Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

I don't understand why a species of intelligent life, that would have had to figure out FTL travel, would waste time looking at this doomed backwater world two thirds of the way out from the galactic core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

A MIRACLE posted:

this is from seven years ago

I find it kinda funny that while reading that, the thing that stood out to me is the videos of neanderthals and early humans. Aliens are cool and all but I wanna see those loving videos.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

i am harry posted:

there are accounts of UAPs physically reacting to aircraft, shutting off systems, etc..maybe that would just be a side-effect of something else.
personally a "why" is more interesting than a "what"...like why even be here at all? there can't possibly be anything special here...there are near infinite planets in the universe.

the answer to the why question, might have something to do with the Fermi paradox. its probably the cia, its always the cia

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Mr. Sharps posted:

the acceleration was consistent with something like a comet, it getting a very very slight boost from gasses sublimating off its surface on the way out of the solar system. the weird thing about it was that they didnt see any sort of dust and water vapor coma like you’d expect with that sort of motion but it could have easily be caused by some other volatiles that aren’t easily visible rather than water ice

pbs space time looked back Oumuamua again in a video awhile back and link to another video for a deeper explanation for anyone that wants to go down the rabbit hole. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sq658Okvao&t=435s they think was a shard of a planet with a similar makeup to Pluto, the out gassing being done by nitrogen.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

So uhh that's cool as gently caress, is this new?

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

endocriminologist posted:

someone call up roblox and ask what their take on aliens is

If roblox does some kind of alien event soon, I'm loving done

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

transdimensional holographic BDSM tardigrades

Turns out BDSM is the only common line among intelligent life and theyre trying to figure out why we all haven't embraced the universal truth

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Pooky posted:

I don't think I've seen this one in here yet. Border Patrol footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6s5RwqnnLM

Pretty neat looking bubble/warping around that one

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Well if they release this week it's gonna gently caress with the G7 so that doesn't work
and after next week congress goes on vacation for two weeks so I don't know when the gently caress they think is a good time drop this

A Friday, around 5pm. I think they would rather drop it around other big events happening, less of a splash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I want to see the history of our stupid species in HD

Show me that assassination of Caesar, 4k, 20 different angles.