Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

This is actually an op to groom some Twitch/YouTube crazies for the next generation alien programs. Lue’s face is genetically modified to optimize for refusal by zoomers and all future generations in the style of ‘gently caress you dad I’ll do what I want’ 🤷‍♂️

I can’t explain that being an equal optimization for smash mouth and/or flavortown, still running the ML models for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

it's a 40 year old story (as of whenever they posted it which is ???) so that sadly probably reflects the state of 'the discourse' at the time. in sci-fi alone you had multiple closet white dude pedos and openly gay (and black) writers like samuel r. delaney arguing

this is a weird transition into where your bullshit went

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

TCC is leaking

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

SMUG MEDIA SLUT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KJceIldZs4

alien hybrid village, anyone going to go?

That kid looks like he’s under duress

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I hate this poo poo so bad lol

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Vomik posted:

i can't tell if that's seriously being proposed as st. elmo's fire or if its a play on words since given the date/location he could have lived in st. elmo

Maybe he is St. Elmo, or a bird

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Really want a write up of the D-Day scenario the designer had in his head

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

nooo lady run away zorak isn't here to help you

those are chakras, or Materia, and I don’t care which

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Thank you, I read the paper and my eyes were crossing; this seems to confirm most of what I guessed.

Is this something like ‘DARPA shotgun blasts funding for various bleeding edge hypothesis-only-based projects’? Why wouldn’t they do something like SBIR process like the Air Force does, too much crazy bullshit signal-to-noise ratio?

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I’ma go ahead and not trust someone named Anjali nolastname on this one about the secret base

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Hatebag posted:

This guy's a cia agent son of a cia agent everything he says is propaganda lol dump him in the loving garbage

LOL Lue’s Smash Mouth beard certainly reads as something the lettered agencies would think compatible with kids these days.

Rah! posted:

lol

nick poope

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Spergin Morlock posted:

UFOS: counterintelLUEgence

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

If I had to I’d probably pick a different more pleasant name to call her than Loab.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Hey Loab what’s happenin’ in your neck of the woods

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

LOL if this is all false flag to line up an actual successful mission for the F35

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

Mars lacks nuts

That's why Snickers is superior

Almond Joy’s got nuts you dummy

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Real fun to have missed the 10-minute bit on NewsNation, and instead dropped into the segment where they're interviewing a burn victim on video WTF.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/space/military-whistleblowe-us-ufo-retrieval-program/

This appears to be just the relevant part.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

In hindsight it was a mistake to try warning the UFO thread about the drug whose number one most common side effect is psychosis

It’d be cool if there was a treatment for being a stupid dickhead

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/timburchett/status/1681785539031121921

Oh, splendid. This Tim fella, dag nabbit… great timing to get dark weird. 🤯

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

hahaha, I ain’t even mad due to the level of entertainment received from orb. Not sure I’ve seen an exact frame from that Quicktime vfx package of a bunch of videos of fire effects, but I’m sure some neckbeard already cracked that case for me.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

So what’s the idiot lowtax thing about mangosteens? I’ve noticed it mentioned but literally never had a reason to care until specifically now

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Alright, that’s a bit too full circle for me

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

This thread did two things to me today:

1) Reminded me about shockwave, Diablo and lovely VFX
2) Made me watch the ending of a game called Killing Time on the 3DO

#1 is fun and cool, #2 made me absolutely furious. I’d rather get portaled by orbs than ever play or look at that game ever

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I’m ded

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

WEH posted:

I was working on my car, a sound like snapping and crackeling caused me to look and see a black object with a very rough surface moving slowly from south to north within 400-500 ft. from me.

Super racist guy, black neighbor likes Rice Crispies put it in the blue book fellas

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

You hit it on the head, I'm a trained but non-working death doula.

Sick cards! Thanks for the reading. It's cool that it says women specifically, I do have an easier time counseling women than men. Much easier

wow, uhm… suddenly okay with the tarot chat

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

hell yeah Mexico

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol someone told me about the CT scan of the Ese Terrestrial and I was loving dying seeing them all standing in the loving room during the CT scan. Incredibly stupid, doesn't matter that they were wearing aprons, absolutely 0 reason to ever be in the room during a CT scan. Even when a patient is actively dying and you got a nurse on them doing chest compressions they hop off and run out the room real quick then run back in and get back at it.

My favorite threads have merged at last

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/blackvaultcom/status/1705261166539464956?s=20

Geospace Dynamics Constellation mission Interdisciplinary Scientists: Jared Leisner, email,

I found SimEarth trite as well

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Lux Anima posted:

The greek goatman Pan was a fey forest pan-flautist

I love flautas

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Turpitude posted:

Dear bird thread,

Today I met Elizabeth Nickson, she is an author whose mother was abused and tortured by the nazi gently caress known as Dr. Ewen Cameron (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Ewen_Cameron) as part of MKUltra here in Canada. She was lovely. Long story short I talked to her about the UFO stuff going on in the states and she is one of us. She thinks the CIA/MIC has clean energy which is why they are resisting disclosure.

I'm gonna get her book on what her family went thru w/r/t Mkultra, it's called The Monkey Puzzle Tree. Apparently it is pretty good

Catching up on the thread, I did some looking around and had found this PDF that from what I understand is the same person?

https://dgibbs.faculty.arizona.edu/sites/dgibbs.faculty.arizona.edu/files/MindControl.pdf

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

I'm the "passenger butt plug cam"

Edit: top tier username or thread title "passenger butt plug cam.mov"

I almost peed at that point. Almost.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Winkle-Daddy posted:

without diving down a whole thing is chat-gpt even good at translation? I feel like I'd trust the awkward and stiff Google translate more than a heuristic algorithm that's interpolating god knows what because the weights said that was the next word.

Pages back, but I had no problem getting through a large part of the beginning. There are footnotes where GPT might not know wtf it’s talking about.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

LuckyCat posted:

Maybe this happens to everyone because other than to my dad, I’ve never really brought it up. every night for as long as I can remember, I see swirling colors and lights with my eyes closed (and sometimes if they are bright enough, and the room dark enough, with my eyes open). I’ve been at it for at least 30 years and I’m to the point where I’ve practiced controlling them and can easily cause it to change color, direction of movement, or vary in intensity.

Recently I realized that I’ve been working so hard to be better at controlling it my whole life that I had the thought, what if I just completely let it take over and let it do what it wants instead? Eerily, when I do that, I start to see figures of people (or people-looking beings?) standing in front of me and looking at me.

Last night I started waving my arms in front of my face (with lights/colors going) and realized I could see a delayed shadow of my arms moving despite my eyes being closed and in a dark room, “through” my eye lids.

poo poo’s weird but I love it. I genuinely look forward to going to bed sometimes because I get to have magical color time.

I may be wrong, but my experience with these sound exactly like Phosphenes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene

You’ll notice they dicuss pressure phosphenes, which is where you physically trigger them by applying inward pressure to your eyes. Figured it out when I was a kid and used to enjoy them a lot. In adultland, you’ll see them likely after a heavy night out drinking and if you dream in the morning, followed by a strange grid pattern if you’re awake with eyes closed by a strong light source. I usually only get them after bizarre dreams that I wake up too fast from.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I had a dream that I went to Disney World, except it was space Disney World and you had to go on a rocket launch for it. It was very cool

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

for real. It's Moebius-level of gorgeous

I’m not kidding, this looks almost exactly like a dream I had when I was 6, the moving platform, the paths on the mountainside, the only difference was that it was nighttime. This is wild.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

Optical illusion, big gun = normal neck

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

im_sorry posted:

I wonder what makes one a "thinking" being. I suspect that it happened some time around when the vision system developed, and that anything alive with a complex visual system is probably one, although this probably doesn't apply to AI, since it's not interacting with anything weird.

Here's a test of the other livestream station. In retrospect, I probably should have set the Minibrute 2's MIDI track a couple octaves lower so it wasn't so screechy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJ2VYHU7Xg

This rules and I might PM you if you got PM access about some live streaming ideas

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I see four passions if you count $3 black T-shirts from Target and Sportsclips hairdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

chocolate oranges are disgusting