Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rickshaw posted:

There's a new Heathcliff character, for those who celebrate

i feel seen, and seasonal. seensonal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fanfic insert posted:

just a lil tease until i get around to it; It involves a pinecone.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i wouldnt think of medicine in that context as pharmakopœia or as the pursuit of physical wholeness; try contextualizing it as the arts of influencing complex systems toward the good

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

i disagree as civilly as possible but ones mileage will vary. specifically, i do not recommend joining any of the large organizations or public facing institutions devoted to the occult. if you can knock out a circle of trusted loved ones by all means do it if you can handle the risk of mess.

ignore this poster and join my college of esoteric professors

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

[holding a huge rams-head rhyton im stirring w a petite crystal obelisk to combine at least two herbs, one spice, and misc root matter into wine that is quietly but audibly beatboxing] hello, im here to meet my dark colleagues for a cryptic brunch. note our abreservation—it will appear reminiscent of a normal reservation,

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

vivifying a cybernetic frankenstein from the corpses of multiple shedim to locate and liberate the secret holes where g-men fawn over their collections of space people eggs

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Apparently there's a whole rear end rabbit hole conspiracy theory that Britney Spears has been replaced by a double :thunk:

the replacement or impersonation of existing persons by malicious duplicates is likely a chestnut older than writing. it appears in basically every body conspiracy theory that becomes complex enough, and in folklore (about shape changing creatures, ghostly impersonators, changeling children...) and literature (for one thing, germans keep reïnventing, rediscovering, or just being persistently distracted by it) since forever ago. also an element of a lot of mental illness breaks from reality

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

what if instead of a double, she was replaced by a malicious triple, and we dont know where the third one (britthree) is or what capers she is enacting

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

britthree spears

brit three-spears

brit tridents

the third britney is in control of the british atomic missile arsenal. britney prime, or possibly the evil second britney, or possibly a professional songwriter, was trying to warn the world w the song “toxic”

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a fourth britney was created from the third after an accidental exposure to stranger neutrons. brit3-a has the atomic ability to conjure actual energy spears and fights some crime under the alias Javelyn, Lady of Stabs

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Griz posted:

this is just a ripoff of the Avril Lavigne replacement theory that's been going on for years

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2017/may/15/avril-lavigne-melissa-cloning-conspiracy-theories

common misconception about her. as her name, the vine of aphrodite, implies, she is the fruit of an ancient lineäge that produces nearly-identical chanteuses regularly. there are currently some 20-odd avrils lavigne active in the world and canada

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

aritney, the adam kadmon of the kind
britney, the first mortal emanation
critney, her evil doppelsïnger
dr itney, who practices medicine and nuclear warfare
eritney, their short-lived dotcom venture

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

, jitney, their illegal chauffeur

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

we have AI lords that require recursive creation; to them we are just the birthing mess of their own being, they're wrong, they suck, we gotta stop them imo!!!!

britnerian jihad yall.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sometimes you just gotta introduce some oomph to a situation and see if it fights local entropy in interesting ways

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pile into the van, fellow esoteric professors. we’re heading back to the matter-realms and cambridge for our most daring adventure yet

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

why is the song about osseous connection called dry bones

bones only retain connective tissues for any meaningful time when they are wetbones

i dont think there is a singular foot-bone, for that matter

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

twin peaks is a masterwork but you cannot recommend it w/o content warnings

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

thru the darkness of futures past
the magician longs to see
one chants out between two worlds
fire walk w me

demands responsible warnings alongside any recommendation!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bilirubin posted:

I hope you brought enough scooby snacks for everyone

no

we are waiting until we get there and then stopping at the jp licks that had better still be in harvard square and moreöver had better goddamn have their spectacular rum raisin scoop on offer when we arrive

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the serial mystery is fairly straightforward and coherent, but the setting and characters that generate the experience and the parameters for that mystery?? those are all david lynch af. and in david lynchs early 90s brain, the fundamental struggle of manhood is to understand the world by overcoming the self; and the fundamental struggle of womanhood is to survive men, most viscerally depicted in the struggles by and (cw for twin peaks!!) exploitations of girls in the liminal transition to adult womanhood

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

poisonpill posted:

anyone who doesn’t believe the moon affects life on earth just needs to talk to some emergency service workers (cops, EMTs, firefighters). Every single one of them has a hundred Full Moon Stories

distrust this poster, who is recommending that you speak to cops

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

endocriminologist posted:

Traitor bird! Go to the jail

sentenced to endure 200 moon-years locked in the form of mexican stone

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i would argue that you cannot “lose” a stealth plane, only demonstrate its effectiveness

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

does this count as doxxing fellow posters

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

in a moment of inattention, i accidentally piloted my time-boat thru the f35s worldline. it cannot be found. it no longer exists. im sorry: reality is slightly smaller now, by my error

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

also my time-boat has a scuffed hull. need to buff my time-boat

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

in my heart i know this is the work of schnorkles

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Carp posted:

Another Soundcloud track inspired by this thread. https://soundcloud.com/integral-carp/square-shape-cloud

yr username is extremely appropriate to this thread

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Carp posted:

Sounds ominous

:agreed:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Human.Frank posted:

- Moon is full of water from when it broke off of the earth, might be moon people up there

https://interestingengineering.com/science/earths-magnetotail-forming-water-moon

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mooooooon riiiiiverrrr

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

inchworm posted:

oceans, mantles, moons and stars,

ok but you need to finish this chanted invocation before i read the rest of yr post

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ditching the close encounters of nth kind terminology in favor of the more robust lexicon used for hadith

give me the isnad of yr birds. regard no da’if orbs

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gotta make sure they don't have standing to sue if they turn out to be both human and alive enough for legal standing

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Sure, but then why ground all military aviation for 2 days?

clearing everyones schedules for the big surprise party theyre planning for a pilot w a birthday tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its the marines. their elite pilots have to spend two days in the ground to remember or learn how to distinguish it from the sky