Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

fanfic insert posted:

Does anyone know the reason for why the hemisync guy insists on having his voice in the right ear? Does it matter?

It's a stereo check. Hearing him in your right ear lets you know that your headphones are set up correctly as binaural beats absolutely need to be separated.
Also, if people know the Gateway routine I highly recommend checking out SBaGen; I've found the length of the Gateway courses to be too short and need a much longer time with the tones to relax. The courses were originally made to fit on cassette tapes, so it's my understanding they're as long as they could manage during the time.
Focus levels are included in the set of example tones with SBaGen, but you can create your own.

Also, hello, UFO thread. When I'm not crack-pinging my mind out in the Covid thread I like reading about people's experiences here. Grooving on Hitchhiker Effect.

Lackey has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Feb 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Sometimes, I like to check out the GPC dot to see if current events could possibly be affecting it.

The random number generators over at the Global Consciousness Project are showing network variance currently. It's interesting to think about.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Moooooom, I'm interpreting the dot too strongly again!

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

I'm Fox Muldering pretty hard today COME ON HURRY UP ALIEMS

Fake edit: Is it possible for us to somehow use the iframe code on the dot's site for gangtags?

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

how much garbage do you think we can make? im going to put my money on "a lot" of garbage

the trashosphere doesn't just build itself

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

I'm a shape lover, not a shape shooter!

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

I check the dot, as I do, and see it's doing what it's doing (I have no idea what it's doing, generally it's bright pink if it goes beyond red), and wonder if others noticed, too. I'm so happy to see the discussion here.

I'm also getting the site not loading at all from time to time. Stay safe, dot.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Radar fix the dot pls

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

The Demilich posted:

I love being lied to about every aspect of the fundamental nature of reality.

Really gets me off.

You too, huh.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Aren't we all really like this at the Moon Bar, though?

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Thread mascot for today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I've found that the most interesting art I make comes when I give myself artificial limitations on my methods

Unlimited options can paralyze you, you need constraints to fight against to really push yourself

This is one of the reasons why I enjoy working with pixel art. Constraints can be wonderful conduits for creativity.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Also, I'm not terribly thrilled to be the one to ask this as I really don't wish to draw undue attention to myself, but am I really the only person in this thread who has had an NDE? I've really been hoping that someone else would come forward so that I could chime in, but I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

During the summer of 1993 I fell off of my bike while not wearing a helmet and sustained a Grade 3 concussion (I was 16 at the time). I believe that I turned too sharply in a cul-de-sac (retrograde amnesia from this has made me less than 100% certain). What I do remember, though, is that from the time that I was struck unconscious, to the time that I came to, that I was clearly aware of what had happened and that I was no longer on the proper plane of existence (I fell off the bike and was embarrassed that I had ended up "here" too soon, wherever "here" was).

I don't remember seeing as much as feeling. No great light, no relatives, nothing of the sort (granted, I was young and had very few relatives who had passed on at the time). It was an immediate transferal of consciousness to a larger form of awareness. I was aware of others who were not myself, and asked if I were dead, disappointed that I'd messed up so soon.

I was told no, that I wasn't dead, and that I needed to go back.

I came to in the street, grit and asphalt in my mouth, a huge scratch on my glasses, and was confused when I touched my head and my fingers came back bloody.

I used to be an atheist, but I cannot deny the experiences that I've had and continue to have, and question still that which happens to me.

Enough about me, though. Back to birds.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Barry Foster posted:

I want to say that endocriminologist had an NDE (though I don't think they've talked too much about it) and I'm pretty sure someone else chimed in to say they did as well, but I can't remember who.

Regardless, thanks for piping up!! I'm always super-stoked to hear directly from people who've had one.

What was your impression of those "others"? And when you say "larger form of awareness", do you mean that your state of consciousness had changed? Many NDErs report being able to think much more quickly/clearly, being aware of much more than they usually are, stuff like that. Would any of that apply?

It was an immediate transferal of my own being/consciousness and a sense of remembering some kind of general purpose ("here" felt familiar, and it was like I'd forgotten was "here" was until I'd been "there" again). I was me, with all of my personal thoughts and ego, it seems, but I just "knew" that there were others who were not me with me. A feeling of spatial presence? It's difficult to put into terms things which are largely non-physical and entirely in my head, so to speak.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Oh yeah if you haven't submitted to nderf.org please do so! If you have, please share it here. The questionnaire is great

Thank you so much for this. A lot of my being terrified of talking about it is the immense dismissal of these experiences in general from others and not wanting someone to judge me as being crazy; I know full well what I'm saying is just absolutely out there, but it felt like the right time to finally discuss it here.

And thank you, thread. I've been wanting to talk about this for such a long time, but have been too timid.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Polo-Rican posted:

I don't want to fall off my bike and whack my noggin but I am envious of your experience. Has it stuck with you? e.g., Do you believe it was legit and that you'll rejoin this larger awareness when you die?

I absolutely believe it was, though I admit that even sometimes I'll have something scratching in the back of my mind that's self-critical that makes me seek validation by reading others' accounts and continuing to try to understand that experience all over again. By all means I desperately wish it to be real, too, because that means that's there's so much more to life than just what we are currently living, and that is so exciting to me.

I've had quite a few meaningful experiences since then which have helped reinforce my beliefs (specifically lucid dreaming and out of body experiences, weird things while meditating, bizarre synchronicities, etc.). I question if a thing such as fate exists or if I'm just exceptionally good at seeing patterns, but something is clearly happening, I feel.

I think we'll all get to hang out together in the end and share our interesting human experiences as we work on refining ourselves in the next existence.

Lackey has issued a correction as of 01:14 on Apr 7, 2023

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

blatman posted:

idk where else to post this so please enjoy the hit new single by VNV Nation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpPTqJpta3g

I feel a desperate need to say that I just listened to this song just before coming into this thread and seeing this post as my last not read. Aaaaaaaa it's happening again

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Get the July Aitee 2023 shirts to printer

Ah yes, the Julytees. I'll see myself out.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

I would also like to thank everyone else for sharing their experiences and thoughts in this thread, the best thread. Much love for all of you.

:justpost:

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Slavvy posted:

That's part of the fun

Now consider why we call them birds

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

The dot's off the chart into flamingo pink. Wild.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Bilirubin posted:

COLLECTIVE CONSCIOUSNESS SAYS ADD MORE TIME TO YOUR COMMUTE TO DIAMOND BAR

Why don't you think why the 57 rhymes with heaven, huh?

Lackey has issued a correction as of 00:54 on Apr 19, 2023

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Tekne posted:

more footage from the great tropospheric garbage patch

Now that's the stuff. :discourse:

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Yay, hallucinogens!

I have very few hallucinogen experiences, but I had some very interesting things happen (salvia and mdma, repectively).

Salvia, while such a short-lived trip, basically took me somewhere else. I watched the pile of the carpet in my bedroom swirl and transform into the sand of a vast desert (I was quite aware that I was also in said room on salvia as it was all going on, a duality of being). I met with an older Native American woman, who had a small boy with her. There was also a gigantic, fuckoff Golden Eagle and I was asked if I wanted to ride it.

I declined because I was afraid that someone was going to walk in on me while being absolutely out of my mind. I really wish that I had taken them up on the offer.

Another salvia experience was immediately met with the feeling of not being alone, and that there were multiple, playful presences with me, doing something akin to hide and seek. I remember laughing my rear end off during that particular trip. None of this was visual.

I could see people's auras, vivid colors, energy tendrils of their energetic biofield, such beauty, on mdma. Previous to this, I felt like I could see a ghost of this sort of thing from people (a pale-colored heat shimmer), but mdma amplified it and clarified it, validated it. As I came down, my auric sight or whatever you want to call it returned to what it previously was, but A++ would do both again.

This song seems thread appropriate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZvgZNnjCI

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

New month, new sky trash.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

This is what they're trying to keep us from doing.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Dot pink so what :shrug:

Edit: :orb: I have no clue as to this source but here's some videos.

https://twitter.com/528vibes/status/1657571025565958145

Lackey has issued a correction as of 06:16 on May 14, 2023

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Don't know bout you, but May fourteenth sounds a little like aitee

Mothership or no, meditation is nice to do anyway so it's win-win

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Everyone knows that reality is coded in Pascal, duh.

BRB savescumming reality

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

The Demilich posted:

Sombr found a cache of FOIA docs that repeatedly told stories of Nancy Reagan's mouth being out of this world from multiple eyewitnesses. Ronald Reagan was more Alzheimer's than man by the dates given on these docs if they're to be believed (and they are official gov docs so...)

Is it possible aliens were in control of the Reagan cabinet, and giving commands through Nancy? Or perhaps Nancy herself was actually a vessel for Enoch, he who became the Metatron?

How deep does this go? There's multiple references to deepthroating, which has got to be a euphemism for being an informant in general given the prior experience of Watergate back in '72. Maybe there's a few more deep throats out there right now just waiting to be found.

Nancy was also very much into astrology, too. Joan Quigley was the White House astrologer. All kinds of weird stuff about Nancy, I'm not surprised.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

I just need a shirt that reads "Wake me when it's Aitee" with an airbrushed Jrooti n' pals on it.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

mediaphage posted:

thats what u get from reading this thread too much

ohhh so that's what that tingling is.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Tremendous content today, thread friends. Curious how the dot/orb will behave today.

Wait, I'm hearing something from the wires (and beaten quite soundly, lol):

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Oh hey, dot's going straight blue. Here's also some music for the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ0-ZhwRry4

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

aliens discovered the bliss point in our trash food and have become slaves to flavor

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Oh I forgot to post this but I'm glad I found this thread back whenever because if my posting options were dnd or r/ufos I would be very sad. I'm sharknado slashfic and this is my favorite thread on the forums.

Seriously. This is best thread and I'm so happy to be here with all of you during this pretty amazing time. Also, thank you to others sharing music, too.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Yes please to a bird watchers tag so I can hang with my cool thread friends.

Edit: too late.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Good morning and happy Thursday (not Friday still waking up, lol), bird thread.

New day, new ayyyy.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I have such a sickening sense of anticipation

Time is not nearly going quickly enough... if it even exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?

This has been an absolutely insane and amazing week, and looking forward to whatever pops up next. Hope everyone is as excited as I am. :stoked: