Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I for one welcome The Culture to Earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

actionjackson posted:

i'm def curious what the explanation is for what those pilots in the 60 minutes clip saw

China perfected the EM drive

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

scary ghost dog posted:

i read Lucifer’s Hammer and it was racist trash so im going to skip this one.

Niven has extremely reactionary politics and it comes out in basically all of his books in one way or another

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Carl Von Awesomwitz posted:

lol they get high on cinnamon and it causes massive problems for their invasion

Not only does it get them high it's their first ever chemical birth control

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Grapplejack posted:

I remember reading one where like, aliens show up but they figured out star travel super quickly and have been expanding and poo poo super slowly, trapped in a really slow medieval-era for centuries, while we never figured out what to do because we're dumb so we advanced insanely quickly in other ways

so they invade us with steampunk ships basically and we blow them the gently caress out of the sky with our tomahawks and stealth bombers and ICBMs

A short story called the road not taken

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

A MIRACLE posted:

isn't sagaar a republican

Yeah that show rising is like hannity and colmes only the power dynamic is reversed and the dweeb is the republican

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

A MIRACLE posted:

checked in on nextdoor and everyones posting about seeing lights in the sky :)

they looked like planets and starlink but just shows people are looking up right now imo

My brother can't stop talking about the Hawaii sky lasers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
If aliens are here and they wanted the general public to know there's not much any government could do to stop them, so I have to conclude that the aliens are libs who want to ~respect our norms~ or something