Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Objurium posted:

This is pretty close to whatever I was seeing while high in the desert, except I was only seeing maybe 3 or 4 at a time after the lightning struck, and only for a split second. This was shot on the same night I was tripping too, although a few hours away from where I was. Weird.

The obvious mundane explanation would be a drone swarm at a festival or some poo poo but Palmdale is kind of a methed-out lovely armpit of California's high deserts.

https://twitter.com/528vibes/status/1559625665414045698

My wife and I saw something just like this except it appeared much smaller. It happened during the day and I just assumed it was a cluster of silver mylar birthday balloons floating off. Another couple in the park was watching it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I feel like this thread may like the show Outer Range. Its not really about UFOs, but basically a rancher discovers a rip in space time on his property- shenanigans ensue!

It’s fun, but pretty intense.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Noobicide posted:

yeah if that's real the ship knew exactly what it was doing lmao

You can see a regular CIA bird continue moving to the right of the screen as the P’nuti bird freezes.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I’m rereading The Invisibles omnibus because of all y’all’s dream posts.. TYVM I forgot how incredible this book is.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

We saw a cool balloon yesterday, got 12 seconds of shaky video too!

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Sorry I uploaded it to Reddit first, but here’s the video!

e: nvm they removed it. I’ll upload it somewhere normal and share it here later.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

https://youtube.com/shorts/XfJsF9zyRaI?feature=share

I don’t know how to embed videos, sorry.

This is the horrible shaky 9x zoomed footage I took on Mother’s Day.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Just a Moron posted:

Nice video, pretty crazy that it just disappears like that.

I think YT videos just embed automagically but maybe not the shorts

Thanks- I’m not sure what that warbling noise is in the background, my phone really sucks so it’s probably just garbled sound from the wildlife and water fountain.

It did kind of trip me out watching the video and hearing my MIL say “yeah we get those here”.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Just a Moron posted:

It'd be awesome if you could post up in the area with a proper camera or binoculars/telescope with a phone mount.

They own that land and they like me a lot, so I could definitely set something up aimed at that portion of the sky. All we do there is sit outside and play cards so it would be perfect.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Soggy Muffin posted:

My message to aliens with vehicles:

Yo so I’m willing to suck n gently caress alien wang be it slimy tentacles or mushrooms wee wees, you can anally probe my bottom and do what you want with it, or you can telepathically mind rape me. Have at it. Just get me off this burning hell scape with all these sweaty hairless apes PLEASE. I see how climate collapse is going down and this has to be the dumbest way to go out, I’ll slut myself out and be a sex slave. Give me alien STDs I don’t care

This is an intergalactic SOS HELP

goodness gracious

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Soggy Muffin posted:

Bad news, they created us, this planet and even this dimension meaning they created our pointless economic system. They also prob watch you poop

I hate them

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I don’t remember which of you said it- but it stuck with me. what if the aliens are just regular rear end cats.

I think that would be really nice

How!
Oct 29, 2009

The Saucer Hovers posted:

lol at san fransicso and the left in the same breath

I’m from SF and I now live in the south and let me tell you this is a commonly held misconception. I like to tell people the city’s soul was destroyed by libertarian tech bros and terrible democrats and the same has happened to NOLA.

man is sure sucks being a Marxist All About Aliens in Mississippi but hey I guess I signed up for it.

I just spend my time off populating our lending libraries with Mao and hoping none of my neighbors see me.

they really don’t like the Kingfish too much here, but man I love that crazy bitch.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

if aliens make us all communist then the hicks at my local bar are gonna have so much egg on their face

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Random Nextdoor post this morning.

Somebody said they had pictures of orbs so I’ll post them if they come through. Embed isn’t working I guess

https://imgur.com/a/0btuvO9

How! has issued a correction as of 00:07 on Jul 25, 2023

How!
Oct 29, 2009

So one of my neighbors posted the other day about seeing a cigar, with a picture - then another neighbor chimed in about having seen spheres. Anyway she hasn’t posted them yet, but this was her comment. Sounds like a similar formation.

https://imgur.com/a/sr75ed9

How!
Oct 29, 2009

This photo will resonate well with the average Bostonian though

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Pontificating rear end posted:

Also I'm gonna use this as an example of how we were right the whole time; we predicted how people would react, literally, exactly

We were right the whole time. You all were right the whole time. Proud of u, thread

the DND thread has been completely dead since somebody posted a link to the hearing.

somebody should see if they’re ok, not me tho.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Still no update from my orb neighbor.

But I dunno if this cigar has been posted yet. matches the one I posted the other day, except this one was over Minnesota rather than Mississippi.

https://youtube.com/shorts/XJ8aSQMJWG8?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ8aSQMJWG8

this one just looks like a solar balloon to me

How! has issued a correction as of 22:48 on Jul 27, 2023

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Apparently I live near a UAP hotspot now.

50 years ago was the Pascagoula abduction, where two fishermen allegedly got probed.

A couple years ago their story was corroborated by a woman who was waiting on the other side of the river.

Kind of fun!

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I can no longer tell the difference between my copies of the Cartoon History of the Universe and The Invisibles

How!
Oct 29, 2009

WEH posted:

this kind of sentiment is very common among experiencers! seems pretty lonely to me but at least theyve got that sweet ufo conference circuit money going for them

Only one of those guys went on a grifting tour. The other one tried to repress it so he could get on with the normal life he had planned for himself, and eventually connected his experience to “world peace and the realm of the spirit.”

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I dug up some old art since I was feeling inspired by the bird thread, hope you like it. I’ve got more if anybody wants.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Yay! I’m happy you like them!

I have a few more I’ll post when Imgur can read my camera roll again. I think I tuckered the app out.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Google Butt posted:

may be so bold as to request orb in cube?

You know I quit drawing in 2016 after moving to Los Angeles and having my soul vanish working insane hours and making money. But that’s all over and I’m living a rural life now, so I really ought to pick it back up.

So yeah I will try to give you orb cube soon

How!
Oct 29, 2009

You are all really too kind.

I’m really bad at leveraging my skills for money. As soon as I do I usually lose all interest in it lol. Use these images for whatever if you want- although I do still have a bunch of postcards and prints from an old art show if anybody is interested.

And ya this is about the extent of the good art I have left in my possession. But thanks to the good vibes here I just ordered a new set of pens.

I guess these one pondered the orb to varying success

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I’m gonna stop making GBS threads the thread up now but I just want to thank everybody for the positive feedback. You’re all really going to make me cry. I just bought a ton of art supplies as a consequence.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Orbis Tertius posted:

you and me both brother (or sister)

on that note, here’s a collage

This is really cool! I love collage stuff, I’ve never tried it.

Also I lied here’s more I just found.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

If the art goons wanna answer my prompt, it's simple;

-Draw a novel concept NHI

You can pull from tropes like greys and little green men, you can pull from lovecraft, or mystical/religious/mythical traditions, but try to make it yours in some way.

-Draw a novel concept Bird

Again, derivation from established forms is fine, but put your stank on it

I am working on stuff myself, it'll be on paper and ink probably, but nothing is ready to show (i am at work rn besides)

Just wanna generate Content because

I think I drew this series after moving across the country three times in as many years, so there’s lots of spooky transience and amorphous shapes as my life kind of coalesced into slowly making more sense. (It doesn’t make sense now, but it’s more stable lol)

Looking forward to working on your prompt

How!
Oct 29, 2009

the artifacting on these is really something lol, sorry

How!
Oct 29, 2009

if anybody wants to do a prayer or whatever my dog is in emergency surgery and I might have to say goodbye to her tomorrow so I could use all the vibes I can get. if she lives I promise lots of art

How!
Oct 29, 2009

(Doggy gonna live. Her spleen was just huge)

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Orbis Tertius posted:

so when I first started posting my collages i said I wanted to set up an art space in my apt, so I could start making them again (it’s been a few years), and I wanted to give a status update: pretty much done!

the mildly busted desk was a great find. I took the metal folder frames out of the cabinets so there’s a ton of space there for storage.

I was asked early on if I had an online gallery, and at the time I just had my personal instagram, but that’s been rectified: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ijqdbw4h88pa2nt/AAAXLFqvvJIMfFacypQrEAx-a?dl=0

it was a relief to get these uploaded. Many of the images (and all of the high resolution ones) were on a hard drive that seemed broken at first but i was able to repair with parts from Amazon, which scared the bejeezus out of me since I still can’t find the physical originals (I distinctly remember packing them up during my last move, though).

Here’s some art. when/if I post more those will be new creations and will undoubtedly reflect the influence of this thread.

Untitled

The next two are related. The first collage is meant to resemble a movie poster. not sure if that comes across anymore. one of the first I made.

“Operation Oreo Phone”

(no deeper meaning to Newman appearing here)

“The Hills Have Ahhs”

I’m not sure I would have ever gotten around to setting up my art space and doing the necessary things to get back into this hobby which is truly a source of joy for me, but requires a level of effort that’s difficult to muster due to depression and other things, if it weren’t for the encouragement and clinical grade good vibes this thread so readily provides. thanks all

these are great

How!
Oct 29, 2009

That stuff about Grusch is very human. I hope he can endure that hate, it’s never easy when somebody tries to use your weakness to destroy you.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

These last few pages have made me feel like we’re all just lil crystalline structures suspending/drowning in a big sea of dick shaped clouds

How!
Oct 29, 2009

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

Reminds me of

ooo yeah I’ll have to check that out!

How!
Oct 29, 2009

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Somebody asked for a sphere in a cube! Not too happy with how the composition worked out, but it’s been years since I’ve drawn so it’s ok for a first go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

I think it was a cube inside of a sphere...

poo poo lol