Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
They're interdimensional travelers op, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Aliens are real and they're my friend

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Think Less posted:

The Phenomenon documentary on Netflix is pretty good. The Zimbabwe encounter was loving creepy as hell

Edit: guess its not on Netflix anymore. Available elsewhere though

The Zimbabwe encounter is definitely up there in terms of incidents that really make you wonder.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
The Skinwalker Ranch Phenomenon is generally enough for me to seriously consider that We Are Not Alone.

Hello alien intelligences possibly reading this. Please don't core out my anus and genitals. Or at least kill me first before you do it.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Maximo Roboto posted:

They're from the future

This works for me too

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Maximo Roboto posted:

Time travelers are at least less silly than "interdimensional travelers" because the whole parallel universes thing seems even more ludicrous than time traveling, which is at least intuitively more understandable

There are infinite dimensions! What makes any of these other universes comprehensible to us? And why does this bleeding only happen through UFOs and not any other observed Fortean phenomena?

It is more than the UFOs that people seem to be witnessing. Flying saucers or triangles are just the popular conception.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The Saucer Hovers posted:

get into here with this jungian garbage

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Low Desert Punk posted:

everyone give me your bob lazar takes. tia

Seems like a straight shooter to me

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

omg wizard pedophile fan spotted

Woah woah woah, backup. What's this about pedophiles? Is loving Jung going to be ruined for me too? I haven't gotten around to reading the Red Book yet and the experience is going to be ruined if I find out it was written by a chomo.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

just accusations and theories nothing concrete- youre probably safe to enjoy his big honkin picturebook

Sweet, I'm so excited to disintegrate into the conscious ether.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Atrocious Joe posted:

Thanks to this media push I feel like my opinion of "aliens are not visiting Earth" is now wacky and outlandish

Just dip your toe into the crazy pool, just for a taste. You might find you like it.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pobrecito posted:

all i know is i want to gently caress whatever is on board these ufos

Don't worry, they want to gently caress you too

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Vomik posted:

not focused on aliens but satanic ritual abuse and satanic panic are a good look at mass delusions

The satanic panick is usually a bunch of smaller events distributed over time with only individuals or small groups of people claiming to see something weird. The big events like Zimbabwe are much more punctuated and involve more collaboration.

Skinwalker ranch and all the fuckery that happens out that way better fits the mold of mass delusion. However stuff like the cattle mutilation that goes along with it is material that exists regardless of any delusions.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Think Less posted:

If you look up the wiki page for the Franklin coverup, it's completely dismissed as a hoax based on the fact that the witnesses either perjured themselves or refused to testify. However, there's a lot of evidence that there was a child trafficking ring operated out of omaha. This ties into the satanic panic. It's especially weird looking back at this in light of what we know about Epstein too.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2012/09/10/still-evil-after-all-these-years/

Last pod on the left did a good series about this too

What the gently caress? Larry King as in Larry King live? I've never heard about this before.

Just read the actual article, was about to lose my loving mind. I mean, this is still making me lose my loving mind, just in a different way.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I get a lot of plasma bubbles after eating a big bowl of spicy chili :blush:

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I think we'll be ok as long as they're not a necrophage species.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Delta-Wye posted:

https://www.uaptheory.com/

the breakdown of the puerto rico ufo is pretty fun, they make a reasonable guess for the effects you'd expect from a gravity drive of some kind and then inspect the video for evidence.

This seems pretty compelling, but my "crank poo poo" alarms start going off whenever I see people writing about quantum entanglement effects. Not that I know that they're absolutely wrong, but it's one of those topics people tend to say more about than they have a right to.

However it is compelling that they reasonably theorize a gravitational lensing effect from a gravity drive and then find corresponding visual artifacts in the footage. I'd like to see if those types of distortions and mirage show up in IR camera footage of mundane phenomena.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

yes but i also just read the sentence "Consider the elegance of what we just did."

I think it's generally impossible for anyone to take this stuff seriously without being a little off their nut.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Delta-Wye posted:

posting is the only thing that is real

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Riot Bimbo posted:

Life is getting real god damned weird for sure.

No matter what happens, never let anyone take away your empathy for fellow humans, never knowingly permit the death of your soul, either literally or metaphorically depending on your beliefs, and be ready to fight and die to shield the weak against the cruel!!

If it's disinfo on this scale, it means bad poo poo is on the horizon. If it's disclosure, life's about to change forever for everyone, and is possibly an even worse outcome lol

Stay golden riot bimbo

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Hirsute posted:

I watched some ufo thing last night with interviews with the kids in Zimbabwe. I definitely felt like they had been coached or influenced to say the stuff about the aliens warning them to protect the planet, just from the way they talked about it and their body language, but they seemed pretty believable about the ufo itself.

Yeah, they were coached by the aliens! Weren't you listening?

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Ross DaouThot posted:

yeah but these aliens’ lore is that they could randomly shut nukes off and on and can travel frictionless at 13,000mph. their introduction by the DS/Illuminati could just end up being another crisis that people unite and globalize around in an effort to surrender and present ourselves as peaceful primates.

lol,

lmao

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Tighclops posted:

If they want more money I'm pretty sure they can just sell more drugs or something

Money printer go brrrrrrr

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So possible scenarios:
1) It's all gaslighting by the US government for $$$ (weird since they've dropped millions into research this anyhow and could just ask for more money. Congress can't say no to the MIC)
2) It's all gaslighting by a global coalition for... ???
3) It's an adversary waving their magic drone dicks at us for reasons.
4) It's aliens and their purpose is unknown
5) It's aliens and they're benevolent. Yay utopia.
6) It's aliens and they're malicious. XCOM incoming.
7) It's aliens and they made contact but they're just kinda neutral? Is that sufficiently different from 3?

8) We're all just paranoid schizoids that have been conditioned by information and stimulus saturation for the last 3 decades to find patterns and stories where there aren't any.

My money's on 4 with a hedge on 6.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

superintelligent AI from the present that just set up shop in the deep ocean so it can keep itself cool and tap geothermal + mineral resources on the ocean floor, imo. thats my stupid scifi poo poo bet

This might be a tidy way to clear up "The Bloop"

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Think Less posted:

Everything will be revealed July 8th or possibly 18th

I'm going to have a BBQ on those days :)

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

coelomate posted:

The human in me also loves that subreddit and is excited to see what the next few months bring

Considering the topic of the thread this is very sus wording :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Delta-Wye posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8alQ3Daaw

simply incredible.

my favorite part is he says the DOE shows up and rolls him and the other marines. if there is anywhere in the government that has deep dark secrets, its buried in the DOE bureaucracy.

Rick Perry knew exactly what he was doing