Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
seems pretty obvious to me that the report is going to say that they're Chinese spy tech to fan the flames of the cold war they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

wow weird,

coincidence

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

the entire narrative is added value across multiple vectors my brother in posts, including any distraction
\

hmmm

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Maximo Roboto posted:

Time travelers are at least less silly than "interdimensional travelers" because the whole parallel universes thing seems even more ludicrous than time traveling, which is at least intuitively more understandable

There are infinite dimensions! What makes any of these other universes comprehensible to us? And why does this bleeding only happen through UFOs and not any other observed Fortean phenomena?

It is more than the UFOs that people seem to be witnessing. Flying saucers or triangles are just the popular conception.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Aliens or China or swamp gas it's not hard to spot a coordinated media campaign.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Low Desert Punk posted:

seems pretty obvious to me that the report is going to say that they're Chinese spy tech to fan the flames of the cold war they want

yeah it sucks that the aliens really dont care about us and are probably harvesting large crystal deposits of something unknown we havent found in the earths mantle because we suck at displacing matter in a convenient way

anyways im sure the giant crystals of Dimethyltryptamine that bigfeet have carved giant temples out of in the center of the earth have nothing to do with the aliens.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

woah it turns out dark matter allows us to program itself into interstellar medium that mirrors and copies itself into any perceivable point in the physical universe just based on thermodynamics allowing us to travel anywhere and when we want

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Zisky posted:

Aliens or China or swamp gas it's not hard to spot a coordinated media campaign.

what if UFOs are the manifestation of mankind's collective unconsciousness and the powers that be need to remind people about them ever so often to keep them operational

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

https://deadline.com/2021/04/ufo-fragments-in-possession-lockheed-martin-says-harry-reid-1234748095/ posted:

Reid, age 81, told The New Yorker that he had never actually seen proof of the remnants, but was rebuffed in his efforts to get Pentagon approval to find them. Reid was the longtime Senator from Nevada, the home of military base Area 51, long rumored to house UFOs and possibly even live aliens.
“I was told for decades that Lockheed had some of these retrieved materials,” the Democrat told the media outlet.“And I tried to get, as I recall, a classified approval by the Pentagon to have me go look at the stuff. They would not approve that. I don’t know what all the numbers were, what kind of classification it was, but they would not give that to me.”

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

my calcified pineal gland has many structural similarities with the bigfoot crystal temples and thats why im so in tune with their various comings, goings

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

my calcified pineal gland has many structural similarities with the bigfoot crystal temples and thats why im so in tune with their various comings, goings

eat the crystals

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

what if UFOs are the manifestation of mankind's collective unconsciousness and the powers that be need to remind people about them ever so often to keep them operational

get out of here with this jungian garbage

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Maximo Roboto posted:

Mods change my name to Jungian UFO

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Maximo Roboto posted:

the noosphere has yet to become anywhere near powerful enough to start manifesting mass hallucinations. if anything we pierce into that and we can probably alter physics itself but not without huge ramifications.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
I guess if what Reid says there is true, it just further proves that the executive branch is the only branch with real power

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
everyone give me your bob lazar takes. tia

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Low Desert Punk posted:

hes cool, probably knows a lot. probably knows more now. i honestly think he is here to obfuscate truths, while still giving enough truth of extraterrestrial life.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Phantom Airships and pre-WWI sightings are cool

Roger Sandell's work on a 1905 outbreak of ufo sighting in Wales had already suggested that these earlier flaps had odd facets, some of the high strangeness material echoed modern cases, but not in the ways might hope if one thought them extraterrestrial. Mary Jones encountered a sinister black clad man she identified as Satan, but would probably thought an MIB had it not been 1905 Wales.[61] Other Men in Black were seen and one figure turned into a black dog before one witness's eyes.[62][63][64] Noting such things only add to the complexity of the ufo phenomenon he urged progress could only be made by detailed research conducted with no preconceptions.

Nigel Watson, in time, began reporting on his research into a March–May 1909 panic involving the belief that German airships were spying on Britain.[65][66][67][68][69] Phantom airship flaps would eventually be catalogued[70] from a diverse set of places like New Zealand in 1909,[71][72] Russia & Poland in 1892, Canada in 1896, Washington state in 1908, Denmark in 1908,[73] South Africa in 1914, and Norway in 1914-16. These flaps generally involved cigar-shaped craft more reminiscent of Zeppelins than extraterrestrial spacecraft and were attended by rumors of foreign spies and spy networks. They often had their own forms of physical evidences, multiple witnesses to crafts with improbable details, and surreal close encounters. The rumors all had idiosyncratic aspects which pointed to a need to interpret them in terms of the contemporary societal backdrop – often tensions about impending war, sometimes political conflicts within the society.

One researcher would point out that a mid-1600s boom in prophecies accompanied rumors of the imminent overthrow of King and Church. The aligning of aerial phenomena and political events had been alleged as early as John Aubrey, the antiquary, concerning events in 1647. A series of sightings of second suns, second moons, and marching of armies in the sky, it was assumed significantly, preceded the 1662 Act of Uniformity and the revival of the Church of England.[75]

dragon and thunderbird sightings are cool too

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

get into here with this jungian garbage

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Bideo James posted:

the noosphere has yet to become anywhere near powerful enough to start manifesting mass hallucinations. if anything we pierce into that and we can probably alter physics itself but not without huge ramifications.

that's what the static mages of the Technocracy want you to think

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Seems like a straight shooter to me

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Think Less posted:

I guess if what Reid says there is true, it just further proves that the executive branch is the only branch with real power

look into the history of nitinol and titanium mining if youre actually broke brained enough to be interested in this subject

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

i know how to contact the real x-com. if you want to join and defend the earth from its true oppressors then please pm me. i will give the signal as a post here.

Maximo Roboto posted:

that's what the static mages of the Technocracy want you to think

only monolith knows the truth.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

so-called "Bigfoot" are just an invasive species of Yeti that was introduced to the Pacific Northwest by Ahnenerbe researchers via Imperial Japanese midget submarines

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

omg wizard pedophile fan spotted

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

look into the history of nitinol and titanium mining if youre actually broke brained enough to be interested in this subject

I very much am. Thank you for the recommendation

Edit: I'm not seeing anything weird from googling. Where should I look?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

quote:

While the potential applications for nitinol were realized immediately, practical efforts to commercialize the alloy did not take place until a decade later. This delay was largely because of the extraordinary difficulty of melting, processing and machining the alloy. Even these efforts encountered financial challenges that were not readily overcome until the 1980s, when these practical difficulties finally began to be resolved.

Hrmmm

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

so-called "Bigfoot" are just an invasive species of Yeti that was introduced to the Pacific Northwest by Ahnenerbe researchers via Imperial Japanese midget submarines

this right here makes so much more sense than land bridge theory

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Maximo Roboto posted:

that happened in the sengoku period

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

heres a fun fact if nitinol engineering had actually taken off we could be powering the world with the waste heat of our electronics rn

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

while staying at a hotel I saw a History Channel Bigfoot show that suggested they were just sightings of local Native American shamans on spirit quest initiation type activities dressed up in furs and acting erratically because of ritual fasting. tbh the existence of dozens of extant tribes secretly still engaged in such rites and scaring random white people would be just as cool as the existence of a primordial cryptid.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

while ingesting hallucinogens I realized that domesticated dogs were actually ancient aliens sent here to guide our spiritual development, it was a beautiful insight.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

while staying at a hotel I saw a History Channel Bigfoot show that suggested they were just sightings of local Native American shamans on spirit quest initiation type activities dressed up in furs and acting erratically because of ritual fasting. tbh the existence of dozens of extant tribes secretly still engaged in such rites and scaring random white people would be just as cool as the existence of a primordial cryptid.

to be fair this is a common cross cultural ritual folks across ethnicities indulge in. best case scenario by far folks are just wild and loose with their "skinwalker" talk

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Bideo James posted:

that happened in the sengoku period

Tibetan snow apes were a common attraction at the Ming Emperors' menageries and a whole treasure junk carrying them was grounded ashore off the Strait of Juan de Fuca while blown off course en route to the Mixtec kingdoms

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I wonder if there were ever flying carpet sightings in the Middle East like the are djinn sightings there today

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ahmedaliakbar/jinn-stories

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2020/01/worlds-first-djinn-trapper-service-catches-genies-in-malaysia/

Also there are dragon sightings in China

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/bizarre-footage-huge-dragon-flying-9084577

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-11-17/The-mystery-creature-at-Tianchi-Lake-Vulcyb3X56/index.html

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i love you but i was gifted this av

the only truly successful drone hoax so far was a jetpack man...flying carpet man has a lot more style

my favorite academic pet theory is that dragons were born from descriptions of rainbows :3:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The simple answer to this is that the government wants people to start reporting weird things in the sky after decades of telling pilots to shut the gently caress up or they'll get shitcanned and institutionalized.

But also UFO's are real as gently caress.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

to be fair this is a common cross cultural ritual folks across ethnicities indulge in. best case scenario by far folks are just wild and loose with their "skinwalker" talk

Furries are just skinwalkers for white people

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

my favorite academic pet theory is that dragons were born from descriptions of rainbows :3:

hmm... checks out

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zxzyf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

omg wizard pedophile fan spotted

Woah woah woah, backup. What's this about pedophiles? Is loving Jung going to be ruined for me too? I haven't gotten around to reading the Red Book yet and the experience is going to be ruined if I find out it was written by a chomo.