Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

chainchompz posted:

I keep hearing conservatives rag on about a one world government and like maybe I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but what's wrong with the world uniting?

usually it's envisioned as a totalitarian scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

SniperWoreConverse posted:

wonder how much they can dope him up for this speech, will it be enough to approach the ai deepfake or is he going to be visibly hosed up and too old even with the adrenochrome

That's along the lines of how I read this: "The exact timing of Biden’s remarks has not yet been settled. The president is due to take a physical exam Thursday that could last several hours." i.e. prep time

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

“One word, Ma’am,” he said, coming back from the fire; limping, because of the pain. “One word. All you’ve been saying is quite right, I shouldn’t wonder. I’m a chap who always liked to know the worst and then put the best face I can on it. So I won’t deny any of what you said. But there’s one more thing to be said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones. Suppose this black pit of a kingdom of yours is the only world. Well, it strikes me as a pretty poor one. And that’s a funny thing, when you come to think of it. We’re just babies making up a game, if you’re right. But four babies playing a game can make a play-world which licks your real world hollow. That’s why I’m going to stand by the play world. I’m on Aslan’s side even if there isn’t any Aslan to lead it. I’m going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn’t any Narnia. So, thanking you kindly for our supper, if these two gentlemen and the young lady are ready, we’re leaving your court at once and setting out in the dark to spend our lives looking for Overland. Not that our lives will be very long, I should think; but that’s a small loss if the world’s as dull a place as you say.”

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Started watching the NatGeo doc and I did catch a huge red flag, at one point he said the reporter asked him if something was genuine, and he said he told her "I can tell you this is genuine." So he didn't actually say it's genuine, in classic spook-talk fashion.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

so UFO photos are like when you take a screenshot and the cursor is accidentally still in there

stop swearing and turn on your monitor

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

this is a clue... someone here is posting from the transdimensional 3rd hemisphere of earth

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

War and Pieces posted:

watching them repeatedly miss with $40,000 would do that yeah

You missed a zero.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Azathoth posted:

Next time you see Wario ask him if he's a libertarian. Let's settle this poo poo once and for all.

Riot Bimbo posted:

i *was* wario and it was great

Wel, don't keep us in suspense: are you a libertarian?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Been a while since we talked Nibiru/The Adam and Eve story eh
https://twitter.com/tinyklaus/status/1650836528640262151?s=20

they already know it's coming, why else do you think Musk is pushing hard for Mars?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

chainchompz posted:

I figured his Mars base stuff was really more for surviving climate change and ecological collapse here on Earth but with Mars on the sticker to get investors and public interest hyped for it.

In all seriousness, even an Earth with apocalyptic ecological collapse is still orders of magnitude more livable than Mars, so I can see that as far as it goes. But getting himself out of reach of the desperate nation-states warring over dwindling supplies of fresh water and the like, is a very real possibility imo.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

For Iour Ynformation

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

p. nutty stuff going on lately

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Pie in the Sky posted:

How does making your populace mistrustful of anything and everything you say make them easier to control? That makes zero loving sense.

A certain percentage will always go along with it ("some of the people all of the time") and the division and acrimony are what's useful to them.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

does our pope have to take orders from the alien pope or how does that hierarchy work out

please, that's racist. it's the space pope, not the alien pope

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

gonna be real here, if they are malevolent you're gonna have a hard time convincing me they're not demons

and you're gonna have a hard time convincing me they're not malevolent tbh, even if they appear not to be at first. totally going to own my xenophobia for you all

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

"Former Ex-CIA"

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

Everyone, both sane and insane, are completely insane

:hmmyes:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Untitled Grusch Game

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

buckle up for covid-115

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

500 good dogs posted:

btw if any aliens are reading this thread, I'm a sympathizer you can come pick me up and I'll help you destroy humanity or whatever

genocidal ideation? in cspam??

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

love to strip mine half of China for lithium so we can use coal fired electricity in our clean energy vehicles

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

You're a really cool design.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Protagonist posted:

singularities obviously don't exist; i've spoken to this growing school of thought in physics & cosmology in this thread before-

all black holes are the same black hole, the universe is recursive. change my mind.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Sleekly posted:

the same relationship in a way as between you and the floor below you and atmosphere around you. the ways you choose to treat these are the difference between holes in the floor and poison air vs sheer boring function vs trying to fit yourself in and be comfy and make a comfy place to others

i think all planets are alive and i think they all talk to each other and i think this one is particularly complex for reasons i dont understand but i feel like its a baby and i feel like it presents itself in all its ways to all of us all the time

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is going to be revealed to us. For the creation eagerly waits with anticipation for God’s sons to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to futility—not willingly, but because of him who subjected it—in the hope that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage to decay into the glorious freedom of God’s children. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together with labor pains until now."

Romans 8:18-22

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

What is the exchange rate like between spiritual and non spiritual wealth

Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God." – Matthew 19:23-24

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

getting overly credulous as we approach april 1

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I had a random rambly thought the other day and I wonder what you all think of it

we often think of ourselves as pretty powerless in the face of the infinite but we do also sorta have a superpower in that we can collapse nearly infinite possibilities into singular ones

like a deer can hear a stick breaking and the only thing it can do it that situation is run

we can look at an empty canvas or page or wall and put anything we want onto it... write any story our minds are capable of concocting or just day dream infinitely while staring at clouds

it's not a high thought but it sure feels like one, huh
anywho... it felt empowering

We are made in the image of God. When the Bible says that, the only thing it says he's done so far is create, so that should tell you something. In other words, I agree with you.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This kind of intersects also with an aside the witchcraft thread just had about what "spells" are exactly ("what you do every day, actually") and a thought it helped me have about the differences between a spell and a prayer including the amount of creativity put into it. A prayer may be compelling speech, but it is still only speech; whereas something that an onlooker might perceive as a "spell" or "ritual" contains additional creative elements, the more intricate or intimate or exotic the more powerful the spell. If I ask the Divine to help my friend through their troubles through words alone, I am praying. If I ask the Divine to help my friend through their troubles, in rhythm or verse, while stirring a pot of herbal confections pleasing to that Deity for that friend to consume and be thereby uplifted and empowered; I am practicing magic.

If to create is to participate in the Divine nature, and this is both expected and desired of us; and if to practice magic is simply to express our prayers in creative ways; then if one truly desires to create change in the world what is one to do, but practice magic

I will go along with you as far as, this depends on the Power one is addressing. We come from different faith traditions, of course. Offering one's "broken and contrite spirit," offering oneself as a "living sacrifice," showing mercy and helping the poor and powerless, are the acts of true worship and prayer. I know it will be unproductive to argue about the object of your worship, so take care. :)

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I honestly don't care what they bring as long as it's not a two party system and a message to vote

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

expressing some co-m'orbidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

how much to get spaceship jpegs?