like off-green powder that smelled amazingly good. My sister i think had one that was cayenne and you mixed it with hot water or put it in soup. It was eighty loving dollars. It did not in any way get you high.

Lmfao this is so realistic it hurts

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

That's just matcha!

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

you need to get high, fight evil*, and doing this will make the past not hurt so much (but still the same) and the future a thing to enjoy is the line i trace thru that. good luck!

*you probably already know what form this is for you

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

We don't really have a basis for judging the authenticity of Havana syndrome. If the gov knows anything they aren't sharing. Like the alien stuff.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I saw leave the world behind. It’s pretty good if you are a thread enjoyer and haven’t seen it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Isn't that the Obama joint? Is it to be trusted?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s just a good thriller or whatever . post apocalyptic thriller. it’s well made

the focus on rich people is kind of dumb but it works thematically

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

Assuming there's any mechanism or even a lead to start on getting at one. What the gently caress would it be?

Where do you even begin?
Everyone forgets about the cricket sound reported during Havana Syndrome cases. It's all jokes about hangovers and smoke detector batteries, but what could be causing that chirp sound that's been reported so often?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
dunno but sometimes my left ear does a clicking sound by itself that is for certain not tinnitus in any normal sense
also it's the left side of my brain that's the malfunctioning source of seizures

:tinfoil:

it could alternatively be actual crickets?

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

that's the sound of ur brain melting

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I can pop my ears manually at high elevations. I guess it's inner ear muscle control. I'm probably immune to havana

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Human.Frank posted:

Everyone forgets about the cricket sound reported during Havana Syndrome cases. It's all jokes about hangovers and smoke detector batteries, but what could be causing that chirp sound that's been reported so often?

could be grasshoppers or locusts

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I can pop my ears manually at high elevations. I guess it's inner ear muscle control. I'm probably immune to havana

Me too! Tensor tympani muscle control is apparently a very rare ability so any other mutants shout out. I wonder if there's a weird overlap with bird folk like being blue eyed with central heterochromia or left handed or former GATE kids or something

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

yep, the cia all got blasted with commie brain zappers and then they came down with morgellons. a damned shame

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

i am left-handed and have acute control over my tympani muscle, where do i sign up for the school for mutants that can drown out the sound of management on command

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Dear dream journal:

I had a weird dream last night.

I kind of had a little bit of a weird moment listening to a hemisync part earlier in the day, it didn't work as usual but it did put me into a very relaxed state and after like 45 minutes of just silence I had a moment where my body felt numb and my vision, which is usually just black with static, went extra intense static and the blackness became a grey 3 dimensional sort of room, i felt myself being kind of pulled into it but it stopped as i made myself aware of it. It was in that in-between waking/sleeping state, it felt very much like one of near-oobe experience i've had earlier but without seeing myself float upwards this time.

That wasn't the dream I just wanted to note that it happened before the dream.

It was kind of a videogame-y thing where I was part of a larger party venturing into a pyramid, pretty sure it was said to be some Egyptian sounding named pyramid but I can't remember the name, the party was made up of a number of characters some of them people i've known but don't anymore and others not, a couple of dogs were with us. One of the guys thats "real" had a sort of power armor on, as did one of the dogs. As we got to the end we encountered a sort of lift system to go to the very top of it but the guy with power armor had some kind of malfunction and couldnt come up with the rest of us. Nothing really happened at the top for us, but it was noted that it was weird that we were somehow not in the pyramid anymore and the party was scattered, like there was some sort of piece of missing time we were aware of but couldnt remember. we were unable to locate most of the party members. We did find the guy in the power armor and talking to him he was very nervous about the whole thing. Bunch of details I could write but it'd make it longer that it'd have to be.. In the end it turned out he'd gone up after us without the armor on and told us not to go back. He looked at me intently and went over to a closet door that was sort of a sliding mirror thing and asked me "would you rather it be closed off like this, or for it to be fully opened, like this" and he opened it, and as he and i got reflected in the mirror I could see a sort of creature, looked like a mix of a java from star wars and one of the aliens from communion, perched on his shoulder. The implication was that whatever we were spared of not remembering, he got the full deal of and it wasn't good.

[*]i was being trained as an actual exorcist or theologian of some kind, but instead of being poo poo was actually an important job for some mysterious reason.

hey i think i have a job for you

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 15:44 on Mar 29, 2024

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Where do you even begin?

tin foil

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Failson posted:

Is Riot Bimbo okay?

Hope you are doing OK, Riot Bimbo. Whatever you are going through right now :glomp:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Me too! Tensor tympani muscle control is apparently a very rare ability so any other mutants shout out. I wonder if there's a weird overlap with bird folk like being blue eyed with central heterochromia or left handed or former GATE kids or something

Its you opening your auditory tubes and equalizing pressure between your middle ear and the outside environment. Pharyngeal muscles are under voluntary control

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

A couple of nights ago I saw a series of objects streaking across the night sky from the western horizon up, disappearing one by one. Like a sparse string of pearls.

It was very probably a stupid starlink constellation but I wish it was literally anything else.

Thanks for reading! mystical blessings~~~

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Oh so that's what it's called.

Are you joking about the rest? Because I'm blue eyed with very mild heterochromia, left handed, and was a gate kid.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Oh so that's what it's called.

Are you joking about the rest? Because I'm blue eyed with very mild heterochromia, left handed, and was a gate kid.

I'm blue eyed, center heterochromia, left handed too, can move my left ear (but not the right though) and pop my ears at will.

The GATE people never found me though since I don't live in the US. Never saw a bird neither. Only dabbling in magic and cartomancy.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

I thought this was something everyone can do. But I'm blue eyed with gold irises. Didn't know what a gate kid was. Looked it up and yeah I was in those classes. Not left handed though.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Hope you are doing OK, Riot Bimbo. Whatever you are going through right now :glomp:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Wait, I can do that. I didn't know that was rare.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I think that's just the valsalva maneuver

e fighter pilots used to have (still do?) a little thing in there helmets they could use to quickly plug their nose and clear their ears while they chased each other up and down through different altitudes. I don't know if they cleaned their own or if they just tossed their gooey helmet to some crew guy who had signed up thinking he would also get to fly planes

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 17:27 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted: