Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

communion scared the poo poo out of me when I read it as a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

day after roswell is a cool book. I definitely believe all of it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Jetto Jagga posted:

Also, the Shaver stories are crazy horny but I don't know if that was Shaver's thing or Palmer who punched them up for publication. Lots of sexy snake ladies and so on.

Shaver was legit, I went through the pole hole once and partied with the Deros. they have some wild inner earth drugs lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

OK baizuo posted:

One thing that is sorta weird is how there aren't any mass ufo sightings anymore. Like Phoenix in 97 or DC in 52

e: or Los Angeles in 42 lol

there was a huge one in Brazil last year

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

OK baizuo posted:

Yeah if this poo poo is actually real it implies an understanding of physics we haven't even begun to ape at or demon magic, maybe both?

I mean, why not? you go back a hundred years and show footage of an f-35 or a clip of skyrim to someone, how would you expect them to respond?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ross DaouThot posted:

if this is all a psyop to get more spaceforce funding, isn't this the stupidest loving psyop of all time? if the capabilities of the craft in question were completely fabricated and david fravor et al are all actors, why the hell would they go with speeds like 10,000 mph? any sober analysis of the situation would bring one to the conclusion that if these entities (chinese, russian, extra terrestrial) meant the USA harm, they would be completely bent over. like even doubling the pentagon's budget and given 500 years and the luck of multiple physics breakthroughs, they still might not come up with anything that could compete. how is that the gambit that you propose to be given more money, of all things?

like half the country believes Joe Biden is regularly murdering children and drinking their brain fluid for satanic reasons, I wouldn't think about it too hard

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Marfa lights are one of the weirdest things I've seen, I was expecting to be like "eh whatever ots obviously headlights" but they turned out yo be genuinely strange and I couldn't make heads or tails of what they are

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

i have somehow never heard of this, or don't remember at least. what did it look like in person? the handful of youtube videos ive found are pretty odd, but its all vhs grainy poo poo

they look like little spheres or circles of light flickering in and out at a certain spot on the horizon, quite low to the ground, of varying colors of green or yellow or reddish orange. a light will appear and move around a bit in seemingly random directions and then wink away. sometimes there's just one, sometimes several, all seemingly unpredictably.

there's a viewing platform built now so it's easy to know where to go to see them. if you ever find yourself in Marfa, and you should try to sometime, there's an observatory about an hour north that does a cool "star party" where you look at constellations and stuff and they have telescopes set up to look at Saturn, Andromeda galaxy, and a bunch of other celestial stuff. do that and on the way home stop at the lights platform and have a grand old space-themed evening.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ross DaouThot posted:

and now i join posadists anonymous

thats right

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell knew what was up. there's a reason we don't send people to the moon anymore

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

phosphine on Venus ain't dead https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2020GL091327

the Martian puffballs are just rocks but when I was a kid I saw a guy talk at my local library about how the face on Mars and other structures in Cydonia are just like Mesoamerican architecture and that the Martians likely fled their dying planet to come to earth and build step pyramids and poo poo, and that's probably true. He wrote a book about it, with pictures.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Hirsute posted:

My brother thinks we might have gotten fiber optic technology from a crashed UFO, but like the cold war was the impetus for a lot of technological advances, including that one. I could see the DoD leaning into UFOs as an excuse for more funding though, having a threat to justify their spending is pretty important

Corso calls out fiber optics specifically as one of the bits of alien tech we got out of the Roswell crash, silicon chips being another. The Day After Roswell is worth reading, it's a lot of fun and Corso also tricked Strom Thurmond into writing an intro so that's funny.

One of his claims was that Earth had fought and won a covert war against the ETs though which casts this unfortunate pallor of the book being obvious bullshit, sadly.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

unmarked black helicopters are absolutely real, I grew up a few miles away from Mount Weather and every now and then you'd hear the noise and oh hey there's another fed chopper going to the secret mountain base

in the 2000s remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still they have Mount Weather looking like it's in the desert in Nevada instead if being on a hillside in Virginia and it's very funny. X files got it right when they had Mulder imprisoned there.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I am very curious to know what non-western media has to say about all this? are there reports and footage of UAPs coming out of southeast Asia or Latin America or Africa?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

aw yeah throwback vibes to browsing AboveTopSecret forums and reading long drawn out screeds of nuttery

sadly ATS has devolved entirely into a right wing Q hellswamp

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

'Oumaumua was definitely alien in origin im convinced

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Delta-Wye posted:

Velocities are all relative but I liked how Avi Loeb described it as being largely motionless compared to average motion of everything around and we zoomed by 'Oumaumua as opposed to the other way around.

yep

just this big weird space structure sitting there like nothing we've ever seen before and somehow in all the vastness of interstellar space we manage to pass right by it :cthulhu:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

a lot of (most?) big name sci fi authors from that time era are just trash

luckily there's obscure weird good ones too who had much more interesting conceptions of alien life

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I think aliens are probably real

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A MIRACLE posted:

according to Reddit trump was briefed on extraterrestrials and was like meh this isn’t important

show the reddit

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Crow Zone posted:

Anyone who tries to explain to me why this isn’t aliens is ruining my day please stop

aliens are definitely real

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nichael posted:

drat I didn't make the connection that the December 2017 NYT video was from ATS in 2007. I bet I saw it roughly when it was originally posted there, because I'd periodically check that for fun. crazy.

I posted about this earlier in this thread but ATS has turned into full right-wing q bullshit and its sad, as someone who used to post there in the 2000s and argue with John Lear about how no, there aren't actually alien or human bases on Venus and Neptune

he's probably right tho hahaha

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Bob Lazar is a total fraud and a con man. His whole history is petty crime and hustling people—before and after getting ufo famous. He got busted for running a sex ring the year he gave that first tv interview. He just knew a little math and came up with a plausible story for how crashed ufos would be reverse-engineered. If he had any actual engineering or scientific knowledge, he would have been able to get a job somewhere, but he’s never had a straight job in his life. But he is extremely good at sounding earnest and seeming like the kind of guy who would have a Ph.D. from MIT.

yeah Lazar's always been full of poo poo sadly

John Lear too, that guy is either a con man or legit high on his own supply. He would post long screeds analyzing NASA moon photo "anomalous structures" and saying look, proof that there are alien cities on the moon!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Death By The Blues posted:

Has this thread talked about the Russian declassified material that came out in 2009 that everyone laughed at, but now lines up a lot with what we are seeing and the American government showing us.

post the declass material

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

are there any good podcasts about UFOs and aliens and paranormal poo poo

I've spent some time with Unexplained which is decent and Monsters Among Us which varies wildly in quality

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

CERN discovering definitive proof of parallel universes that can crossover and affect ours or whatever and the MIC responding in kind to such is probably the funniest possibility

just a bunch of dipshit meat head generals being told by the egg heads that hey hyper advanced tech is real and also there's nothing you can do about it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

banjo aliens? duh, Outer Wilds was soft disclosure

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

where is the plasma stored?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

is it OK for this to be general catchall whacky conspiracy thread (as opposed to the more human-conspiracy centric Epstein thread)? I ask because I want to know about these mudflood people and wtf the "mudflood" is

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

*chanting heavily* mudflood, mudflood, mud flood buried the ufos

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah, I'm shocked that angle isn't getting more play but maybe it would on the day the report actually comes out. Right now it's getting like 5 minute spots as a jokey topic on news shows when it should be a horrifying revelation for a country that spends nearly a trillion dollars on defense.

Also curious to see how the new-era grifter crew like Cornell and Elizondo spin this. Probably time for them to show they have the goods or join the noise

Elizondo said something like "if the NYT story is true..." which is like wait a sec dude aren't you supposed to be the guy who saw some of the research firsthand? Why wouldn't you be the one to confirm the story?

guess he just wants clicks

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Elizondo apparently dropped some FOIA doc from the airforce in the 50s on Tucker Carlson of all loving places
Can't find snaps of it anywhere so apologies for invoking this fucker
https://twitter.com/PostDisclosure/status/1400983577706307587?s=20

im not watching that, what's the doc say

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its super cool that if it is aliens then they are certainly space communists because the immortal science is, well, immortal and just as true in the Zeta Reticuli system or wherever as it is here. the one big flaw of Star Trek is accepting that the Ferengi could independently develop warp technology lmao. Posadas was right.

I did see a UFO once when I was a kid on a family road trip, in Eastern Texas in the car when I looked out the window and saw a silvery ovoid thing kinda hovering there in front of a cloud. it zipped away extremely fast and I tried to tell my parents but they told me to go to sleep.

my dad does have a story he likes to tell about when he was driving home at 2am or so and saw a green light streak across the sky, like a sci fi laserbeam, that lasted a few seconds before fading. I think that was probably weird miltech testing and not aliens tho

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Zisky posted:

Green streaks are usually meteors.

could be. he says it was like a perfect linear beam that shot across the sky, like if a simulation mod was bored and used the 10px line tool for a laugh, and less like a meteor would look like, but it was late and that's probably plausible

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

WEH posted:

if you aren't a posadist and are posting itt you're doing it wrong imo

this is the way

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

coelomate posted:

Just a reminder that there are some completely boring plausible explanations for this stuff, too.

https://twitter.com/MickWest/status/1400869663630786561

https://twitter.com/michaelshermer/status/1398667579158376458

lol look I live in San Diego and its well known they the Union Tribune is utter loving trash, don't cite them for anything resembling authority lol

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

pancake rabbit posted:

yeah this is the thing

i've never understood, even when i was younger, why a certain group of people always claim, without fail, that some average person with nothing to gain would decide to cut from whole cloth a complete witness description of a UFO sighting in order to gain some sort of nonexistent "notoriety"

like how is your default position that anyone you meet is a lying grifter? how do you manage to interact with the world?

the flipside here is that UFO mythology was quite widespread in mid 20th century America, such that the "average person" was absolutely aware of flying saucers and little green men because yeah they got the newspaper and read books too

which means something like the Kelly-Hopkinsville encounter takes on a very interesting light, it'd be stupid to suggest that these people were just making poo poo up, they clearly saw and experienced something very scary and strange and interpreted that as best they could knowing what they did. seven years after Roswell is way long enough for people in Kentucky to know what it is they saw.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Wheeee posted:

Let's be honest here, the people who even entertain the idea of aliens are so far down the motivated reasoning hole that they can't properly evaluate actual evidence. They also get super defensive that you have dared to object to their opinion and that they are victims and being silenced by anyone not willing to entertain the idea that it could actually be aliens.

It's like the conservative / conspiracy theorist victim complex applied to aliens.

You just don't see the truth maaaaan

Can we please for the love of things that are actually interesting and relayed to space, ban UFO stuff to its own thread.

lol nice try aliens

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Also for the record that Ricky Gervais reddit clip has Sam Harris making the claim that military officials have reached out to him with help shaping the message of disclosure to minimize panic which is a hell of a loving claim
I have no idea who Sam Harris is but a quick wiki check makes him seem like an actual professional of some sort relative to Gervais

if its the same Sam Harris then it's one of the new atheist guys who wrote books about how religion sucks and believers are stupid blah blah, iirc he's gravitated towards the right wing media circuit in recent years

certainly an interesting person to make a claim like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

this smallbrain "gee it would be so bad if our ENEMIES had advanced tech but maybe worse if it was evil aliens??" poo poo is so stupid

if its aliens with targeted malevolent intentions capable of bringing any kind of craft here then they would have wiped us out long ago