Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

has anyone ever filmed a rabbi chanting on thermal cam somewhere other than skinwalker ranch

maybe the chant just does that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

toggle posted:

the wonkers were in the portal

They're coming it's real

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
vulcan salute is tridactyl mummy disclosure

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

idk why they're called tridactyl mummies because all the tridactyls in dino crisis 2 had wings and beak and these mummies have neither

Carp
May 29, 2002

Hacking the planet with reruns.

Cultural colonialism can be used to bring the human race into sync. We must respect each other, all of us, everywhere on the globe. Soon. Desperately soon. I see a coming complexity fold, and whether our species is present in some conscious way atop this next fractal-like expansion is entirely dependent on it.

We can use the idealism of the American dream and the morals of syndicated family television up until the early 2000s, or so, as guideposts when communicating new ideas across world cultures. Nearly the entire human world now understands these complex, potent, tightly-packed-for-profit shared symbols like:

* The golden rule
* Self-destructive behavior ultimately leads to one's undoing.
* It is how you play the game, not whether you win or lose.
* Honoring one's family and community is far more fulfilling than fame.
* The emperor has no clothes.
* Hard work leads to more substantial gain than shortcuts.
* Do not punch down.
* Exploitation is corrosive.
* Making a positive change in yourself is far easier than trying to control those around you.
* The melting pot of ideas from around the world, the diversity, and how a functional, egalitarian society requires it.
[...]

It was embedded in the episodes, carried as an obligation to the FCC. It became cheap to translate and distribute across the world. Local studios would later mix and match the big data of western television to create local variations on the theme.

It is all there. Perhaps with the help of AI, we can create large symbolic chunks, combining them into narratives to support the big picture health of us and the planet, which can be projected into all languages, infinitely translatable.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

platzapS has issued a correction as of 05:57 on Apr 17, 2024

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

same

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

there’s embedded sky trash at skinwalker ranch that makes people bugfuck. If the DHS director visited the place he would have approved their budget.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

they said dont heavily interpret the dot...

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm training an ai to do nothing but interpret the dot as strongly as possible

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Carp posted:

Cultural colonialism can be used to bring the human race into sync. We must respect each other, all of us, everywhere on the globe. Soon. Desperately soon. I see a coming complexity fold, and whether our species is present in some conscious way atop this next fractal-like expansion is entirely dependent on it.

We can use the idealism of the American dream and the morals of syndicated family television up until the early 2000s, or so, as guideposts when communicating new ideas across world cultures. Nearly the entire human world now understands these complex, potent, tightly-packed-for-profit shared symbols like:

* The golden rule
* Self-destructive behavior ultimately leads to one's undoing.
* It is how you play the game, not whether you win or lose.
* Honoring one's family and community is far more fulfilling than fame.
* The emperor has no clothes.
* Hard work leads to more substantial gain than shortcuts.
* Do not punch down.
* Exploitation is corrosive.
* Making a positive change in yourself is far easier than trying to control those around you.
* The melting pot of ideas from around the world, the diversity, and how a functional, egalitarian society requires it.
[...]

It was embedded in the episodes, carried as an obligation to the FCC. It became cheap to translate and distribute across the world. Local studios would later mix and match the big data of western television to create local variations on the theme.

It is all there. Perhaps with the help of AI, we can create large symbolic chunks, combining them into narratives to support the big picture health of us and the planet, which can be projected into all languages, infinitely translatable.

been saying this

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Do not interpret. Do not interpret.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Carp posted:

We can use the idealism of the American dream and the morals of syndicated family television up until the early 2000s, or so, as guideposts when communicating new ideas across world cultures. Nearly the entire human world now understands these complex, potent, tightly-packed-for-profit shared symbols

the fresh prince, at philadelphia. the fresh prince, at bel-air.

carlton, when the walls fell

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Jazerus posted:

lmao

coconono posted:

there’s embedded sky trash at skinwalker ranch that makes people bugfuck. If the DHS director visited the place he would have approved their budget.

or maybe a rock is a rock and the people who went there were already bugfuck

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jazerus posted:

EDIT

Squizzle posted:

sing, o goddess, the wrath of phillip, uncle of william, which rage brought sorrows uncounted to jazzy jeff,

gently caress y'all are killing it today lmao

Barry Foster has issued a correction as of 12:47 on Apr 17, 2024

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sing, o goddess, the wrath of phillip, uncle of william, which rage brought sorrows uncounted to jazzy jeff,

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol at ross just reposting poo poo from reddit now. that blue light is interesting but the picture going around makes it look much more extreme than it was because it’s a night shot with a longer exposure

really looks like it’s just a rando bit of machinery underwater tho, my bet is op is hoaxing. honestly the credibility ross gives to every internet post makes everything he says untrustworthy lol

mediaphage has issued a correction as of 12:49 on Apr 17, 2024

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

LtDan
May 1, 2004

SCIF scheduled for today at 1 pm, I am preparing to be sombered

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

putting on my ontological shock absorbers*

*arm floaties that I wear while running errands

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

[eyes welling up and voice wavering] a giant really did kill those brave boys in Afghanistan

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don’t nuclear deterence subs park for long periods of time

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

mediaphage posted:

lol at ross just reposting poo poo from reddit now. that blue light is interesting but the picture going around makes it look much more extreme than it was because it’s a night shot with a longer exposure

really looks like it’s just a rando bit of machinery underwater tho, my bet is op is hoaxing. honestly the credibility ross gives to every internet post makes everything he says untrustworthy lol

https://twitter.com/528vibes/status/1780453248983351675

Carp
May 29, 2002

Ugh, I think I rediscovered memes. Perhaps from this angle, though, we can rework them into a common macro language. Practical art? Conversant image macros?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yes, that's just the reddit posts, except on twitter. nobody's saying there wasn't a light. what's up for debate is what caused it.

mediaphage has issued a correction as of 15:17 on Apr 17, 2024

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mediaphage posted:

lmao

or maybe a rock is a rock and the people who went there were already bugfuck

the rock is the trigger for the bugfuck code put into by the ancient masters.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

mediaphage posted:

yes, that's just the reddit posts, except on twitter. nobody's saying there wasn't a light. what's up for debate is what caused it.

So what caused it

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

The Protagonist posted:

So what caused it

it was Lue

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

The Protagonist posted:

So what caused it

could be a sub, bioluminescent sea life disturbed by something (sub, whale, bird), bird, etc

there’s a lot of really weird and completely unresolved lights in the sea

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

It's probably worth noting that Gamera (guardian of the universe and friend to all children) also glows underwater

sorry

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The Protagonist posted:

So what caused it

never said i knew did i, it’s interesting. but it looks like any number of lights that humans put underwater so i don’t get the appeal of immediately jumping to “welp this proves aliens underwater”.

and despite what reddit thinks nasa has been seeing fishing boats from satellites for a over a decade so while the satellite imagery is interesting, it doesn’t really prove there’s anything but a light.

anyway outside of some other sort of intriguing behaviour imo this doesn’t rise to the level of luetalk

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

It's probably worth noting that Gamera (guardian of the universe and friend to all children) also glows underwater

sorry

:hmmyes:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

apologies for quoting it in full but I’m phone posting anyway poo poo like this:

WEH posted:

Re: weird ocean glows twitter posts:

Truly no idea what this poo poo is

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

WEH posted:

apologies for quoting it in full but I’m phone posting anyway poo poo like this:

the 1908 one is interesting. the 1800s one sounds like bioluminescence, with wave crests disturbing it like you see occasionally today

imo at least a few of the more recent ones are probably some military tomfoolery. others are way harder to figure out

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

mediaphage posted:

the 1908 one is interesting. the 1800s one sounds like bioluminescence, with wave crests disturbing it like you see occasionally today

imo at least a few of the more recent ones are probably some military tomfoolery. others are way harder to figure out

yeah I do wonder if some of them are things reacting to sonar or w/e, but 1) I have no idea how sonar propagates and don’t want to be put on a list and 2) if it’s sonar shouldn’t we still be seeing this kinda stuff?

shits weird

Carp
May 29, 2002

Jazerus posted:

One of my favorite episodes. The show is best when it focuses less on interpersonal drama and more on sci-fi. I like the first two seasons and the crazy bird man that sweated all over them.

No, I don't mean Will Smith's show.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Carp posted:

One of my favorite episodes. The show is best when it focuses less on interpersonal drama and more on sci-fi. I like the first two seasons and the crazy bird man that sweated all over them.

No, I don't mean Will Smith's show.

the new Fresh Prince reboot then?

Carp
May 29, 2002

Squizzle posted:

See, epic narratives. The possibilities are endless.

I added the rerun monologue as my first LinkedIn post. We'll see if that helps with the job search.

Carp has issued a correction as of 16:42 on Apr 17, 2024

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/JoeKhalilTV/status/1780614808980627947
https://twitter.com/UAPJames/status/1780622189470843012

helta has issued a correction as of 16:54 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WEH posted:

yeah I do wonder if some of them are things reacting to sonar or w/e, but 1) I have no idea how sonar propagates and don’t want to be put on a list and 2) if it’s sonar shouldn’t we still be seeing this kinda stuff?

shits weird

sonar is sound, not light