Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

story time:

about 10 years ago I took some ambien and saw some crazy poo poo I couldn't explain. I don't remember what it was, just that it was weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mythical Moderate posted:

My experience was pretty much the same as the guy in video below except I was on the other side of valley in one of Phoenix's suburbs. Given how light polluted Phoenix is, they were easily visible from 20ish miles from downtown Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvKLeaPWPyw

they were a set of flares dropped by an air force jet. they disappeared as they dropped behind the estrella mountains. move along citizen

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

this thread is freakin me out man

its definitely starting to feel like the epstein thread when cuppy tea was posting a lot lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

I stayed out of that thread can you fill me in

no

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

some manic poster came in and did some okay posts general broke brain topic poo poo and a mod thought one was antisemetic and banned him and a legend was born

yea his ban was bullshit lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ross DaouThot posted:

the proximity of this disclosure to the first successful recovery of spacex’s starship is sus as gently caress

they finally landed one? lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

maybe they just ate some moldy bread and started tripping balls and didn't understand what was happening

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Hatebag posted:

I've been reading about M-theory for like a decade and my understanding of it is murky at best. The wikipedia seems ok, idk though:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
Basically general relativity and quantum mechanics had a baby called string theory, and then the strings grew another dimension and became membranes, and that's m-theory and now there're 11 dimensions

trump's dad gives good brane theory

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zisky posted:

I couldn't even make it all the way through Mars Attacks when my mom took me to see it, she had to take me out of the theater.

I had dreams about it for what felt like forever

critters is a great set of movies

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sleep paralysis is just a situation where your muscles are deactivated as if you're dreaming, but you're semi-conscious. there's nothing otherworldy or UFOish about it, it just sucks when it happens especially if youve never experienced it before

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Think Less posted:

It feels otherworldly though, and I could easily see sleep paralysis+too much TV causing someone to believe they were experiencing an abduction

the last time I had sleep paralysis was when I fell asleep with the TV on and suddenly became aware that I Love Lucy was playing and I couldn't move. I knew exactly where I was and what was happening. a similar thing I experience sometimes is right at the moment I'm about to fall asleep I feel like I'm actually falling and jolt back awake

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

pancake rabbit posted:

i have also considered this option and whereas the aliens from space are cool and sexy, aliens from the ocean are deeply, existentially terrifying

i will be sticking with the chill space friends tyvm

if they're from earth's oceans they're not aliens even if thy're really weird

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The part of that animation where the tic tac looking object moves around above turbulent water made me think of this

https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/newsroom/articles/year-2018/magnetic-surgery.html

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

has anyone ever filmed a ufo with a real camera that captures any amount of detail

it would be kinda nice to get one where a professional happens to be outside testing their new Red DSMC2 on a tripod when some weird poo poo appears and they manage to get 8k 75fps video without zooming in and out a bunch like a spaz

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Someone in the leadership of the Chinese military assumed that Phoenix was an elaborate setup by the US military to hide a massive base because they didn't think there's any way that a million and a half people would voluntarily live in that climate. Same thing happened back in 1997 with the Russians.

the Phoenix metro area has 5 million people now

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

hopefully there are a bunch of deets about the other incidents that they will share. even if its the same vague stuff, it would be interesting to build a larger list.

lol even if they were secret CIA craft the report would still say they aren't. perhaps the release is not for civilian consumption but more a way of deterring the PRC from invading taiwan

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

The simplest explanation

lol at how many times this exact phrase has been used in this thread

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zisky posted:

I don't understand why people continuously posit

me either. the report from congress is out in a few weeks. patience people!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

Right now the US Military and Intelligence Community is saying that they're under secret attack by Cuban/Russian/Maybe Chinese Mind Beams.

They shut down an embassy over the Mind Beams. They're saying that people are getting attacked by Mind Beams just outside the White House in the middle of one of the most militarized and secure cities on earth. They have no idea what the technology is, why it is happening, or who truly is controlling it. But they're eager and willing to blame the Scary Countries for it without evidence.

So if the military had even an inkling of a reason to blame the Scary Countries for UAPs why would they refuse to do so?

They're already admitting they can't stop the Mind Beam attacks in DC, so I don't find the idea that the military would be too embarrassed to admit it was Chinese secret tech if they thought they could get away with it.

lol that was just a BS excuse to close the cuban embassy that the right wing in this country didn't want open to begin with

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

what if the powers that be are getting ready to tell us we're under an alien attack and use that to unite humanity and usher in a One World Government

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's so wacky that we have no idea what these things are

so the newspapers keep saying lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

guys what if someone just dosed all of those military sensor platforms with LSD?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/SinPoder10/status/1400918915690205199?s=19

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Think Less posted:

what is this from? googling "high level nocturnal lights" didnt turn up anything

try searching for "high level nocturnal electromagnetic emissions"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

if that doesn't work just image search 'nocturnal emissions' and drill down from there

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

plus cavitating propellers (at least on the surface) generally lose most of their propulsive thrust so I probably don't understand what is even meant by supercavitating

they create a cavitation bubble at the front of the torpedo to reduce friction on the surface. it basically flies underwater

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

what's funny is the US and probably china/Russia are working on supercavitating subs so they can move supplies and people around at 100+ knots underwater

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Inspector Hound posted:

It's so weird to me that this was released this fast, the statement that "it's not any of our secret projects," because wouldn't they obviously say that anyway

i'm interested to see how that statement is qualified in the report that eventually comes out

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

there's probably someone in this thread with a super top secret clearance and first hand knowledge laughing at all the guesses

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

if it was a secret project they're not allowed to acknowledge exists they wouldn't say "oh yeah this is a classified technology," theyd act as if the thing they're not allowed to say exists didn't exist

that was my thought exactly. them saying it's not doesn't mean it isn't.

my personal hope is that humans have been mistaken about being the most advanced species on earth and in actuality it's like, some radically advanced bee colony style thing with drones that monitor everything on the planet and the brain is buried in the mantle of the planet or some poo poo like that.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bullfrog posted:

im taking one for the team. ill report back when i finish :(

I watched it but I'm not going to tell any of you what was said

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zisky posted:

Never seen Aliens, tonight seems like as good a night as any.

enjoy

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

every popular song will smith has ever released samples heavily from motown/disco artists. lame rear end bullshit

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtMHsNhQBvI

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

jazzy jeff carried the act

also Patrice Rushen, The Whispers, The Bar-Kays, Sister Sledge, etc

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Rah! posted:

ufos gonna sample ur piss from ur balls

promise?

my gripe is not with sampling, its with "artists" who only ever sample and never write a drat thing themselves

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

I was thinking like, if aliens are real and they've been visiting us for a long time, does that mean like the events in the Bible and poo poo were because of aliens?? food for thought

there's another oumuamua type object approaching the earth and our telescopes have confirmed that it's jesus christ returning on a comet

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Elizondo doing a live WaPo interview here in 4 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcH5nuqa-0w

Better than nothing I suppose

lol at the music on this thing as it starts up

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

his phrasing is kinda weird here lol. ultimately it matters what we all think because we are the jury?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

he seems pretty decided that it's "advanced tech" that is multiple generations beyond what any countries currently have