Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Post more creepy as gently caress alien gifs.
That one where the alien pokes its head out from behind the wall and pulls it back several pages ago has always been one of my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Hatebag posted:

Yeah on the one hand i doubt that a species like us could keep from killing itself before it got to interstellar travel but what if there's just some extremely powerful immortal demigod ruling the evil alien empire and he keeps everyone under his control with a vast network of spies and brutal domination. I guess that's just god emperor of dune or warhammer lol

Agreed, we're basically speed running towards Necromunda as it's.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

That's the poo poo I want, put it right into my veins.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The great thing about the July 2021 date for the mentions in those two reddit threads from seven years ago is its just a waiting game to see if it's a dumb larp/aarg that the OP's remember.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Ratios and Tendency posted:

In The Phenomenon documentary there's interview footage with the guy pictured in the famous weather balloon tinfoil picture and he's adamant that was a hastily assembled cover-up.

I laughed out loud when that guy showed up because I just wasn't expecting it.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

We will all die in space, breathlessly screaming into the blackness while the moisture on our tongues boils away.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Horrorosaurus posted:

"They have accents, difficulty with vowels might be a better way to say it, so I can't be sure if they're saying 8th or 18th. It sound like "aaiitee" no matter if it's 8 or 18."

So how many times do you figure the aliens from space used the numbers 8 and 18 while probing this poor fellow? or numbers in general

Zorg! bring me aiteee hoomans. Yes aaitee not fifteen or fiev you imbecile moron

That's some beltalowda sounding poo poo lol

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Google Butt posted:

drat bro we go to the 4th dimension when we die so ghosts are real too

Ghosts are portions of the psychic remnants of the dead bound to physical reality via their deeply scarred associations in life.

Duh.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Enough pedophile poo poo btw, there's an entire thread about his murdered rear end to post in.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Wheeee posted:

the good news: there exists a planetary federation of dozens of species from our galactic neighborhood, they believe humanity is almost ready to be made aware of this broader reality, and once we get our house in order we'll be invited to join

the bad news: the federation is currently on the losing end of a millennia-long interstellar war of extermination

lol at the federation is bringing us in solely for our unfathomable bloodlust and destructive capabilities. They'll pair our imagination with their magical tech and just unleash us in a direction.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Objurium posted:

So I got permission to post whatever the gently caress the person I'm currently seeing caught on camera while taking long exposure shots of the night sky out near Mono Lake.

Initially I thought maybe she'd caught the ISS reflecting a glint or something but that scale doesn't make any sense? Also for a long exposure it's... Weird that it doesn't have the typical squiggly light streaks when stuff like Space X satellite launches get caught in night sky photography.

https://i.imgur.com/sfBewc8.mp4

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e: fixed the video embed

Space orca

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Bluegrass is ascending.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Fools, the God Emperor of Mankind has already been born out of the shamanistic mass suicide that took place 4k+ years ago.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Delta-Wye posted:

the airforce is deprecating the f22 raptor and going to a 4+1 setup (they hate the a10 so much they even refuse to call it 5 planes lol). they're flying modern equivalents, but the og airframes are quite old on most of those aircraft

a10: 1972
f15: 1972
f16: 1974
f35: 2015
ngad: 202?

the early 1970s were good years for us aerospace

How on earth could you hate the A10 design wise? That thing is scary as hell.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Log082 posted:

It's old, it would get shot down in any situation where the hypothetical enemy could shoot back, and its only air to air kill is some poor SOBs in a helicopter that was taking off at the wrong time.

One of those reasons is even semi-valid.

America likes to attack people who traditionally can't shoot back so...
I mean it's a giant gun with wings, the only thing I expect it to do is instill pure fear in whatever poor saps on the ground are being attacked.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Pontificating rear end posted:

Did anyone talk about this documentary??

The Phenomenon (2020)
https://www.amazon.com/Phenomenon-John-Podesta/dp/B08HR6QD3V

Im gonna watch it

Wait till you get to the Zimbabwe incident.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Time to remain high as gently caress until July 18th goons.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Old Story posted:

hell yeah, UFO thread going full Millerite

The Great Disappointment was inside us all along!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I was actually curious if the 18th held any historical significance and uhhhhhhhh

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

valp posted:

No it's not that, the joke is that July 18 2021 is the 35th anniversary of the Aliens movie.

Not a hoax either, the aliens just have a good sense of humor.

Alien came out 42 years ago.
42 is of course the answer given by a supercomputer in Hitchhiker's Guide as the answer to “the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.”

:tinfoil:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Mola Yam posted:

jesus christ joe, she's only aitee

:eyepop:

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

That looks badass, I want goggles now.
You have any recommendations?

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Thank the Ancient gods that the emus don't have lights in their chests.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Intergalactic president Ziltoid, my people yearn for freedom.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

12 days left.
Jesus also had 12 apostles.
COINCIDENCE ¡?!¿

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Bilirubin posted:

two days left
Jesus also had 2 fish
COINCIDENCE ¡?!¿

This is just madness
Then again...

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Aitee is in 12 days, throwawaylien had an updated post 7 years after the initial post that clarified the date.

The Demilich has issued a correction as of 20:24 on Jul 6, 2021

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

10 days left people

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Soon the age of man will end.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I hope we won't have to beg them to destroy our governments. Be real cool if they took that initiative first.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Did we ever get updates on what that sonic boom off of California was yesterday?

The Demilich has issued a correction as of 18:26 on Jul 10, 2021

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

gently caress off with the atheism.
We only have a few dozen hours before the aitee'th, so prepare to be recircumsized by the new gods and the new covenant we'll beg for.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Cosmic Weed Wizard is a too on the nose psych-rock band name and I would listen to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTPdSMMy3I0

drat, it won't let me timestamp it.
Second song is called "The Spaceships of Ezekiel"

The Demilich has issued a correction as of 00:01 on Jul 17, 2021

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Wheeee posted:

how i never heard of these guys before, good poo poo

https://youtu.be/Mkxr4L8bMd8

TAA said the aliens communicate with vibrations like humming noise, and are into string instruments and bluegrass as a result

Gina gonna love doom metal

That album from Bongripper owns. Back when I used to go to gyms in the pre-plague era I used to exercise/squat to Worship, especially from 11 minutes and up.

Anyway I really hope the aliens like doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4U6i2yeQ-0

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Aliens are the only hope I have for humanity being saved from its own self created extinction event lol

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Wheeee posted:

the full visualization of the object seen at 00:00 UTC July 18 on that meteor radar stream:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Post the other two

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

PokeJoe posted:

what's ligma 1

No one knows. Some say it's almost as important as dragon 2 though

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Log082 posted:

Okay, so, whenever someone who doesn't believe in telepathy does an experiment, the experiment says it's bullshit. Whenever someone who does believe in telepathy does an experiment, the experiment says it's real. Easy to explain, ight? The true believers are just biased, consciously or unconsciously.

So, a true believer and a skeptic got together and ran an experiment as a pair. They set everything up to the satisfaction of the skeptic, and the only difference was who was running it each day. The data collected, the method, everything else was the same.

They found that the believer got results indicating telepathy was real, and the skeptic got results indicating it wasn't.

Then someone else did a meta study, which is when you take the data from a bunch of papers and analyze it for collective trends of some sort. That person found that anytime any authors believed something, they were more likely to get results that it was true, and vice versa. This kicked off a bunch of people doing the same analysis (though in different ways, of course, each sure their way was the best) and finding different answers.

So, someone did a meta analysis of the meta analyses. Turns out that anyone that believed that author's belief influenced studies found that to be the case, and anyone who didn't believe it found that to be the case.

tl;dr: reality is consensual, or scientists are witches, or something

or we cannot remove bias from science nearly as well as we thought and almost everything we do is probably wrong somehow. but you already knew that.

It's a tautological feedback loop rooted in the human psyche.
Don't know why a billion papers needed to be written on this when my sentence calls it as it is. Stupid ivory tower nerds.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

If aliens shows up and don't obliterate or leaders I will never trust them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I think we can all agree that if aliens exist, they are absolute cowards.

I would come down in my ship and swinging my interdimensional dick around directly in the face of lovely lying governments and just broadcast directly to everyone on earth at once.

"See my awesome ship? I cross Galactic distances like it's loving nothing. Yeah I can fix your planet, and I can feed and house every single member of your species with my technology. I'm going to turn you all into techno demigods and your leaders know this. I offer true equality. Join me, and simply ask me for help. If your leaders refuse then destroy them. I await your species collective answer in aitee days. If you do not answer I will just destroy every government here and begin uplifting the survivors".